The new iPhone 15
NJTimmay's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 9th, 2016 8:18 PM

iphone 6 audio on other end of call goes silent

I've been having an issue for ~9 months on my iPhone 6 where I'll be having a conversation with someone and they will stop being able to hear me.  The only fix during the call is to switch the audio source to speaker phone.  The issue never occurs while using the speaker or bluetooth audio sources, only the normal handset audio source.  I've had Apple troubleshoot the device numerous times, and they have even replaced the device twice, but the same issue persists.  I've tried using the devise without copying over a backup or putting any app's or mail on it, but the issue remains.  Apple is convinced it's on AT&T's side, but they cannot fix that.  AT&T tells me they can only change the SIM, which we have done twice, but same issue.  They also adjusted HD voice and a few others settings, to no avail. My wife upgraded her phone yesterday to an iPhone 6 S and now she's having the issue!  I'm 100% convinced that this is an issue with some type setting on my account, or in the network, and I'm at my wit's end here.  Has anyone else heard of this issue?  I would greatly appreciate any help.  

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @NJTimmay!

I’m so sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been experiencing with your iPhones. When your HD voice was adjusted, was it turned on or off? (In Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE > does that say Data only, or Voice & Data?) Do you use Wi-Fi Calling? Does this issue happen everywhere, or primarily at home? Does this happen with every phone call, or only with specific people? Please send your reply in a private message and include your full name, AT&T mobile numbers, and a good time to reach you. We will be in contact within a few days to get this resolved.

Thanks!

Alison

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi there,

I am having the same problem, but it seems like it's only become an issue in 2017. It happens when I'm at work and at home, and my husband notices it especially but I also talk to him the most. Can you help?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm haveing a similar issue.   I was able to turn off wifi calling and it helped, but now of course I drop calls in the dead spots in my house. Smiley Sad

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

What should the LTE settings be?  Data Only?  Should Wifi be off for calls?  I am experiencing this same issue in 2017.  Dead spots in calls constantly.  Other call can be from a land line so I know it is my side doing something. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.