Explore & discover

Helpful Links

iphone promotion early pay-off of installment plan

Highlighted
Tutor

iphone promotion early pay-off of installment plan

I bought a phone during the 2016 iphone trade-in promotion. Which essentially ended up being a  $21.67 discount off my bill for 30 months. I paid off my installment plan two months early and now ATT refuses to give me the $21.67 x 2. This is not the right thing to do to customers and I am piping mad. There is an "Important payoff details" section listed on the website and not ONE of them mention that if you pay off early you won't get your discount. Let's be clear it is actually NOT a discount. It is the cost of a free phone divided up into 30 payments. Well since I paid my phone off early I ended up paying ~$44 for my phone instead of it being free. I need someone to contact me before I take some serious action.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎04-13-2019 3:45 AM

Re: iphone promotion early pay-off of installment plan

Read the promo paperwork.  It states if your cancel or payoff the device the credits stop.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by candid04
‎04-13-2019 4:05 AM

Was this the trade in iPhone 6 to get $650 off iPhone 7 deal?  

”device must remain on its agreement for the entire term to get all credits”

see photo.

IMG_4709.PNG

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
Tutor

Of course it does. ATT also knows that the average customer doesn't have this paperwork from 3 years ago and I find it deceptive that in all the encouragement to pay-off the installation and in the list of "Important Payoff Details" on the website this particular issue is not deemed as "important". Bottom line is it's deceptive and not the right thing to do to customers. That's why companies fail because they are not willing to do what is right. It's sad that ATT is willing to lose a 4-year customer with four phones, a watch, internet, cable, not to mention a business account because of shady practices. Oh well.

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Sage

@candid04 wrote:

Of course it does. ATT also knows that the average customer doesn't have this paperwork from 3 years ago and I find it deceptive that in all the encouragement to pay-off the installation and in the list of "Important Payoff Details" on the website this particular issue is not deemed as "important". Bottom line is it's deceptive and not the right thing to do to customers. That's why companies fail because they are not willing to do what is right. It's sad that ATT is willing to lose a 4-year customer with four phones, a watch, internet, cable, not to mention a business account because of shady practices. Oh well.

Not an excuse since EVERY promotion works this way.    Every one since the December 2015 bogo.    https://www.att.com/deals/iphone-BOGO.html

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 5 of 6
Contributor

You are lucky that you only had 2 months left.  I just paid off what they said was the “free” phone with 12 months left on the contract so l have to wait for 12 months worth of credits for the other phone to show as having a fulfilled contract. At my advanced age, l can only hope l will still be around to get the credits back.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support