For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
tbomber's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, August 18th, 2014 11:49 PM

php issues over att network

Any php files on the website work fine across all browsers, phones etc except on AT&T service the php functions are replaced with semi random characters. As well, a 0 is placed at the bottom of every php page. If we switch the device over to Wifi, problems are gone.

If all include/include_once functions are removed the page works fine.

Also, this doesn't seem to be specific to just Apple devices.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

We fund a solution for our websites:

It looks like AT&T recently changed their wireless proxy servers to assume that certain web mime types are delivered in GZIP format. By tunring on GZIP compression of the following mime types for all our websites, we were able to solve the problem:

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I'd like to add that this has been tested on other provider's networks and the issue doesn't show up. It seems to be a problem with the AT&T's proxy server.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I am a developer and just built a large site for a client and we are getting the same results.  It has been happening for about 2 weeks.  Random characters are showing up on the screen and only on AT&T and not when on wifi.

This is happening in Texas but up in Raleigh, NC on AT&T it is fine.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

jctek123 - thanx for your reply. I saw this same post over on stackoverflow (which has since been marked as "closed"), but couldn't contact the poster (stack doesn't allow contacts). So I posted it here in the hopes that someone from AT&T would look into it.

I am also in Texas, and have confirmed that it is NOT happening in Florida, Alabama or New Mexico.

I've heard of this issue happening when using a transparent proxy like "squid", so I can only assume that AT&T made a localized change to the proxy being used in the Texas locations.

Can someone from AT&T take a look at this issue?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

My client is about to Call AT&T.  It just happens that of course my client is in Texas where the problem is.  We spent several hours trying to trouble shoot it just to discover that it is a problem with the AT&T network.  Glad someone else has started a thread so someone can try to fix it because I was all tapped out of ideas.  Been doing web deisgn for 15+ years and have never seen this issue before.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

jctek123 - did your client call AT&T? If so, was anything determined?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Yep!  After about 3 hours on the phone with several people he finally got a tech on the phone and after going back and forth for a while he finally got the tech to admit that multiple people were having issues and they would look into it.

That's all I got for now.

Later

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I have also been seeing this for about 1 week in PA/NY. If I use verizon or view the site using secure socket  (https), the extra inserted characters are gone.

In addition, my usb connected wifi device quit working on att network during this time (also strange timing), my new att iPhone hotspot shows the same issue. Scans with clamx have not found found issues on my mac. 

If I share out to another Mac, the issue is present.

Has anyone confirmed it being related to dns servers, I am also wondering if they can do it.

Can I have my iPhone use open or google dns?

Thanks for all the input!

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

tbomber, have you had any luck with this issue? I have not yet. Brad

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have the same issue in Kentucky.  Do you have a contact within AT&T to report the issue to?

I tethered to my phone from my laptop and got the same results with firefox and chrome.  But, interestingly if I do a wget, the page does not contain the extra characters.

wget http://somerandomsite.com/info.php

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.