Explore & discover

Helpful Links

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

Teacher

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

my 32gb black iphone 4 STILL says in progress!!! anybody else have this problem??? am i gonna gt my phone tommorow or not??

Message 1 of 4,535
Teacher

Re: iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

Just phoned them, I'll verify this now.

THE REPS KNOW NOTHING MORE THAN WE DO.

They look at the exact same order processing page.  Infact, my rep told me my order may have been cancelled, and it took him ten minutes to verify that no, it had not been cancelled.  He then said I should receive it no later than the 28th, so at least he didn't try to bulls**t me there.  I tried to get him to acknowledge "first come, first serve" was thrown out the window since I ordered at 6:30 A.M. EST, but it didn't happen because he didn't have any idea it was happening.

THE REPS AREN'T LYING, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.

Which means that yes, I bet many of us will wait a few more days.  I bet some of us will have to wait till past the 28th.  And I bet none of us will be given any sort of compensation by AT&T for their failure to organize orders and ship them in the promised order.

To all of you still sitting and refreshing the status, I'd just check it twice a day now, unless you enjoy being disappointed.  I'd also avoid calling unless you want someone to verify that yes, you're stuck on processing.

Message 31 of 4,535
Teacher

agreed topdog9000, I was kind of surprised that the order went through.   I was on the page to process the credit card and the server crashed.   Never was able to get it to go through again on ATT or the Apple site.   I called that day and they had no record of the order.  The next day I got an email saying they needed me to update my card info for the order.  whole thing is weird and it looks like it is now trickled over to the fedex website as well. 

Message 32 of 4,535
Tutor

Ordered 32gb at 7:45am, credit card charged, tracking says back ordered. Called AT&T they just said I should get it before it goes onsale in the stores......awesome

Message 33 of 4,535

YEAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOT TRAKING # FINALLY  i order mine on the 15 around 8:AM and im in southern California well to all those ppl who order on the 15 have PATIENCE PATIENCE AND THE WORD ON THE WEB IS IF U ORDER ON THE 15 U WILL GET UR PHONE BY THE 25

Message 34 of 4,535
Teacher

Just now refreshed the order page and I now have tracking numbers shown, however only for the 16gb and nothing next to the 32gb phone....Still some progress is better than none and hopefully this gives some people some hope. Hopefully mine will get updated and the 32 will ship, I can only hope as that one is mine and the 16gb is my dads

Message 35 of 4,535
Tutor

same here; I have been hitting the refresh button and typing in a Captua code every 30min or so for the past three days- but to no avial.

I ordered my 32GB at 2:33pm EST on 6/15.  Recieved a confirmation, but order is still at 'In Progess'.  My order number is 50516xxxxxx. 

Personally I only went with AT&T as the Apple servers were slammed and crashing; AT&Ts system wasn't much better, but since they are promising 'free overnight shipping' I was expectign to have it on launch day (tomorrow). 

Unless AT&T can pull some magic and I get a delivery notification in the next few hours, it looks like I will be cancelling this order and heading down to the the Apple store where I also reserved one...  (or maybe trying the BestBuy to see if there are any unclaimed ones that I can buy without a contract).

Message 36 of 4,535

@Broo2 wrote:

same here; I have been hitting the refresh button and typing in a Captua code every 30min or so for the past three days- but to no avial.

I ordered my 32GB at 2:33pm EST on 6/15.  Recieved a confirmation, but order is still at 'In Progess'.  My order number is 50516xxxxxx. 

Personally I only went with AT&T as the Apple servers were slammed and crashing; AT&Ts system wasn't much better, but since they are promising 'free overnight shipping' I was expectign to have it on launch day (tomorrow). 

Unless AT&T can pull some magic and I get a delivery notification in the next few hours, it looks like I will be cancelling this order and heading down to the the Apple store where I also reserved one...  (or maybe trying the BestBuy to see if there are any unclaimed ones that I can buy without a contract).

Broo, I'm not sure if AT&T is processing in any order, but my order number was 5015911***, and I just got tracking info at 1pm ET, and a 'shipped' status at 2:30pm ET.  Keep refreshing, you never know, they may get it out to you today.

Message 37 of 4,535
Teacher

I'm in the 505 batch as well. It's not a good number to have right now.

I thought about cancelling, but AT&T has already changed my upgrade date to November 11.  If you march over to Apple in the morning you might find your upgrade date didn't change back and they would expect you to pay full price for it.

Message 38 of 4,535
Tutor

My order # starts with 68048.. and mine still shows "In Progress".. order on 6/15 at around 2:30AM PST..

Date ordered shown is 6/16.. 32GB Black.. no tracking number no nothing..

Am I the only one who thinks AT&T should compensate the people who pre-ordered their phone and will NOT be getting them by tomorrow?..  It's not the customer's fault that AT&T can't keep up their end of the bargain..

I'm still praying I'll receive mine by tmorrow.. but by the look of things.. I'm not that optimistic..

Message 39 of 4,535
Teacher

Same here.  Still processing.  I had an Apple order also but they cancelled it.

Message 40 of 4,535
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support