iphone tethering speed

Highlighted
Teacher

iphone tethering speed

I have a wi fi only iPad. How does tethering on an iPhone compare to mi fi devices as far as speed is concerned?

Message 1 of 4 (8,127 Views)
Former Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by topic author sstonick
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: iphone tethering speed

This can depend on the phone. 

For example, the iPhone 4S uses the HSPA+ network which provides faster speeds than the iPhone 4 or 3GS which use the 3G network. 

Here's a link to our data plans. You can learn more about the Tethering Data Plan here: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/data-plans.jsp?fbid=zg1tOQR9SP0

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (8,090 Views)
Teacher

Thanks, I have a 4s. I signed up for the tethering plan, I'll see how I like it.

Message 3 of 4 (8,081 Views)
Former Community Manager

Message 4 of 4 (6,779 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.