For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Tacomasailor's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, October 21st, 2012 5:04 PM

iphone email sent but not received

3GS  ios5.1.1

The Apple mail app shows e-mail messages are being sent but NONE are being received.  I have sent dozens of test messages to a wide variety of e-mail addresses and not a single one is being received

The last message I sent and can verify was received was sent on Oct 7, 2012

Apple Tech support, on Saturday Oct 20 2012, told me this problem has been reported  by mabny customers since Wednesday Oct 17, 2012 but they had no fix. 

I have turned my network connections on/off and have done a hard reset on the phone

I have connected to a WiFi net to send messages rather that use ATT net and have the same problem

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Talked to AT&T - they knew all about my problem of the iPhone thinking it sent the e-mail but nobody gets them

They had me delete my e-mail account on the iPhone and then Add a new account - it required two button touches and ten seconds to accomplish

Fixed the problem!

AT&T says something happens to my account settings in the iPhone - they all look correct but the iPhone does not handle the send correctly. Deleting and Adding fixes it.

ATT said this is an old problem that they and Apple have often discussed but Apple will not acknowledge it and will not provide the Delete/Add fix to their tech support menus so when a customer like me calls Apple Support they are not told about the easy and quick fix

The more I deal with the iPhone - the more I am impressed with the Arrogance of Apple

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

12 years ago

What email provider are you using, and what are your outgoing mail settings?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

When I send text message the can't be read, they are in chineses

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.