Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 28, 2010
6:01:45 AM
View profile
iphone 2am unauthorized data usage

Beginning on June 16, my original iphone began transmitting 2+MB of data "internet/MEdia Net" at 2 am every morning. Prior to this, my records show a daily data transmission at that time in the range of 8-50KB.

I changed to the 200MB plan when I upgraded to iphone 4 on June 24 and have begun monitoring data - that is how i discovered this escalation in data use. Both existing and new iphones are always on wi-fi at 2am. On 6/25, this 2am data usage jumped to 5MB, so I have switched off cell data altogether.

What is going on? At this rate, my iphone will use all 200MB of data in a month with these 2 am data uploads. I saw complaints about this on the Apple forum with no solution provided by ATT.

For 2 1/2 years, with my original iphone, I used an average of 30-50MB of data per month, so I was quite comfortable signing up for the 200MB plan. 

Is ATT going to fix this problem? 

Signe

Beginning on June 16, my original iphone began transmitting 2+MB of data "internet/MEdia Net" at 2 am every morning. Prior to this, my records show a daily data transmission at that time in the range of 8-50KB.

I changed to the 200MB plan when I upgraded to iphone 4 on June 24 and have begun monitoring data - that is how i discovered this escalation in data use. Both existing and new iphones are always on wi-fi at 2am. On 6/25, this 2am data usage jumped to 5MB, so I have switched off cell data altogether.

What is going on? At this rate, my iphone will use all 200MB of data in a month with these 2 am data uploads. I saw complaints about this on the Apple forum with no solution provided by ATT.

For 2 1/2 years, with my original iphone, I used an average of 30-50MB of data per month, so I was quite comfortable signing up for the 200MB plan. 

Is ATT going to fix this problem? 

Signe

Accepted Solution

iphone 2am unauthorized data usage

155 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(155)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2010 3:25:41 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by tonester on Aug 8, 2010 at 3:31:14 PM

signem wrote:

I have attempted to have an open-minded discussion with the readers of this forum, but several people have their minds absolutely made up that the chunk of data at 2am is some kind of tally for the rest of the day. Even if it were a tally when I was using push, why did it go away when I turned push off.

If the explanation is that push has an absolutely gigantic data overhead that disappears when you don't use it, so be it.

But, people should be warned that having push turned on could eat up half of their 200MB allotment. And, the other thing that people should be told is that even though they think they are on wifi, as soon as the iphone sleeps, it turns wifi off and any activity while sleeping is charged to the data plan.

So, the only real way to conserve data usage is to not only turn push off, but also turn off any automatic checking of mail so that the only time you check mail, the phone is awake and, if using wifi,  wifi is enabled and used to get mail.

Well if you don't think it's just a tally since the last time AT&T posted how much data you used, then riddle me this--do you really believe that your phone was pulling data just ONCE a day from 7/28 thru 8/2?

Or put it another way--can you honestly say you remembered using your phone just once on say, 7/29...or are you trying to imply that on 7/29 the only time your phone was using data was at 2:08 AM, and that it somehow didn't use any data for the rest of that day?  Even you'd have to admit that sounds quite farfetched...

signem wrote:

I have attempted to have an open-minded discussion with the readers of this forum, but several people have their minds absolutely made up that the chunk of data at 2am is some kind of tally for the rest of the day. Even if it were a tally when I was using push, why did it go away when I turned push off.

If the explanation is that push has an absolutely gigantic data overhead that disappears when you don't use it, so be it.

But, people should be warned that having push turned on could eat up half of their 200MB allotment. And, the other thing that people should be told is that even though they think they are on wifi, as soon as the iphone sleeps, it turns wifi off and any activity while sleeping is charged to the data plan.

So, the only real way to conserve data usage is to not only turn push off, but also turn off any automatic checking of mail so that the only time you check mail, the phone is awake and, if using wifi,  wifi is enabled and used to get mail.

Well if you don't think it's just a tally since the last time AT&T posted how much data you used, then riddle me this--do you really believe that your phone was pulling data just ONCE a day from 7/28 thru 8/2?

Or put it another way--can you honestly say you remembered using your phone just once on say, 7/29...or are you trying to imply that on 7/29 the only time your phone was using data was at 2:08 AM, and that it somehow didn't use any data for the rest of that day?  Even you'd have to admit that sounds quite farfetched...

Re: iphone 2am unauthorized data usage

[ Edited ]
91 of 156 (3,084 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2010 3:41:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

the gryphon wrote:
What do YOU believe is happening at 2am?

Well,  I was seeing nightly transmissions in the 1:30-3:30am time frame almost every night.  They ranged from a few hundred KB to a few MB (always seeming to be 20MB or fewer).  After I reset my warning and selected not to send my diagnostic data to Apple,  I still see some transmissions in that time frame,  but now they are almost always 200KB or less,  sometimes even in the 8-10KB range.  Previously I did not see them every night, and that is still the case,  they do not happen every night.  My first full billing cycle with my iPhone 4 started on July 20th, and as of today, I've used a little over 95MB of cellular data.  I leave my phone on 24x7, I leave wifi on 24x7, I leave 3G data on 24x7, I leave push on 24x7.  I do nothing special at night other than plug into the AC Adapter to recharge the battery (even though it's seldom below 50%).  With my iPhone 3G, I was averaging about 400-450MB/month on my data usage,  with my low month being about 150MB, and my high month being about 700MB (or was that 800MB?).

