Helpful Links

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

Teacher

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

my 32gb black iphone 4 STILL says in progress!!! anybody else have this problem??? am i gonna gt my phone tommorow or not??

Message 1 of 4,535
Teacher

Re: iphone 4 pre order still "in progress

what comments? i ordered on the 17th to and i was thinking we would get off BO about the 30th.

Message 4371 of 4,535

I was using the timeline based on this earlier comment...

Folks if you would read the other threads you would find out all the answers.. Right now it's taking 12-13 days from the day you ordered. Depending on what shipping you get overnight or 2nd day.  The phones will start coming off back order 10 days after order, around 10pm.  They will ship out that next afternoon. You will get a shipping email the morning of the 11th day. This is what's happening with 95% of the orders.  Some 32g are being shipped faster are random. But 95% of you will have your phone 12-13 days after you order. Just be patient.

So based on this I was thinking:

7/17 (ordered in store)

7/28 (shipping email on the 11th day)

7/29-30 (receive phone)

Of course this is all probably wishful thinking!

Message 4372 of 4,535

Live in NJ! The facts are not true about the above statement! This is the 13th day of waiting for me! Its getting trying playing the waiting game! If something isnt done with this than Ill cancel it! Jobs is just worried about the 17 countries that he is branching out too and not worried about our country who has a ton of backorders!!! Apple good luck with this phone this year!!!

Message 4373 of 4,535

Did you order from a store or online?

I was thinking the same thing you mentioned above about Job's expanding distribution of iphone 4 to Japan, Australia, etc., when they can't even distribute the product properly in the US!

Message 4374 of 4,535

I ordered in the store! Ive been thinking thats been the big problem with these ipnones! Trying to bring it to 17 different countries!!! Lets worry about one at a time! Im just saying!!! I ve been through the run around this weekend! I called and went to the store.. Just been told we get iphone 4's in everyday!I went and said than why am i still on backorder!!! Called just 20 mintues...let the guy go on and say It takes 7-10 days to get the phone in. I went and said ummm yea its day 13 for me with no shipping and still on backorder explain that one to me...

Message 4375 of 4,535
Highlighted
Mentor

AT&T has gone above and beyond the call of duty today for me.

My tragic story of missing iPhone 4 32GB started on July 19 when it said delivered, but I was home all day and no sign of the package.

I waited to call until July 21 to see maybe if FedEx was just being lazy, man was I incorrect.

No package by July 21, and 2 days after estimated delivery date and I filed a claim with the AT&T eCOM department.

I was told the phone line is being temporarily suspended so no one can use the new line, and that a call in 4 days will yield an answer.

So I do as I am told and call on July 24 for an update and the most terrible of all news is given to me, "Sorry, but no one ever said anything in the notes to call FedEx for a "package trace" and with out this final step being completed a refund or resend can not be done."

Yes you read the above correctly they forgot to try and find out what happened on FedEx's end and thanks to me calling in to check they did just that and called FedEx on Friday July 24 and set up a "trace."

I was told with a promise that Monday July 26 will be the day I find out what the next step is, and very polity I agreed to wait again.

So today I gave them a call around 12:40pm and by 1:50pm all resolved the solution being a resend of the iPhone 4 32GB.

Fantastic can not be more satisfied, they really did the right thing! I am using my grandmothers iPhone 4 16GB until my 32GB device arrives.

I ordered a total of 2 32GB's and am waiting for them. Have 2 16GB iPhone 4's since day 1, and can not wait to get the devices that are in my name!

In Progress below is the resend for the never received God knows where iPhone 4.

Order Number: 5056XXXXXXX-X
Date Ordered: 07/26/10

Various SIM

In Progress

FREIGHT

In Progress

Apple IPH 4 32GB BLK PHONE

In Progress

-
-
And this one below is one I have ordered through a sales rep from AT&T.
-
-
This one below just came off backorder today!
-
-
Order Number: 11041XXXXXXXXX
Date Ordered: 07/21/10

Apple IPH 4 32GB BLK PHONE

In Progress

Superior IPH4 ACCESSORY

In Progress

Various SIM

In Progress

FREIGHT

In Progress

-
-
-
God Bless You AT&T this is just GREAT!
Message 4376 of 4,535
Teacher

Re: iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

i ordered my iphone 4 in at&t store at 10am on 7/13 and it is finallyyy  off BO waiting for the shipment tracking number.. I'm in Connecticut it wasnt a long wait if u ask me

Message 4377 of 4,535
Contributor

What's up man yea i order mines on the 13th and it just got off back order this morning. So it should be arriving by the end of the week

Message 4378 of 4,535
Teacher

my 32GB order arrived at AT&T Store (ordered 7/19)… went to pick it up but could not walk out of the store with it lest my previous 2x16GB order get cancelled!!!! 

BACKGROUND: I placed 2 seperate orders... 1 for 2x16GBs and 1 for 1x32GB.

I had ordered 2x16GB iP4s via phone on 7/5 -- one for me, one for my wife. Screw-ups on ATT's end cancelled my order and re-placed it on 7/13.  While continuing to wait for order to get off backorder, I decided to go for the 32GB device instead and return one of the 16GBs when the order arrives -- I ordered the 32GB from ATT Store on 7/19. It arrived on 7/26.

I figured that both orders would arrive about the same time given how long I've been waiting for the 2x16GBs...

The super-nice and cool store CSR informed me that because I have a pending order (7/13) tied to the number I am porting over, if I were to activate my new 32GB, then he’d have to cancel the 2x16GB order (as of today, that order is STILL backordered). What’s more, I cannot walk out of the store w/ the 32GB device because I paid for the “subsidized” $299 price point for a 2-year contract… and I can’t initiate a 2-year contract with out canceling the 2x16GB order! 

CSR said he’ll hold my device until I receive the 2x16GBs. 

I’m stuck… and so, I wait… again… 

Message 4379 of 4,535
Tutor

I ordered 7/14 and am still on BO.....this sucks....sold my 3g and am using sucky crapberry.....hope they get me off bo tomarrow....

Message 4380 of 4,535
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support