The new iPhone 15
Tammy5297's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 21st, 2010 4:47 AM

iphone

I do not have wireless internet at home but I would like to buy my son a iphone for Xmas. Will I have to buy a router for my internet for him to access his iphone. 

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

13 years ago

No he can use 3G BUT Remember you only have 2 gb for data. And that is not much. But a wireless router so the iPhone can use WIFI will save on data and over charges. Hope this helps

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

@Tammy5297 wrote:

I do not have wireless internet at home but I would like to buy my son a iphone for Xmas. Will I have to buy a router for my internet for him to access his iphone. 

Just realize that you will be unable to update the iOS on the device when updates are released without going to somewhere with Internet access (a friend or relatives home)

Do you have a home computer?  If not, there will be no way to back up the device in the event it needs to be restored.  In other words, all media will be on the device only.

There are other options for backing up/syncing contacts and calendars.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

13 years ago

@satchev wrote:

@Tammy5297 wrote:

Just realize that you will be unable to update the iOS on the device when updates are released without going to somewhere with Internet access (a friend or relatives home)

Do you have a home computer?  If not, there will be no way to back up the device in the event it needs to be restored.  In other words, all media will be on the device only.

There are other options for backing up/syncing contacts and calendars.

OP has internet, just not wireless. She'll be able to sync the phone, the phone just won't be able to do wifi when at home.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

13 years ago

@graphite07 wrote:
No he can use 3G BUT Remember you only have 2 gb for data. And that is not much. But a wireless router so the iPhone can use WIFI will save on data and over charges. Hope this helps

2GB may not be much to some but I find that hard to believe. I'm about 3/4 the way thru my bill cycle and I've been trying to drive up my data usage on purpose to track data usage on the phone vs OLAM. I've been on a daily basis doing a lot of audio and video streaming and I still have not gone over 1GB.  I just can't quite fathom what some people are doing on their phones that requires more than 2GB per month.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I get pretty close to 1gb each month and It may be because of tons of emails I get. I don't do much gaming, or browsing but occasionally I will use the internet search.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Tammy5297 wrote:

A wireless router or switch would make it nice and keep overages down.

You can download iTunes on the computer and sync the phone via USB.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.