iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

Teacher

iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

my 32gb black iphone 4 STILL says in progress!!! anybody else have this problem??? am i gonna gt my phone tommorow or not??

Message 1 of 4,535 (20,279 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

[ Edited ]

One lesson learned here: NEVER pre-order anything from AT&T and expect them to deliver on time..

Any of my future iPhone (v5/6/etc) orders will be directly with Apple.

Message 226 of 4,535 (790 Views)
Tutor

I 2nd that. It seems like AT&T can never get anything right. I feel bad for apple for signing such a long single carrier contract.

Message 227 of 4,535 (780 Views)
Tutor

set one aside lol.. lies lies lies its all lies.

I think they will tell us anything about now

AT&T <--- its a 4 letter word Smiley Wink

Message 228 of 4,535 (776 Views)
Tutor

Re: iPhone4 preordered on June 15th at 10:15am.........

This is the same conclusion I came to. I am so disgusted by this that I am canceling my order and porting it to Verizon Wireless when they launch Droid X, which should be around 15 July. It will be interesting to see how many customers leave AT&T when the iPhone becomes available on other networks. After all, iPhone users are loyal to the device, not the wireless carrier. Hasta la vista, AT&T.
Message 229 of 4,535 (769 Views)
Teacher

Well,

I received a brand new Iphone 4 today.  Funny thing is, I didn't pre order.  All I did was leave my email address with a clerk at Radio Shack about 2 months ago to email me if he got any update on buying back my 3Gs.  He called my yesterday and said he had an iphone 4 waiting for me.  Said to come in today at 6:00 pm to get phone.  He bought my 3Gs for $200.  I paid him $10.54 in sales tax and walked out with my new phone.  Sweeeet!!!.

Message 230 of 4,535 (759 Views)
Mentor

lappie wrote:

ATT is lucky that its the only company that has the Iphone or else I would be gone.  I hope the next time apple comes out with a new product they should look into having muliti carriers at once.  I am extreamly unhappy about how ATT is handling this Iphone 4 release.   People who pre-ordered though apple has their phones already and people who pre-ordered though ATT is still waiting on theirs. 

Some of people had no choice but to order through AT&T because of a FAN discount on their account which would be taken off if they ordered from Apple and can't be reinstated because they got the discount through an email address for employer that they worked for 4 jobs ago.  Not that I know anyone like that ;-)

Not that this is any defense and I am among the many with a backordered iphone, but if Verizon had 600,000 customers trying to buy or use anything all at once their customer service and cdma network would collapse too.

Message 231 of 4,535 (822 Views)
Mentor

So have we had any new tracking information people? I'm still sitting here without... just wondering about the rest of us suckers.

Message 232 of 4,535 (776 Views)
Tutor

If this is AT&T's first iPhone launch, I can probably understand..

But this is their 4th iPhone launch.. and still screws up..

What else is there to say?..

It's 8PM PST now.. no tracking no nothing.. still "in progress"..

Why didn't I select the 16GB instead of the 32GB..

Message 233 of 4,535 (771 Views)
Explorer

pegasusCK wrote:

If this is AT&T's first iPhone launch, I can probably understand..

But this is their 4th iPhone launch.. and still screws up..

What else is there to say?..

It's 8PM PST now.. no tracking no nothing.. still "in progress"..

Why didn't I select the 16GB instead of the 32GB..

I selected the 16GB model and I'm still "in Progress" black hole as well.

Message 234 of 4,535 (742 Views)

Still in progress.  I have tried to check less often.  I keep thinking I will be like so many over the past few days and wham, it will be shipped.  I wonder how many are dealing with this?  Feels like we are the last twenty or so, sure there is more.  Maybe tomorrow morning we will all have better news! 

Message 235 of 4,535 (708 Views)
Teacher

Smiley Sad I was at work and a bunch of people had their new iPhone 4s. I'm not only PO at AT&T but im sad i dont have it Smiley Sad... Stuck still with no tracking, still in progress.

Message 236 of 4,535 (688 Views)
Scholar

Broo2 wrote:

One lesson learned here: NEVER pre-order anything from AT&T and expect them to deliver on time..

Any of my future iPhone (v5/6/etc) orders will be directly with Apple.

Thousands of people would dispute that.  Got mine this morning at 9:30 am.  Didn't get a tracking number until 11;30 am yesterday.  Hopefully you guys all get yours soon. 

No doubt that next time AT & T and Apple need to come up with a better system, but not sure anyone can come up with a system to handle that much response. 

Message 237 of 4,535 (687 Views)
Tutor

I ordered 2 iphone 4 32GB 3:00AM MT on 6/15 (Premier website).  My order was processed 6/22. Nothing was wrong with my order..I was not asked to provide any additional info.  Today, still no shipment info. My order says backordered. 

Contract has been extended.

I am contemplating about canceling my order and just getting from Apple.  I called 3 apple stores near me said the wait time for a walk-in (no reservation)  is about 3 hours.  I think I can do that...much better than being frustrated and calling AT&T CS and being on hold. 

I am still hopeful AT&T will fulfill my order by June 28 as they said inventory will be available in the stores on the 29th.

Message 238 of 4,535 (685 Views)
Mentor

rachhohnstadt wrote:

Still in progress.  I have tried to check less often.  I keep thinking I will be like so many over the past few days and wham, it will be shipped.  I wonder how many are dealing with this?  Feels like we are the last twenty or so, sure there is more.  Maybe tomorrow morning we will all have better news! 

the guys at the local at&t store told me they had accounted for about 80% of the preorders so far.

take it with a grain of salt but it seems accurate after seeing their "in" list for the first shipment, was about 20% of the names and they had 3 more shipments follow it.

Message 239 of 4,535 (672 Views)
Contributor

This is just ridiculous... I hate being told what I wanna hear when its a lie.

So I ordered two 32GB iphones (for me & bf) and one 16GB for my mom and guess what?

I received the 16gb and none of the 32gb; I called AT&T and they told me they have the same tracking number for all phones.... But when I check online it says IN PROGRESS for the 32 GB phones. Plus I received only the 16GB with that tracking number it says Delivered....

What also bothers me is that now I am being charged for a plan since it is a family plan with only one phone. Beginning cycle begins w/ one of three phones... Its ridiculous. Oh! And Mind you I am a "NEW CUSTOMER", it sucks cause I also  can't cancel my service with Tmobile cause if I do I will lose my numbers. No phones to port my numbers too, and if I cancel service w/ Tmobile without first porting then I lose them. Meaning I would need to pay for a month service since my next bill cycle for Tmobile recurred on Monday. I am so furious and what bothers me even more is that I call AT&T and they Guarantee I will get it today which I didn't; tomorrow which I doubt;  

So basically this serves as an experience. 

LESSON LEARNED!!!! I really hope I get them tomorrow if not just going to return 16GB phone and cancel AT&T, and stay in T-mobile or who knows just keep options opened. I hate this mission to buy a phone its ridiculous. If you do not have a product available then don't offer it.

Message 240 of 4,535 (671 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support