Explore & discover

Helpful Links

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

Teacher

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

my 32gb black iphone 4 STILL says in progress!!! anybody else have this problem??? am i gonna gt my phone tommorow or not??

Message 1 of 4,535

Re: iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

Finally! I'll have it tomorrow.

Order Number: xxxxx
Date Ordered: 07/11/10

Various SIM

ShippedPop up

07/22/10

FEDX

Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONE

ShippedPop up

07/22/10

FEDX

Tessco IPH4 ACCESSORY

ShippedPop up

07/22/10

FEDX

FREIGHT

ShippedPop up

07/22/10

FEDX

Message 4321 of 4,535
Tutor

7/10 Order: During the night I got an email confirming 2nd day air UPS shipping. Never saw the phone actually go off of BO.  I hate how it seems arbitrary as to which carrier they use.  I notice one person above ordered theirs on the 11th and got shipment via Fedex (which ships overnight) - why did I receive 2nd day air? Won't receive my phone until Monday now. Day 16: even though I was quoted 10 to 14 days as they guy stated on the previous page.

Message 4322 of 4,535

@meetzejt wrote:

7/10 Order: During the night I got an email confirming 2nd day air UPS shipping. Never saw the phone actually go off of BO.  I hate how it seems arbitrary as to which carrier they use.  I notice one person above ordered theirs on the 11th and got shipment via Fedex (which ships overnight) - why did I receive 2nd day air? Won't receive my phone until Monday now. Day 16: even though I was quoted 10 to 14 days as they guy stated on the previous page.

at least you now have a set date when it will arrive. im still waiting on mine and no telling when it will be shipped. *sigh*

Message 4323 of 4,535
Tutor

So happy...so hopeful for all others waiting... 

Date Ordered: 07/10/10

Tessco IPH4 ACCESSORY

ShippedPop up

07/22/10

FEDX

Tessco IPH4 ACCESSORY

ShippedPop up

07/22/10

FEDX

Various SIM

ShippedPop up

07/22/10

FEDX

FREIGHT

ShippedPop up

07/22/10

FEDX

Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONE

ShippedPop up

07/22/10

FEDX

Message 4324 of 4,535
Teacher

I have a feeling i wont come off back order until next Tuesday... I ordered 7/13 at 10am at an AT&T store im from connecticut by the way

Message 4325 of 4,535
Teacher

So, let me fill you in on my order timeline (debacle)...

I know that ATT/Apple are still within their delivery window, but it's just ridiculously frustrating to have placed an order only to have it screwed up, cancelled, re-ordered, and add more time to the process. *sigh*

• July 5 ... I placed order with AT&T on the phone for 2 16GB iPhone 4's with 2 new lines of service. (first time iPhone buyer, new -- actually, coming back -- to ATT after 11 yrs w/ Sprint.)
  • July 7 ... I received and accept the Terms & Conditions agreement... but because of order entry error my order could not be processed.
  • After I make some twitter-gripes I get pinged by AT&T's social media team offering to help.
  • With a couple of exchanges and phone calls, I was assured that my order would be fine -- my order can proceed even with the error/wrong information not needing to be fixed -- and should expect it in 7-14 days.
  • July 12 ... I checked my order status online only to find that there is no record of my order.
  • I called to find out what was up... I explained my story to the AT&T CSR and he took it upon himself to FIX the error/wrong info. Little did I know that this action would cancel my previous order and place a new one, in spite of being assured that my previous order would remain in tact.
  • July 13 ... my credit card was charged for my order.
  • July 15 ... my order status is available online... it says "processing" and is "backordered."
  • July 19 ... an AT&T social media rep voluntarily calls me to connect me to an order rep... she tells me that I should have been told 7-14 BUSINESS days (which I have no recollection being told that, nor reading that in any documentation), and given that my order was placed on July 12 (and NOT July 5), I "should expect delivery by July 29"! (CSR's words)
  • July 19 ... went to physical ATT Store to place an order for 32GB iPhone4 -- intending to return 1 of the 16GB and pay the difference. At this point I am running an "experiment" to see which order will arrive first.
  • July 20 / 9am ... the online order status check shows NO RECORD of my previously existing order -- where'd it go?!!?!?
  • July 20 / 3:30p ... ahhhh... must have been a server glitch b/c I can see my order again.
  • UPDATE: July 22 ... no change for my 2x16GB order... no change on my 32GB order. 

Message 4326 of 4,535
Tutor

Big Dic Cheney - when did you order?

Message 4327 of 4,535

@meetzejt wrote:

Big Dic Cheney - when did you order?

i ordered mine actually pretty recently 7/16, but its just discouraging to see some many people before me have to wait so long Smiley Sad haha  makes me lose hope

Message 4328 of 4,535
Contributor

Yeah, you got screwed! I ordered mine on the 10th and it shipped today via FedEx. I should receive it tomorrow before 3pm.

Message 4329 of 4,535
Teacher

@peteypk wrote:

• UPDATE: July 22 ... no change for my 2x16GB order... no change on my 32GB order. 

w00t! well, at least partially... looks like my second order (placed at ATT Store) just came off backordered status as of about noon-ish 7/22... no ship info yet!

Message 4330 of 4,535
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support