iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

Teacher

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

my 32gb black iphone 4 STILL says in progress!!! anybody else have this problem??? am i gonna gt my phone tommorow or not??

Message 1 of 4,535

Re: iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

I was told by CS that they might arrive by mid next week, and others are being told it's being shipped today.

Message 271 of 4,535
Teacher

Still nothing today. Everything they have told me has turned out to be false. What is the point of pre-ordering?

Message 272 of 4,535
Tutor

Re: This is just ridiculous... I hate being told what I wanna hear when its a lie.

StoutFiles wrote:

The 5051XXXXXX orders are being shipped.  I got my 32 GB on the 24th, my tracking number didn't appear till 7 pm the previous night.

I feel for everyone still stuck though, I hope you all get your phones soon and I hope AT&T reimburses you somehow for the wait.

I have to disagree with you on this. I have a 5051xxxxx order number and still NO TRACKING NUMBER and my phone was charged on the 17th!

Message 273 of 4,535
Tutor

BTW what is the series of status messages one is going to see when pre-ordered in USA?

From Day 1 i see - In Progress

What is after that and till the point when is see the status as "Shipped"

Message 274 of 4,535
Teacher

Re: This is just ridiculous... I hate being told what I wanna hear when its a lie.

bcpurshe dont loose hope once you get the phone you will forget any of this happened

Message 275 of 4,535
Teacher

bighen wrote:

bcpurshe dont loose hope once you get the phone you will forget any of this happened

Thanks Bighen.  It's just that I am completely without a phone and so maybe a bit more sensitive to all of this.  Also this is my first ATT experience and it is not getting off to a good start. 

Message 276 of 4,535
Teacher

chogan3 wrote:

I just got off the phone with Mark from Premier Customer Support.

He said that all orders placed on the 15th would be fufilled by the 28th. I asked him to clarify "fufilled" and he said I would have it by Monday.

Let's hope Mark doesn't munch on his words for dinner Monday night. =)

I really hope Mark is right.  I have already determined that I WILL have a phone by Tuesday morning.

If my order has not shipped by the time I get off work on Monday, I am immediately going in line at my local AT&T store and I will camp out there overnight and get my phone the next morning.  Assuming that works out, I'll just call AT&T as soon as I have my new iPhone in hand and cancel my online pre-order.  If they don't let me cancel, then I will just return the online ordered iPhone as soon as it arrives.

Even though I would like my phone sooner than Tuesday, it wasn't the not having the phone that was killing me...it was the not knowing when I will have my phone.  Now that i have my mind made up to do this, and that at the very latest, I will have a phone on Tuesday, I feel much better.

Message 277 of 4,535
Mentor

bighen wrote:

This is true.  I forgot that this happened to me when I ordered the 3G in 2008 from AT&T, so much so that I made the mistake of ordering this new iphone from them!  Smiley Happy  Here I am waiting again with a phone on backorder.

Message 278 of 4,535
Teacher

I think the thing that chaps my hide is that Apple has sold non-preorder phones to people at their stores when there are hundreds if not thousands of us that are stuck waiting that did preorder.  I understand the laws of supply and demand but to blatantly disrespect people and disregard any notion of responsibility is pathetic.  What's worse is the fact that we tolerate it and they know we will.

Message 279 of 4,535
Highlighted
Teacher

Not really, but my CC was charged again at 2:00 am last night, maybe ill get mine soon!

Message 280 of 4,535
Teacher

what do you mean by again?

Message 281 of 4,535
Teacher

Well, the first time it had that "authorized" charge which just put a hold on the account, but now an actual charge was put through the account for 323.99, so im guessing my phone should ship soon, considering they said multiple times they would only chage once the phone has shipped

Message 282 of 4,535
Mentor

I still haven't had any charge on my card..... hoping that isn't a bad sign Smiley Sad

Message 283 of 4,535
Tutor

I pre-ordered in my local AT&T store on June 15th and STILL no tracking number...still "In Progress".  Some good news is that my SIM card was listed as backordered for the past week on my order status page and now that column reads 0.  I also had another authorization for the iPhone come through on my debit card this morning so I'm hopeful that means my iPhone 4 is shipping today...however I'm not going to hold my breath.  I am so mad that I pre-ordered, especially through AT&T.  There are people out there who didn't have to deal with this stress that already have their iPhone 4.  However, I can guarantee you that I WILL have an iPhone 4 on Tuesday morning if my pre-order doesn't ship today.  At 7am, I will walk up to the front of the line at my AT&T Store, say I'm still waiting on my pre-order (which AT&T publicly stated they would fulfill BEFORE selling a unit to someone walking in off the street) and tell them to give me a phone and they can keep my pre-ordered one as soon as they get it.  LOL!  I have had every iPhone that has been released and I've seriously thought about aborting this time.  This has been a horrific experience and I really hate the way AT&T and Apple have handled this entire situation.

Message 284 of 4,535
Teacher

I just got off the phone with a CSR, and he has been the most up-front person I've talked to from AT&T so far.

I started off by just telling him that I know they are swamped and that I know they are getting orders out as fast as possible and I'm not calling to complain, that I just had a related question.

I asked if I had not received my iPhone by the time they went on sale the 29th, could I buy one at the AT&T store and just cancel my pre-order to which he responded maybe, it just depends on how far along your order is, but that he doubts that they would let me cancel (but also that I was welcome to call and try).

He then told me that if I wasn't able to cancel, since I was getting a new line, that I could buy the phone on the morning of the 29th and whenever I received my pre-ordered phone, I could just bring it in to an AT&T store and return it and get refunded my order.  He also told me to try going in to the store that I want to buy the phone from on the 29th and they might even save me one if I explain my situation.

He then asked if, by any chance, I was waiting on a 32 GB, and I told him that I was, and he responded by telling me that was the problem.  That they had run out of 32 GB iPhone 4's and that is what has me waiting.  He did state that they received a shipment of more phones yesterday, and that they would be processing orders from that batch starting today, so my phone MIGHT go out today.  If it doesn't, they get more shipments on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and that they typically start processing orders from those shipments the next day...

So, for what it is worth, that is what I just got from the CSR that I talked to.

Message 285 of 4,535
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support