iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

Teacher

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

my 32gb black iphone 4 STILL says in progress!!! anybody else have this problem??? am i gonna gt my phone tommorow or not??

Message 1 of 4,535
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

For everyone panicing about paying for the phone with a debit card:

At&T can only hold the money for 5 days.  After 5 days, it is dropped from a pending charge.  As long as the money is in your account, and your order still says "In Progress" you are fine.  AT&T will charge your account again for the phone when it is shipped.  It was just their way of making sure that you had the money and to go ahead with the order.  They wouldn't waste their time trying to process your order if you didn't have the funds available. 

Message 3706 of 4,535
Mentor

ugh!! ordered 7/6 and REALLY expected to be off BO late yesterday or today. It certainly doesnt appear, as previously speculated that the orders are going out faster now, than for the ones that ordered late June early July. C'mon ATT!!

Message 3707 of 4,535

Sorry if I've missed this info in the >3700 posts here....  Smiley Happy

Does anyone know if order status is ever updated during the day or is it only overnight so that changes are reflected in the mornings?

TIA!

Message 3708 of 4,535
Tutor

lol me 2. This is driving me insane my whole live is just on the computer now stalking it.

Message 3709 of 4,535
Scholar

romanlx wrote:

Do you know that you can completely pay off your credit card every month and avoid paying interest getting rewards/cashback at the same time, don't you?

LOL then thats the same thing as a debit card...what's the point?  To earn  points?  to me thats pointless.

Message 3710 of 4,535
Mentor

FuzzyDicePHL wrote:

Sorry if I've missed this info in the >3700 posts here....  Smiley Happy

Does anyone know if order status is ever updated during the day or is it only overnight so that changes are reflected in the mornings?

TIA!

It updates whenever they get to your order Smiley Happy

Message 3711 of 4,535
Scholar

tocheeba wrote:

You do understand you can have a credit card AND be RESPONSIBLE? I have 2 credit cards. Both have a $0 balance. I bought my iPhone 4 on it, which I have cash for, and after I get my phone, I'll just pay the card off. Not that hard.

People can use credit cards, get points, reap the benefits, and still keep a $0 balance. It's called being responsible. I have $0 in interest if I pay my card off in full every month. Not my fault people buy stuff they can't afford.

I have a debit card which I use ocassionally, but I charge everything on my CC - dinner, gas, phones, utilities, etc...and pay it all off in cash. Heck...sometimes I charge something, and pay it off the next day via the website. I get at LEAST $50 cash back every couple of months from points, and hey - if I break my iPhone 4 or it gets stolen/lost within the first 90 days, American Express will buy me a new one. Oh yeah - and they double my warranty - so I'll have 2 years manufacturer warranty, which saves me from buying the $70 applecare.

And because it's on my $0 balance, $0 interest credit card...I'm not having to worry about AT&T taking cash out of my account, canceling my order, losing my order, and being out $320.

Credit card companies aren't scams. My CC company hates me because they get NOTHING from me - I don't pay any interest...yet they will pay me cash rewards from point redemptions. People scam themselves by charging things they can't afford. It's not like I'm some old geezer either - I'm 25, live in my own place, have $0 in CC debit, car loan paid off. I'm responsible with my money.

kudos to you...i believe in living in extremes...i am a crazy wild hot blooded cuban 34 year old woman...a professional photographer and a total lover of life and i personally cannot be trusted with money.  I know me.  I like shiny things.  I definitely love technology...(the new shiny thing of this era.)  I've played that pay after a month game...and they try to get you like that also.   I am done with givng credit cards my time.  That's good you can do it...I've got no time nor patience to be remembering to pay off something i bought a month ago...  so different strokes for different folks Smiley Happy

Message 3712 of 4,535
Contributor

hikergirl wrote:

romanlx wrote:

Do you know that you can completely pay off your credit card every month and avoid paying interest getting rewards/cashback at the same time, don't you?

LOL then thats the same thing as a debit card...what's the point?  To earn  points?  to me thats pointless.

I actually just got a check for $800 from Capital One for cashing in points earned on my card....

Message 3713 of 4,535
Explorer

Well, as others added, you could get cashback, extended warranties and fraud protection when using credit cards against debit cards, but of course at the end it's up to each person. I personally have two credit cards and have never paid a cent of interest while getting all of the benefits.

Message 3714 of 4,535
Teacher

hikergirl wrote:

romanlx wrote:

how is earning points pointless? here is why i benefit from a credit card VS debit:

-Double manufacturer warranty automatically.

-90 days accidental damage/theft protection automatically. Break my phone, lose my phone, new one for free.

-Fraudulent charge? Lost phone? Unsatisfactory service? Dispute. My cash isn't tied up.

-I get about $50 cash back every 2 months from points.