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

the gryphon wrote:
What do YOU believe is happening at 2am?

Well,  I was seeing nightly transmissions in the 1:30-3:30am time frame almost every night.  They ranged from a few hundred KB to a few MB (always seeming to be 20MB or fewer).  After I reset my warning and selected not to send my diagnostic data to Apple,  I still see some transmissions in that time frame,  but now they are almost always 200KB or less,  sometimes even in the 8-10KB range.  Previously I did not see them every night, and that is still the case,  they do not happen every night.  My first full billing cycle with my iPhone 4 started on July 20th, and as of today, I've used a little over 95MB of cellular data.  I leave my phone on 24x7, I leave wifi on 24x7, I leave 3G data on 24x7, I leave push on 24x7.  I do nothing special at night other than plug into the AC Adapter to recharge the battery (even though it's seldom below 50%).  With my iPhone 3G, I was averaging about 400-450MB/month on my data usage,  with my low month being about 150MB, and my high month being about 700MB (or was that 800MB?).

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

92 of 156 (3,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2010 6:57:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

whatever the reason is, since no one really has a clue I figured a way to avoid it and that was to turn off 3G data, I will only turn it on if away from wifi and really need it.  So far this morning was the first I didn't have data transfer.

whatever the reason is, since no one really has a clue I figured a way to avoid it and that was to turn off 3G data, I will only turn it on if away from wifi and really need it.  So far this morning was the first I didn't have data transfer.

93 of 156 (3,044 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 4:04:32 AM
(0)
Expert

still confused about this. Have kept a extra iphone on my desk that has no applications on it, the phone was reset on 06/30/10

Sent  - 1.1MB

Recieved - 3.4MB

Phone has been used only for incoming and outgoing calls and a occasional text message

still confused about this. Have kept a extra iphone on my desk that has no applications on it, the phone was reset on 06/30/10

Sent  - 1.1MB

Recieved - 3.4MB

Phone has been used only for incoming and outgoing calls and a occasional text message

94 of 156 (3,010 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 4:37:57 AM
(0)
Mentor

wingrider01 wrote:

Sent  - 1.1MB

Recieved - 3.4MB

I think this pretty much proves that the middle of the night transactions have some correlation to the amount of data used.  However, the real issue is that no one knows exactly what they really are.

Out of curiosity, are you seeing any transmissions of data in the middle of the night?  I'd expect them to be on the order of a few KB if anything.

wingrider01 wrote:

Sent  - 1.1MB

Recieved - 3.4MB

I think this pretty much proves that the middle of the night transactions have some correlation to the amount of data used.  However, the real issue is that no one knows exactly what they really are.

Out of curiosity, are you seeing any transmissions of data in the middle of the night?  I'd expect them to be on the order of a few KB if anything.

95 of 156 (3,003 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 5:25:24 AM
(0)
Tutor

Just an FYI with the night time data usage....

I have just spent an entire weekend fighting with AT&T, not only do they make excused for the data usage, but when asked about 4g in my area as the coverage map shows it quite prevalent, I was told that it is not ready to access and wouldn't be until the end of 2012...

OK, so that was all bad considering that I ordered my phone on 7/23 and it didn't show up until 8/6, that I found it as a walk in and then customer service wouldn't let me cancel my backorder.. that they tried to charge me with a restock fee when I turned those phones back in.. and finally that they lied to me when I did question the 4g and told me that no network has access yet..

Well, AT&T after the entire weekend of listening to excuses and lies, I have been with you for over 6 years and I am dumping you.  Nothing against the iphone 4, but everything against AT&T.

Just to let your CSR's know that Sprint is currently running on 4g and has been for some time....

I have just spent an entire weekend fighting with AT&T, not only do they make excused for the data usage, but when asked about 4g in my area as the coverage map shows it quite prevalent, I was told that it is not ready to access and wouldn't be until the end of 2012...

OK, so that was all bad considering that I ordered my phone on 7/23 and it didn't show up until 8/6, that I found it as a walk in and then customer service wouldn't let me cancel my backorder.. that they tried to charge me with a restock fee when I turned those phones back in.. and finally that they lied to me when I did question the 4g and told me that no network has access yet..

Well, AT&T after the entire weekend of listening to excuses and lies, I have been with you for over 6 years and I am dumping you.  Nothing against the iphone 4, but everything against AT&T.

Just to let your CSR's know that Sprint is currently running on 4g and has been for some time....

96 of 156 (2,991 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 6:33:55 AM
(0)
Teacher

Before I turned off push, I had charges during the day when I was out and charges at 2:22 am. If the nightly charge is a total of all the charges for the last 24 hours, then why do I also have individual charges during the day. And, why did my standard usage for over 2 years go from 30MB to 90MB after June 16.

