Explore & discover

Helpful Links

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

Teacher

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

my 32gb black iphone 4 STILL says in progress!!! anybody else have this problem??? am i gonna gt my phone tommorow or not??

Message 1 of 4,535

Re: iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

when did you buy your iphone?

Message 4511 of 4,535
Scholar

Me? I bought mine at at&t on the 21st.

Message 4512 of 4,535

Finally! i ordered on july 9th and it shows i just came off back order saturday the 31st......it took them 22 days to ship my iphone!!!!!!!!

Message 4513 of 4,535
Voyager

If you cancel and go to Apple, activate your account with a temporary number IF your own number doesn't port to ATT.

I ordered on the 23rd and I was on B/O as of Friday.  After reading your comments (thank you, by the way) I figured I wouldn't see my phone for another week or two.

I called ATT and asked to cancel, they said I had to call the store where I placed the order.  Called the store, store said I had to come in to cancel.  Came in, store wouldn't let me cancel (said I was in progress).  I said fine, I'll just wait here until you figure out a way to do it...well, they figured out a way to do it Smiley Wink.

I asked if I had to wait before I went to Apple to buy the phone.  They said no, that it would show up as I had not even ordered a phone.  Wrong!  Apple could not port my phone as they kept getting the porting in progress/already porting message.  Called ATT, said they would clear it up.  Drove back to Apple, tried to activate again, same message.  Called ATT,  and they said it was showing as eligible, no problem!  Drove back down to Apple, tried to activate and same message showed up again. Called ATT, they said to activate with a temporary number, then to call back and change it to the number you really want.  Success!!  This was an all day affair and only took about 7 hours to complete.  I now have my iphone, but man, I worked for it.  So, I hope my little fiasco will help anyone who has the same problem.

1-800 was very nice and all, but just couldn't get anything to work quite right.  Now I have to get the bumper. Apple said 3-5 week delay in getting orders out.  Called ATT store, out of stock...I think I'll stop before I take another 7 hours off my life and just wait for the bumper to come in.  

Message 4514 of 4,535
Highlighted
Teacher

yay my iphone 4 16 gb got shippped 2day this morning through fedex ..do any know if i will get it tommorrow or not?

Message 4515 of 4,535
Contributor

How long after your phone came off the back order did you get a shipment tracking number?

Message 4516 of 4,535
Teacher

8 DAYS..NOT INCLUDING SATURDAY And sunday..since its not a buisness day and i orderd on the 21 and yes i got my shippin info this moring

Message 4517 of 4,535
Teacher

how long does it take to get the phone through fed ex? dey shipped it yesterday and on my status it said it should be here 2morrow but att cs service i should look out 4 it today.. but dont fedex ship over night..so witch is it 2day or 2morrow? had any1 had that be4 when it said it said u was goin 2 recieve it 2days but got it a day be4 through fedex?

Message 4518 of 4,535
Tutor

@coco bella wrote:

how long does it take to get the phone through fed ex? dey shipped it yesterday and on my status it said it should be here 2morrow but att cs service i should look out 4 it today.. but dont fedex ship over night..so witch is it 2day or 2morrow? had any1 had that be4 when it said it said u was goin 2 recieve it 2days but got it a day be4 through fedex?

Hey man I think FedEx is overnight and UPS is 2 day air... I'm not sure though. And if I'm right then yes, you should be getting your phone today. Congratulations!

Message 4519 of 4,535
Mentor

7/21er finally off BO. If anyone ordered through Premier like me, I feel for you. They are slower than the already sloth-like at&t site.

Message 4520 of 4,535
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support