The new iPhone 15
vintagephones90's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, September 18th, 2013 12:52 AM

iphone 3gs to go phone?

Now ive heard that this can be done. But my question is am I able to use my current sim card and service and phone number?? Or what do I need to do.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

Great! That just makes it even easier!

Yes, all you need to do is simply switch your current SIM card from your current phone to the 3GS. Everything will remain the same - your plan, account balance, phone number, etc.

It's really that simple. 🙂

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

@vintagephones90 wrote:
Now ive heard that this can be done. But my question is am I able to use my current sim card and service and phone number?? Or what do I need to do.

Yes, this definitely can be done. I used a 3GS myself on my prepaid GoPhone plan. 

If you're coming from AT&T postpaid/contract service, you may have to get a new SIM card. Your service would be closed on your postpaid account and new service would be set up on a prepaid account. You should be able to keep the same phone number when switching over. 

The best way for you to do this would be to visit an AT&T corporate store. They would best be able to help you with setting up your new account and especially porting over your number. Don't let them tell you it cannot be done because it definitely can. 

Good luck! 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Wild Banchi, I already have go phone service n simcard. Can I just switch my sim card over to the iphone 3gs or how does that work??

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Okay:)) thnks!!!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

You are most certainly welcome! 🙂

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Wild Banchi, one more question...i wont have to do any programing or anything?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

@vintagephones90 wrote:
Wild Banchi, one more question...i wont have to do any programing or anything?

Programming as in...? Could you be a little more specific? If you have intentions of using a data package with your iPhone, you may have to edit some APN settings to allow prepaid data to work. Chances are you won't have to do anything, but it's good to make sure. 

By the way, I wanted to let you know that you will know immediately that your service is ready to go when you insert your SIM into the iPhone and it shows 'AT&T' in the upper left hand corner where the signal bars are. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I transfered my g3 sim card from Samsung A167 flip phone... to iphone 3gs ..

My Issue:.... NO SERVICE..Carrier ATT 14.2  -  Network, not avilable   -  

Why is the iphone not connecting with my Pay to Go Data/voice account...

Any advise is greatly appreciated...

(the previous phone did not get great reception.. 3 bars.. but, the iphone has no bars.. )

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

@send2web wrote:

I transfered my g3 sim card from Samsung A167 flip phone... to iphone 3gs ..

My Issue:.... NO SERVICE..Carrier ATT 14.2  -  Network, not avilable   -  

Why is the iphone not connecting with my Pay to Go Data/voice account...

Any advise is greatly appreciated...

(the previous phone did not get great reception.. 3 bars.. but, the iphone has no bars.. )

What exactly do you mean by "G3" SIM card? If you are not using an AT&T SIM card, that would likely explain why your 3GS may not be detecting the SIM card. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.