"Download Over Cellular?" Keeps popping up on my phone.

Contributor

"Download Over Cellular?" Keeps popping up on my phone.

I have an iPhone- today I opened my clock to set an alarm, all other apps had been closed all day.
A message popped up on my screen titled "Download Over Cellular?" And the message read:
Additional fees may apply with downloading songs over cellular.
Then it gave me two options to close OR download.

I have never seen this message in the 4 years of having an iPhone. I closed the message and an hour later it popped up again.

Does anyone have ANY CLUE what this is?
Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: "Download Over Cellular?" Keeps popping up on my phone.

lohe321 wrote:
I have an iPhone- today I opened my clock to set an alarm, all other apps had been closed all day.
A message popped up on my screen titled "Download Over Cellular?" And the message read:

I have never seen this message in the 4 years of having an iPhone. I closed the message and an hour later it popped up again.

Is it a 4S? If so there was just a IOS update released for it

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Scholar

lohe321 wrote:

FWIW--you posted the same concern in a different thread, but just in case you were looking for a response in this one...

You may want to check here:  Settings -> iTunes & App Storres -> Use Cellular Data and see if that's set to ON; while you're at it, you may also want to check:  Settings -> General -> Cellular and look at the "Use Cellular Data" section to see if iTunes is set to ON; now this setting may be personal preference but definitely check the first setting I mentioned.

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

I have the same problem. I set the setting on the comment  below yours...hope it works. I have itunes match set to off above. I have i phone 4. 

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support