For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
dan.myers2229's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2011 1:32 AM

new to iphone 3GS

Ok, I have always had a crappy phone until I got a 3GS. I had it for a week or so, then updated to iOS 5.0.1. It took about two hours to do since I didn't know what I was doing.

The update went fairly smooth even though I had to contact AT&T support later because the password for Apple ID would not work. I got that settled in under an hour, and I set-up the phone the way I wanted. So I was momentarily happy.

Tonight, I wanted to download a new theme, so I hooked up the iPhone to my computer and the launched iTunes. I looked away for a few seconds, the phone beeped, and when I looked back, the phone was being backed-up. I thought, OH, NO! don't go backward on me now that I have the silly thing set-up correctly.

Well, bottom line, I still have iOS 5.0.1 but none of the prefes or setting including the way I had my desktop is the same config.

Now to my question... will the phone get backed-up everytime I hook up to iTunes? This is not something I want to have to do all the time.

Any thoughts?

Daniel

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

12 years ago

Normally the phone backs up when it connects to iTunes. You do realize that "backing up" has nothing to do with going back to a previous OS version don't you? It just makes a copy of the settings and information on the phone so you can restore it if you have a problem, like backing up your computer hard drive.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

12 years ago

It should. If you download something on the phone like music, video, or an app, syncing it with iTunes will upload it from the phone to your computer so it will now be on both your phone and the computer, instead of only being on the phone.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

So anything I download will remain on the phone? I noticed that all the apps I downloaded where still there.

Am I going to have to go through the settings and reconfigure the way I had it?

Thanks,

Daniel

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.