Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Mar 21, 2012
7:42:51 AM
View profile
iphone tethering speed

I have a wi fi only iPad. How does tethering on an iPhone compare to mi fi devices as far as speed is concerned?

I have a wi fi only iPad. How does tethering on an iPhone compare to mi fi devices as far as speed is concerned?

Accepted Solution

iphone tethering speed

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 21, 2012 1:57:24 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

This can depend on the phone. 

For example, the iPhone 4S uses the HSPA+ network which provides faster speeds than the iPhone 4 or 3GS which use the 3G network. 

Here's a link to our data plans. You can learn more about the Tethering Data Plan here: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/data-plans.jsp?fbid=zg1tOQR9SP0

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

This can depend on the phone. 

For example, the iPhone 4S uses the HSPA+ network which provides faster speeds than the iPhone 4 or 3GS which use the 3G network. 

Here's a link to our data plans. You can learn more about the Tethering Data Plan here: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/data-plans.jsp?fbid=zg1tOQR9SP0

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: iphone tethering speed

2 of 4 (7,961 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2012 2:59:25 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks, I have a 4s. I signed up for the tethering plan, I'll see how I like it.

Thanks, I have a 4s. I signed up for the tethering plan, I'll see how I like it.

3 of 4 (7,952 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2012 8:26:04 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Moved for better exposure
--------------

4 of 4 (6,650 Views)