iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

Teacher

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

my 32gb black iphone 4 STILL says in progress!!! anybody else have this problem??? am i gonna gt my phone tommorow or not??

Message 1 of 4,535
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

I wonder if there is any rationale at all to the process, but once you finally get the device, it is nice. Ours showed up yesterday, and activated without issue.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2686 of 4,535
Scholar

eastwood_22 wrote:

my girlfriend ordered her phone (july 6th) and got it delivered to our apartment in less than 48 hours from the time she ordered.  I ordered mine the day before she did from same computer to be delivered to same address and mine is still on backorder.I,m glad she got hers so quick, but how is this possible? How many more people who we arent hearing about because they arent complaining cuz they qot their phone in a few short days are actually skipping us.  Especially for the people who ordered way before I did, it is mind blowing.

yes seems like your gf made it through luck! we all know that we will get our devices its just really really aggravating when people who placed their ordered ahead of us get their devices rather than servicing us. I mean its like skipping in line while you wait for something.. you know that they were behind the line but somehow they ended up getting in front of everyone and getting their devices first .. 

Message 2687 of 4,535
Mentor

Credit Card hold just got dropped off. Regular routine of theirs haha....Will keep you guys updated. 

Premier ordered on 7/3/10

Model 16GB

Message 2688 of 4,535
Scholar

parth6512 wrote:

Credit Card hold just got dropped off. Regular routine of theirs haha....Will keep you guys updated. 

Premier ordered on 7/3/10

Model 16GB

welll seems like ur getting closer =D

Message 2689 of 4,535
Explorer

I just went to my local ATT store to see what they had to say. The lady there was obviously just making stuff up. She said that all instore orders would be filled before any orders placed online She said that even though I ( and a lot of other people) have been waiting since 7/2 (or before) since I ordered online it will be at least 2 more weeks. She said it would probably be around the first of August when I got my phone. Then she tryed to sell me a gophone (because my phone is broken) I laughed at her and left.

Message 2690 of 4,535
Teacher

Yeah, from reading some of the more recent posts... and seeing the "virtual randomness" that is going on in fulfilling the orders... it's a bit goofy... my patience hasn't worn thin or anything, at this point, but... y'know... being told at the store, "We're getting them in two or three days," to this goofiness... dunno... I'll just be glad to get it when I (finally) get it.

Message 2691 of 4,535
Scholar

kelmarlyn wrote:

I just went to my local ATT store to see what they had to say. The lady there was obviously just making stuff up. She said that all instore orders would be filled before any orders placed online She said that even though I ( and a lot of other people) have been waiting since 7/2 (or before) since I ordered online it will be at least 2 more weeks. She said it would probably be around the first of August when I got my phone. Then she tryed to sell me a gophone (because my phone is broken) I laughed at her and left.

haha till august? no way she can even know.. you have to talk to someone that works for the warehouse.. well seems like we should have ordered to the store 0.o

Message 2692 of 4,535
Teacher

There are many in the other thread that have ordered 32GB ones 7/6 and 7/7 and already have them off backorder. Sounds like a slight supply issue on the 16GB. Smiley Mad Oh well. I am still hopeful for next week.

Message 2693 of 4,535
Tutor

Same thing happened with me. The hold was dropped from my debit card.

Ordered on 7/3

Message 2694 of 4,535
Mentor

Just got the FEDEX tracking number, Ft. Worth Texas...scheduled delivery to my AT&T store on Monday by 3 PM.  Seems like there's more 32 GB'ers in inventory and that's part of the reason things are going so quickly for those orders.
-Tim

tsdevine wrote:

7/5 order (around 10:15 AM) for a 32, in store upgrade went to 0 on backorder somewhere between 11 PM and 1:15 AM Eastern time.  

Message 2695 of 4,535
Scholar

tsdevine wrote:

Just got the FEDEX tracking number, Ft. Worth Texas...scheduled delivery to my AT&T store on Monday by 3 PM.  Seems like there's more 32 GB'ers in inventory and that's part of the reason things are going so quickly for those orders.
-Tim

tsdevine wrote:

7/5 order (around 10:15 AM) for a 32, in store upgrade went to 0 on backorder somewhere between 11 PM and 1:15 AM Eastern time.  

Congrats.. i should have ordered instore.. maybe they would have supplied me first..

Message 2696 of 4,535
Mentor

First time I ever ordered in store.  Always have gone through Premier.  I'm going on vacation soon and was worried they'd ship to my home when I was away.  So I rolled the dice going through an AT&T rep for our company that works out of a local store.  I don't think they did anything special with that order...came through like any other store order I believe.

Hope they keep pumping them out so everyone can get them reasonably quickly.  Seems like we're ahead of the game vs. those that are buying through Apple.  (Although I haven't been keeping that close an eye on how they are doing.)

-Tim

Message 2697 of 4,535
Teacher

I was busy last night and hoped when I checked this morning I would be off of backorder...no such luck.

Just for reference: 2 16gbs ordered on 7/1 through AT&T online, new customer.

Message 2698 of 4,535
Scholar

ohmyblazes wrote:

I was busy last night and hoped when I checked this morning I would be off of backorder...no such luck.

you are in the same boat as i am.. .i ordered in california and at 6pm

Message 2699 of 4,535
Mentor

Saberkilz wrote:

ohmyblazes wrote:

you are in the same boat as i am.. .i ordered in california and at 6pm

welcome to the club oh my blazes...Im the same as well but I called my order in.   I came off back order some time in the middle of the night

Message 2700 of 4,535
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support