iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

Teacher

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

my 32gb black iphone 4 STILL says in progress!!! anybody else have this problem??? am i gonna gt my phone tommorow or not??

Message 1 of 4,535
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

I have no idea. I didn't mean to line jump. I just wanted to get the order in now so in a couple weeks I'd have the devices. I'm a new customer, ordered via Premier (corporate discount) on the web site. Might be a different pile?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1996 of 4,535
Scholar

johninsj wrote:
I have no idea. I didn't mean to line jump. I just wanted to get the order in now so in a couple weeks I'd have the devices. I'm a new customer, ordered via Premier (corporate discount) on the web site. Might be a different pile?

Ordered through Premier too (july 1) but not as a new customer.. just as an upgrade... maybe new customers get prioritize? ... oh and im not blaming anything on you

Message 1997 of 4,535
Mentor

If you have been waiting since June 15 wow I feel bad for you. Apple does say 3 week max wait with them, but June 15 now that is crazy!

I got my first iPhone 4 through a lucky Apple Store preorder and 5 hour wait starting at 5am.

I know it sucks for the people who are still wating and reading about the lucky few who are getting the devices early.

I think calling ATT often helped me secure an early shipment, I made it clear to ATT reps. at the online warehouse number that I do not want to wait over 2 weeks because Apple Stores promise 3 weeks max!

Maybe that will help call the order status number and keep getting them to check your order manually, I am sure, but not certain this is why I was able to get out of the backordered.

Still no shipping info so  I am not in the clear either.

Good luck everyone else!

Message 1998 of 4,535
Teacher

Woohoo! Mine's shipped!

7/1 Ordered 16gb in store

7/6 Off backorder

7/7 Shipped at 4:14pm

7/8 Expected delivery by 4:30pm

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1999 of 4,535
Mentor

Jul 7, 2010 5:43 PM   Departed FedEx location   INDIANAPOLIS, IN

So...my package just left Indianapolis at 2:43PM EST.  Seeing as I'm in the west coast, what the heez?

It's past 3.  How often is FedEx late?

Message 2000 of 4,535
Tutor

Ordered ip4 16g July 1@ 13:24 from AT&T page. Went off back order yesterday evening and has been in "processing" all day. I thought this interesting. My sister, who lives in Illinois ordered hers June 29th from AT&T page and received hers yesterday but she said she never got an email it had been shipped, the status page still shows "processing" and her credit card was not charged until today. The one constant in this whole process is that nothing is. 

Message 2001 of 4,535
Tutor

So in estimate if I ordered my iphone 4 on premier on the 11th when do you think I should expect it..the att guy said anywhere from 8 to 10 days..how do you get preordered through Apple? I live in SO CAL

Message 2002 of 4,535
Mentor

SCgal57 wrote:

Ordered ip4 16g July 1@ 13:24 from AT&T page. Went off back order yesterday evening and has been in "processing" all day. I thought this interesting. My sister, who lives in Illinois ordered hers June 29th from AT&T page and received hers yesterday but she said she never got an email it had been shipped, the status page still shows "processing" and her credit card was not charged until today. The one constant in this whole process is that nothing is. 

I thought something like that would happen also.....I would be sitting here hanging on that status update with backorder like a crazy person then the door bell would ring and poof.   I assume if everything else they are doing is a mess who is to say the status page isnt messed up too.    Wishful thinking I guess

Message 2003 of 4,535
Contributor

swank wrote:

So...my package just left Indianapolis at 2:43PM EST.  Seeing as I'm in the west coast, what the heez?

Looks like we're in the same boat. My "overnight" package left Fort Worth at 6:00 AM on the 6th with a delivery time of July 7th by 3:00 PM. It arrived in Memphis 11:27 AM today and stayed there until 4:37 PM. I guess I'm getting it tomorrow.

Message 2004 of 4,535
Tutor

Yes, wishing is all we can do. It's really funny when you stop and think about it, it's it? Grown people acting like 5 year olds during the holidays. It's what keeps us young I guess but our toys are sure a lot more expensive. 

Message 2005 of 4,535
Scholar

no change in mine Smiley Sad

Message 2006 of 4,535
Mentor

When I had said I had preordered through Apple and waited 5 hours on line that was launch day via june 15 online preorder!

Right now I am waiting for my second iphone 4 that i ordered online from att.com on July 1.

Order Number: 5055xxxxxxx
Date Ordered: 07/01/10

Various SIM

In Progress

FREIGHT

In Progress

Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONE

In Progress

Message 2007 of 4,535
Teacher

CBDebow wrote:

So in estimate if I ordered my iphone 4 on premier on the 11th when do you think I should expect it..the att guy said anywhere from 8 to 10 days..how do you get preordered through Apple? I live in SO CAL

I'm assuming the 11th is a typo? When did you order the phone?

Message 2008 of 4,535
Mentor

lavar78 wrote:

swank wrote:

Looks like we're in the same boat. My "overnight" package left Fort Worth at 6:00 AM on the 6th with a delivery time of July 7th by 3:00 PM. It arrived in Memphis 11:27 AM today and stayed there until 4:37 PM. I guess I'm getting it tomorrow.

Did some googling and found this:

Feb 6, 2007 
7:55 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery  TACOMA, WA
7:24 AM At local FedEx facility  TACOMA, WA
5:50 AM At dest sort facility  SEATTLE, WA
4:31 AM Departed FedEx location  INDIANAPOLIS, IN
2:36 AM Int'l shipment release  INDIANAPOLIS, IN
2:03 AM Arrived at FedEx location  INDIANAPOLIS, IN 
Feb 5, 2007
1:52 PM Departed FedEx location  ANCHORAGE, AK
12:49 PM Arrived at FedEx location  ANCHORAGE, AK
11:04 AM Left origin  SHANGHAI, CN
10:46 AM Picked up  SHANGHAI, CN 
Feb 4, 2007 

4:53 AM Package data transmitted to FedEx

Indianapolis to Seattle in 1.5 hours?  Maybe it can still get here today LOL

Message 2009 of 4,535
Mentor

swank wrote:

lavar78 wrote:

swank wrote:

Did some googling and found this:

Feb 6, 2007 
7:55 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery  TACOMA, WA
7:24 AM At local FedEx facility  TACOMA, WA
5:50 AM At dest sort facility  SEATTLE, WA
4:31 AM Departed FedEx location  INDIANAPOLIS, IN
2:36 AM Int'l shipment release  INDIANAPOLIS, IN
2:03 AM Arrived at FedEx location  INDIANAPOLIS, IN 
Feb 5, 2007
1:52 PM Departed FedEx location  ANCHORAGE, AK
12:49 PM Arrived at FedEx location  ANCHORAGE, AK
11:04 AM Left origin  SHANGHAI, CN
10:46 AM Picked up  SHANGHAI, CN 
Feb 4, 2007 

4:53 AM Package data transmitted to FedEx

Indianapolis to Seattle in 1.5 hours?  Maybe it can still get here today LOL

Im sure thats the local times.....travel time + crossing time zones.   If you knew that and were just being sarcastic ...my bad

Message 2010 of 4,535
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support