question about contract phone

Contributor

question about contract phone

This is an AT&T question. I know, that I've said, that my contract ends and I can upgrade on September 14th. Even though, it's a month away, I don't know if my phone can hold out, since it is already giving me problems. For instance, the slowness. Even though, I can have good signal on 4G, my phone still gives me slowness and network problems, ever since, I had the phone. But, after a few months, the problems get worse. I posted an image, of what happens, when I try to post on my Facebook App. It will say "taking too long to post".

So, here's my question. Can I upgrade, my two year contract phone, a month early? Also, been having trouble, with retrieving voicemail.

Message 1 of 3 (394 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: question about contract phone

You can always upgrade early. The issue is when you upgrade how much is it going to cost you. Upgrading within the first few months (up to 6?) of a contract generally means you pay the full price for your new phone. If you upgrade after that, but before your contract expires, you generally have what is called an "early upgrade cost" which is about $250 more than the "full upgrade cost."

If you want to replace your phone 1 month before your contract expires, you can pay an additional $250 and get your new phone now. You may also have the option to buy your new phone using NEXT (where you pay full price) but you don't sign a new service contract at all. The nice thing about NEXT is that you pay in installments (with no financing charges/interest) but you also pay the full price for your phone.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (373 Views)
Contributor

Re: question about contract phone

Seriously? That will be a total of $450 just to upgrade a month early. wish, there was another solution, to this.

Message 3 of 3 (364 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.