Helpful Links

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

Teacher

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

my 32gb black iphone 4 STILL says in progress!!! anybody else have this problem??? am i gonna gt my phone tommorow or not??

Message 1 of 4,535
Teacher

Re: iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

what do you mean by again?

Message 281 of 4,535
Highlighted
Teacher

Well, the first time it had that "authorized" charge which just put a hold on the account, but now an actual charge was put through the account for 323.99, so im guessing my phone should ship soon, considering they said multiple times they would only chage once the phone has shipped

Message 282 of 4,535
Mentor

I still haven't had any charge on my card..... hoping that isn't a bad sign Smiley Sad

Message 283 of 4,535
Tutor

I pre-ordered in my local AT&T store on June 15th and STILL no tracking number...still "In Progress".  Some good news is that my SIM card was listed as backordered for the past week on my order status page and now that column reads 0.  I also had another authorization for the iPhone come through on my debit card this morning so I'm hopeful that means my iPhone 4 is shipping today...however I'm not going to hold my breath.  I am so mad that I pre-ordered, especially through AT&T.  There are people out there who didn't have to deal with this stress that already have their iPhone 4.  However, I can guarantee you that I WILL have an iPhone 4 on Tuesday morning if my pre-order doesn't ship today.  At 7am, I will walk up to the front of the line at my AT&T Store, say I'm still waiting on my pre-order (which AT&T publicly stated they would fulfill BEFORE selling a unit to someone walking in off the street) and tell them to give me a phone and they can keep my pre-ordered one as soon as they get it.  LOL!  I have had every iPhone that has been released and I've seriously thought about aborting this time.  This has been a horrific experience and I really hate the way AT&T and Apple have handled this entire situation.

Message 284 of 4,535
Teacher

I just got off the phone with a CSR, and he has been the most up-front person I've talked to from AT&T so far.

I started off by just telling him that I know they are swamped and that I know they are getting orders out as fast as possible and I'm not calling to complain, that I just had a related question.

I asked if I had not received my iPhone by the time they went on sale the 29th, could I buy one at the AT&T store and just cancel my pre-order to which he responded maybe, it just depends on how far along your order is, but that he doubts that they would let me cancel (but also that I was welcome to call and try).

He then told me that if I wasn't able to cancel, since I was getting a new line, that I could buy the phone on the morning of the 29th and whenever I received my pre-ordered phone, I could just bring it in to an AT&T store and return it and get refunded my order.  He also told me to try going in to the store that I want to buy the phone from on the 29th and they might even save me one if I explain my situation.

He then asked if, by any chance, I was waiting on a 32 GB, and I told him that I was, and he responded by telling me that was the problem.  That they had run out of 32 GB iPhone 4's and that is what has me waiting.  He did state that they received a shipment of more phones yesterday, and that they would be processing orders from that batch starting today, so my phone MIGHT go out today.  If it doesn't, they get more shipments on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and that they typically start processing orders from those shipments the next day...

So, for what it is worth, that is what I just got from the CSR that I talked to.

Message 285 of 4,535
Teacher

good info jperry thanks

Message 286 of 4,535
Tutor

as far as canceling your order is concerned ..... you get 30 days to decide if you even want the phone.  you can return it and cancel your contract within that 30 days. 

so, if you find a phone available someplace ... there's no question at all that you can purchase it.  then all you have to do is refuse the shipment from UPS/Fedex when it shows up.  If they've already charged you, it may take a billing cycle for them to refund your money, but it's not a question of whether or not you're allowed to purchase one in-the-wild.  You most definitely can.  

Message 287 of 4,535

I don't know if i believe that they received another shipment in. It's 1pm and I would think that they would have to be shipped soon for us to receive them. If they aren't shipped today, then the earliest we would get them is the 29th.

Message 288 of 4,535
Mentor

The CSR I spoke to this morning said I could cancel my order right now because it hasn't shipped.  Is this not correct?  Mine is in progress and backordered.  This time last week they were more than happy to cancel it for me when amex declined a mysterious $1.00 charge...

Message 289 of 4,535
Mentor

jsmithotterbein wrote:

I don't know if i believe that they received another shipment in. It's 1pm and I would think that they would have to be shipped soon for us to receive them. If they aren't shipped today, then the earliest we would get them is the 29th.

Not sure how shipping works at a corporate level but it seems that MOST of the people who got their tracking info, got it in the evening.

Message 290 of 4,535
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support