Explore & discover

Helpful Links

iphone 5c from AT&T to Verizon

Highlighted
Contributor

iphone 5c from AT&T to Verizon

I am trying to convert an iphone 5c that was used on an AT&T account to be able to work on Verizon. The iphone 5c was replaced by another iphone on the AT&T account.  I received an unlock code from AT&T and did that.  I received an email from AT&T saying congratulations your request was approved. When I inserted the SIM card from Verizon I don't have any service.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: iphone 5c from AT&T to Verizon

Needs carrier settings updated more than likely. I would restore the phone with iTunes.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Professor)
Accepted by Busternutt
‎09-28-2016 7:11 AM

Won't work anyway the 5c on att didn't have CDMA so you won't get voice or text.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Professor

As @GLIMMERMAN76 said, the 5c GSM version doesn't have the correct radio inside of it to support Verizon.

Only the AT&T iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPhone SE support CDMA networks.

The AT&T 5s and below and the AT&T 7 and 7 Plus do not support CDMA networks.

You can view more details about which iPhone models support which networks at http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/. If your model number isn't listed, you may have to contact Apple to confirm which networks your phone supports.

Justin

If this solved your problem, please consider accepting this as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support