I guess if you don't like $50 cash for free every 2 months, or any other benefits listed above...then have fun with your debit card. I use a debit card for small purchases from fast food places, or 7/11, etc...but majority is on my credit card because I enjoy all of those benefits with ZERO INTEREST. So to me, it's the same as a debit card - I just pay it off with my checking account whenever I feel like though. I just get lots of extra benefits.

To each his own I guess - but I'll enjoy my 90 days coverage, free additional year of Apple warranty, and I'll use the $65 I just got from points to buy some accessories for my phone Smiley Happy

I guess most people are irresponsible and can't use a credit card without buying junk they don't need. I have a friend that charged his CAR so he could have the title. he just lost his job, and can't afford his mortgage...but he just bought an iPhone 4. People like him are the reason for the credit problems we face in America.

So for those of you that CANT control yourself - I applaud you in doing the right thing and not using credit cards. I just see a lot of benefits that credit cards offer, at no additional costs to me as long as I pay off the card monthly. I usually don't even pay once a month - I tend to pay off the charge 1-2 days after.

Message 3715 of 4,535
Mentor

this forum has gotten so off topic, so many times, haha, let's try to keep it on the topic of iPhone 4 or at least throw the word in somewhere in your post so the moderator doesn't shut this topic down because it is the place to find the most information. Ordered 7/9, still on back order! Thinking it will prob get here on monday!!

Message 3716 of 4,535
Teacher

t.slatzer wrote:

this forum has gotten so off topic, so many times, haha, let's try to keep it on the topic of iPhone 4 or at least throw the word in somewhere in your post so the moderator doesn't shut this topic down because it is the place to find the most information. Ordered 7/9, still on back order! Thinking it will prob get here on monday!!

True. I ordered 7/12, so I'll be here for a while Smiley Happy I got a 32GB though, so I was hoping to get it by this weekend but I'm guessing not.

Does anyone know if FedEx delivers on Saturdays? I don't believe so...so it would have to ship by tomorrow for me to get it, which won't happen because it's still on backorder Smiley Sad

Message 3717 of 4,535
Mentor

Lol! Same here. Ordered on 7/9. Last time I checked I was still on back order although the money back in my account. Sitting in class with my fingers crossed hoping for the best.

Message 3718 of 4,535
Mentor

tocheeba wrote:

t.slatzer wrote:

True. I ordered 7/12, so I'll be here for a while Smiley Happy I got a 32GB though, so I was hoping to get it by this weekend but I'm guessing not.

Does anyone know if FedEx delivers on Saturdays? I don't believe so...so it would have to ship by tomorrow for me to get it, which won't happen because it's still on backorder Smiley Sad

no sadly they dont deliver on saturdays, from what i have read. i believe your phone can be 'in transit' and moved around on a saturday, but not delivered.

Message 3719 of 4,535
Teacher

hikergirl wrote:

tocheeba wrote:

What I don't get is why people don't use credit cards. If something goes wrong, you're not out the cash. If your phone gets stolen or lost, you just dispute the charge. Depending on the card (american express does at least - i know some visa/mc cards do the same), you double your warranty and get theft/accidental damage protection as well.

I love seeing people complain about their phone being "lost" or "stolen" iPhone launches always get messed up, so why front $200-$300 cash for something you're not physically getting in your hands that moment? I don't care if I order something for $20 from amazon - everything I order is on a CC, so I can dispute it if something is wrong, and I'm not out the cash. I also get some pretty sweet point rewards Smiley Happy

well because credit cards are a problem.  they are what got the nation in a banking crisis.  do the words "paying for things you cant afford without having money for them first" make sense  or paying intrest out of your { word filter evasion }  ring a bell?  I used a debit card because i dont use lent out money.  the money i have is the money i use and i budget myself accordingly.  It makes for a much smarter sense of saving and in the end there are no surprises.  I think debit cards are a way smarter alternative to the old credit card and make alot more sense.  Sure you can have whatever you want whenever you want it but when you see a huge bill you have to pay for years to come it makes me cringe.  I am sure all of us with debit cards went through the credit card scam only to see the light and go to debit cards.  Now if there isn't enough money I CAN'T BUY IT.  PERIOD.  No hassle. 

stop blaming the banks and put the blame where it should be.  THE IRRESPONSIBLE ADULTS WHO OPEN CREDIT CARDS AND CHARGE MORE THAN THEY CAN AFFORD.  no one forced these people to open a CC and charge against them.  and then they get the big bill and blame the bank.  come on....  i especially love this comment "do the words "paying for things you cant afford without having money for them first make sense".  how about this...DONT CHARGE THINGS YOU CAN'T AFFORD IN THE FIRST PLACE!  blame yourself for not being a responsible adult and do not put the blame on credit cards for being the reason for the "nations banking crisis". 

Message 3720 of 4,535
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support