Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 6, 2010
6:15:22 AM
View profile
iphone internet connection

Can you use a Bluetooth connection between iphone 4 and a computer with a internet connection to access the internet on your iphone? Wi-fi and cellular connection turned off or not available.

Can you use a Bluetooth connection between iphone 4 and a computer with a internet connection to access the internet on your iphone? Wi-fi and cellular connection turned off or not available.

Accepted Solution

iphone internet connection

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2010 7:00:41 AM
(0)
Expert

brucy wrote:

If I recall correctly a legitmate (not hacked) iphone configuration cannot use bluetooth for anything but headsety and hands free connections.

brucy wrote:

If I recall correctly a legitmate (not hacked) iphone configuration cannot use bluetooth for anything but headsety and hands free connections.

Re: iphone internet connection

2 of 3 (2,559 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 6, 2010 7:22:02 AM
(0)
Professor

brucy wrote:

The iPhone only supports headsets and handsfree bluetooth profiles. 

To use the bluetooth as your Internet connection would require the device to be jailbroken and have additional bluetooth profiles installed.  You would probably also need additional software changes made to allow it to work this way.

I personally cannot imagine that someone would spend the time to make this work as it makes very little sense.  Wi-Fi is simple and WiFi routers are cheap.

brucy wrote:

The iPhone only supports headsets and handsfree bluetooth profiles. 

To use the bluetooth as your Internet connection would require the device to be jailbroken and have additional bluetooth profiles installed.  You would probably also need additional software changes made to allow it to work this way.

I personally cannot imagine that someone would spend the time to make this work as it makes very little sense.  Wi-Fi is simple and WiFi routers are cheap.

Re: iphone internet connection

3 of 3 (2,546 Views)
Solution