Explore & discover

Helpful Links

purchased phone that was later reported stolen/lost, AT&T blacklisted but offers no help?

Highlighted
Contributor

purchased phone that was later reported stolen/lost, AT&T blacklisted but offers no help?

Iphone was purchased locally and reported stolen after about two weeks..... I contacted at&t, however they respond only with, since you did not buy it from us we wont help you..... why will they not contact the original owner..... ? Even to return the phone? Is there anything I can do with the imei to track this information? Maybe it was a mistake? How can I find out any information? 

Message 1 of 3

Re: purchased phone that was later reported stolen/lost, AT&T blacklisted but offers no help?

You got scammed. You need to be more careful before buying a phone. AT&T can't help you because they're not the ones who scammed you.

Message 2 of 3
ACE - Sage

Re: purchased phone that was later reported stolen/lost, AT&T blacklisted but offers no help?

Only the person who blacklisted it can remove it.  Since the seller probably intentionally scammed you, your only option is go after him/her for a refund.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support