For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
dmih08's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 8th, 2017 12:46 AM

refused to return iPhone

Hello,
 Today, I bought an iPhone SE from Westwood Los Angeles Store #S857. I went to my home and called customer service on #3102080319 Lady told me all our phones are unlocked. I opened the package and tried my international Sim card it did not work. I went back to the store, and the supervisor shouted at me and said you are lying and was very bad in his communication with me and refused to return unless if I pay 45$ store fee. I just took the i phone less than an hour before, and all packages were still there except the outside cover. I attached all photos to this email. I talked to the customer service on 611. Lady was so helpful and offered me to send me an unlocking code to my email .
My concerns what are the other possible solutions and should I need a new unlocking code with each update.
Also, The fees on the receipt were 35$ for return, not 45$.
Thank you so much and appreciate your care.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@dmih08 iPhones don't have unlock codes. They just unlock it and then there are a few steps to do, but no code.

If you got an iPhone SE for $250 or less, it's discounted for GoPhone and locked to AT&T. You need to use it for 6 months on prepaid/gophone to get it unlocked.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

I think you heard wrong.  All ATT phones are sold LOCKED.  An iPhone SE in the clamshell off the prepaid rack is sold at a deep discount.  You cannot get it unlocked unless you complete a minimum service requirement with ATT.  

The restock fee is $45.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.