Explore & discover

Helpful Links

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

Teacher

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

my 32gb black iphone 4 STILL says in progress!!! anybody else have this problem??? am i gonna gt my phone tommorow or not??

Message 1 of 4,535
Teacher

Re: iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

I am also surprised the press hasn't picked up on this story since this is a public forum.  The media loves any news about iPhone, positive or negative.  A boatload of jacked up preorders seems newsworthy.

In ProgressPop up

Message 391 of 4,535
Tutor

Funny, the lady I spoke to yesterday said i'd be getting a call back from her today....no call, yet

Message 392 of 4,535
Tutor

I wonder if I stand in line at the at&t store on the 29th maybe I could get my phone I pre-ordered on the 15th???

Message 393 of 4,535
Tutor

Just spent time on the web looking at reviews of the Droid Incredible. Something to keep me occupied while we wait.

Message 394 of 4,535
Mentor

So, I've had a similar situation to you all. We ordered 2 16g phones.

- Ordered 6/15 @ 8:15am EST (confirmed right away by email)

- Order went and was listed at "attention"

- Called Saturday (19th) and was told that they pushed it through and it should stop saying attention

- Sunday (20th) nothing

- Monday (21st) called in and was told "it looks fine it should update soon and you will get your phone on the 24th because you ordered early on." Talked to Supervisor Sarah.

- Tuesday (22nd) No change to order status, not showing on at&t regular site still. Called, said "it looks ok and should ship out tomorrow for a 24th delivery."

- Wednesday (23rd) No shipping email, getting concerned so I call back. Again "the order looks fine you should receieve it no later than Friday the 25th."

- Thursday (24th) Nothing has updated and there is no email confirmation, not looking good for a friday delivery. I call in and talk to Supervisor SARAH again!! She even recognized me calling. She said that we have totally got the run around on our order and it was NOT processed yet. So she manually put it in and said, "it should go for shipping right away and we would have it no later than Monday the 28th at the very latest." I asked her specifically if that would change our order date to the 24th or would it stay as the 15th. She assured me it will stay at the 15th. I have screen caps of the premier order status which still says we ordered on the 15th.

- Friday (25th) We see an order on the at&t regular site now saying we ordered on the 24th!! Also? It is backordered. Wanna know what else? They charged our credit card! UGH.... We have had nothing but lies from AT&T. Tonight my husband called frustrated and he was told by someone that it was probably sent out USPS and they sent it for a 5-7 day regular delivery... WTH?! First off we gave them a physical address that has no usps delivery. We have a PO Box for that. So it would get returned and we would not even know it. The fact is the CS lied to us tonight outright. It wasn't something he thought we would get it by, it was an outright lie saying they probably sent it usps 5-7 day. I just can't get over this. I've had my number for 15 years through this company and its many name changes over the years.

Since we have no shipping email or number to track I would assume it has not been sent and that means it won't be here by the 28th. I have never had such terrible service. Smiley Sad

Message 395 of 4,535
Teacher

Everyone in the same boat. Order date changed to the day AT&T actually processed the order. Obviously it shows back-ordered. AT&T says first come first served!!

Message 396 of 4,535
Tutor

I'm starting to remember why I switched to Verizon from AT&T.

It's Friday June 25th and...

it's been:

2 days since I was supposed to get my tracking number according to csr #1

1 day since I was supposed to get my 32gb iPhone also csr #1

0 day since I was supposed to get my tracking number according to csr #2

0 day since I was supposed to get a call back from csr #2

-1 day since i was supposed to get my 32 gb iPhone csr #2

And none of the above happened

Hope this doesn't ruin my weekend. Also hope that some of you that have been waiting get your tracking number or at least an honest answer about the status of your order.

Message 397 of 4,535
Tutor

Denson wrote:

So, I've had a similar situation to you all. We ordered 2 16g phones.

- Ordered 6/15 @ 8:15am EST (confirmed right away by email)

- Order went and was listed at "attention"

- Called Saturday (19th) and was told that they pushed it through and it should stop saying attention

- Sunday (20th) nothing

- Monday (21st) called in and was told "it looks fine it should update soon and you will get your phone on the 24th because you ordered early on." Talked to Supervisor Sarah.

- Tuesday (22nd) No change to order status, not showing on at&t regular site still. Called, said "it looks ok and should ship out tomorrow for a 24th delivery."

- Wednesday (23rd) No shipping email, getting concerned so I call back. Again "the order looks fine you should receieve it no later than Friday the 25th."

- Thursday (24th) Nothing has updated and there is no email confirmation, not looking good for a friday delivery. I call in and talk to Supervisor SARAH again!! She even recognized me calling. She said that we have totally got the run around on our order and it was NOT processed yet. So she manually put it in and said, "it should go for shipping right away and we would have it no later than Monday the 28th at the very latest." I asked her specifically if that would change our order date to the 24th or would it stay as the 15th. She assured me it will stay at the 15th. I have screen caps of the premier order status which still says we ordered on the 15th.

- Friday (25th) We see an order on the at&t regular site now saying we ordered on the 24th!! Also? It is backordered. Wanna know what else? They charged our credit card! UGH.... We have had nothing but lies from AT&T. Tonight my husband called frustrated and he was told by someone that it was probably sent out USPS and they sent it for a 5-7 day regular delivery... WTH?! First off we gave them a physical address that has no usps delivery. We have a PO Box for that. So it would get returned and we would not even know it. The fact is the CS lied to us tonight outright. It wasn't something he thought we would get it by, it was an outright lie saying they probably sent it usps 5-7 day. I just can't get over this. I've had my number for 15 years through this company and its many name changes over the years.

Since we have no shipping email or number to track I would assume it has not been sent and that means it won't be here by the 28th. I have never had such terrible service. Smiley Sad

I hear 'ya. I am calling everyday myself.   But right now, I am just tired.  I believe they can change the delivery option to overnight and they should not charge you for it. My experience from Premier is that they ship on Saturdays for Monday delivery.

Message 398 of 4,535
Mentor

Your problem is not with att it's with the 27,000 iPhones 4's on EBAY for sale by speculators that took them out of the hands of people who want them honestly.  That's right 27,000+ for sale.  Check it out.

Message 399 of 4,535
Mentor

bcm5 wrote:

I hear 'ya. I am calling everyday myself.   But right now, I am just tired.  I believe they can change the delivery option to overnight and they should not charge you for it. My experience from Premier is that they ship on Saturdays for Monday delivery.

I hope so!!!!!!!

Message 400 of 4,535
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support