jinju's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, December 4th, 2011 4:13 AM

Closed

iphone 4s as a pay as you go phone

Hi, 

i want to buy a iphone 4s and i currently have a pay as u go account. can i buy an iphone 4s and switch my current phone to the iphone and still have an go phone account???

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

That is partially correct...AT&T does not offer any model iPhone as a choice to use on a GoPhone plan. The people that do use them purchase them on their own accord and set them up by themselves. AT&T has nothing to do with it except provide service to the phone. They don't handle warranty, returns, etc.

Your current SIM card is probably authorized for GoPhone use if you are currently able to use it with a GoPhone account. If you want, you can trim down your current SIM card to fit the microSIM scale size. I'm glad you did your research. That would be the equivalent of a microSIM.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

12 years ago

Don't be surprised if your attempt to use a 4s on a go plan fails. Though users have been successful in getting older generation iPhones (3G/3GS) to work, I've never seen anyone verify they got a 4 or 4s to work. Also, keep in mind that all smartphones require a data plan and there are no compatible go phone data plans for an iPhone.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

@jinju wrote:

Hi, 

i want to buy a iphone 4s and i currently have a pay as u go account. can i buy an iphone 4s and switch my current phone to the iphone and still have an go phone account???

Thanks!

What you are trying to describe is indeed possible. People here are going to disagree with me and tell you that you cannot use an iPhone on a GoPhone account, but you can. Take it from someone who is posting from a prepaid iPhone 3GS right now.

If you didn't already know, your current SIM card will not fit into the iPhone 4S because it uses a microSIM. You will somehow need to obtain a prepaid microSIM either by purchasing one on eBay or maybe even getting one from an AT&T store.

iPhones are not supported by AT&T on GoPhone plans, but yes, you CAN use it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

what do u mean that the iphone are not supported by at&t on gophone plans?? meaning that they do not have them as a choice as a phone for the plans??? 

i have seen articles about cutting down a simcard to a microsim but that is not the same as getting a gophone simcard?? 

i had a regular 2yr. contract but switched to a gophone account. does that make my simcard in my current phone a gophone simcard???

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

OK so by trimming my current SIM card to a micro SIM at&t would think it was just the same phone??? or that doesn't even matter? and it doesn't matter if my SIM card is not coming from a smart phone but just a regular phone?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.