I'm not sure what happened. Perhaps I was on manual email check before June 16 and some kind of software update changed it to push. But why would that happen on the very day that I ordered the iphone4? Then after getting it, being disappointed, taking it back and going back to my old iphone, I had these ongoing high data charges.

I think that I am now understanding what has happened after reading the variety of input from everyone. Early on I stated that I thought I was being charged for usage while on wi-fi. And, was told that that could not possibly be the case.

Well, I'm afraid that the wi-fi data use is definitely what is being charged, but it is not something I can control unless I turn data use off altogether. My iphone sleeps after sitting for a few seconds. If it automatically checks for mail during that time, my data service gets charged. The only time when wi-fi is free is when you are sitting, holding the iphone and actively using it. Other times, the wi-fi turns off and relies on cell data.

When I changed from push to check every 15 minutes, my 2:22 am nightly charges disappeared, but I got like 16KB every 15 minutes (even that does not add up to the huge nighly charges while on push).

Although everyone seems to be having a slightly different experience, I hope that my input will help get to the bottom of what is happening in your case.

I'm giving up on the iphone and switching to a Blackberry later this week. What is nice about the blackberry is that you can set it to automatically power off at night and power on in the morning so that it is not running all night long. I don't want to have to be bothered to do that manually along with all the other parameters that I would have to set on the iphone to keep it under control.

Oh well...

Before I turned off push, I had charges during the day when I was out and charges at 2:22 am. If the nightly charge is a total of all the charges for the last 24 hours, then why do I also have individual charges during the day. And, why did my standard usage for over 2 years go from 30MB to 90MB after June 16.

I'm not sure what happened. Perhaps I was on manual email check before June 16 and some kind of software update changed it to push. But why would that happen on the very day that I ordered the iphone4? Then after getting it, being disappointed, taking it back and going back to my old iphone, I had these ongoing high data charges.

I think that I am now understanding what has happened after reading the variety of input from everyone. Early on I stated that I thought I was being charged for usage while on wi-fi. And, was told that that could not possibly be the case.

Well, I'm afraid that the wi-fi data use is definitely what is being charged, but it is not something I can control unless I turn data use off altogether. My iphone sleeps after sitting for a few seconds. If it automatically checks for mail during that time, my data service gets charged. The only time when wi-fi is free is when you are sitting, holding the iphone and actively using it. Other times, the wi-fi turns off and relies on cell data.

When I changed from push to check every 15 minutes, my 2:22 am nightly charges disappeared, but I got like 16KB every 15 minutes (even that does not add up to the huge nighly charges while on push).

Although everyone seems to be having a slightly different experience, I hope that my input will help get to the bottom of what is happening in your case.

I'm giving up on the iphone and switching to a Blackberry later this week. What is nice about the blackberry is that you can set it to automatically power off at night and power on in the morning so that it is not running all night long. I don't want to have to be bothered to do that manually along with all the other parameters that I would have to set on the iphone to keep it under control.

Oh well...

97 of 156 (2,981 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 6:40:10 AM
(0)
Mentor

donsgirl wrote:

Okay.  Not really sure what to tell you.  While I do agree that the data is a bit sketchy (especially since it's not 100% clear what's going on), the 4g issue is much more cut and dry.

The iPhone 4 does not support 4g.  It is not the "iPhone 4g", it's the "fourth generation iPhone".  The CSR is correct.  AT&T has not rolled out a 4g network.  And even if they had, the iPhone 4 would not be able to access it.

donsgirl wrote:

Okay.  Not really sure what to tell you.  While I do agree that the data is a bit sketchy (especially since it's not 100% clear what's going on), the 4g issue is much more cut and dry.

The iPhone 4 does not support 4g.  It is not the "iPhone 4g", it's the "fourth generation iPhone".  The CSR is correct.  AT&T has not rolled out a 4g network.  And even if they had, the iPhone 4 would not be able to access it.

98 of 156 (2,978 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 6:43:32 AM
(0)
Mentor

signem wrote:

Oh well...

A shame about the wifi not working if you're not actively sitting there using the phone.  I'm still using my BlackBerry Bold right now (waiting for my iPhone to arrive) and when I'm connected to wifi at home, I'm always on wifi.  It doesn't drop the wifi connection when it goes to sleep and I register very little data usage when around a wifi hotspot. 

Depending how things go, you may want to wait until the 12th and get the new BlackBerry Torch that's being released.  You have a full 30 days to return the iPhone so perhaps that would be the best solution.  I know that if the iPhone doesn't work out for me I'm waiting to get the Torch.  The only bummer is the 10% restocking fee on the iPhone.

Good luck!

signem wrote:

Oh well...

A shame about the wifi not working if you're not actively sitting there using the phone.  I'm still using my BlackBerry Bold right now (waiting for my iPhone to arrive) and when I'm connected to wifi at home, I'm always on wifi.  It doesn't drop the wifi connection when it goes to sleep and I register very little data usage when around a wifi hotspot. 

Depending how things go, you may want to wait until the 12th and get the new BlackBerry Torch that's being released.  You have a full 30 days to return the iPhone so perhaps that would be the best solution.  I know that if the iPhone doesn't work out for me I'm waiting to get the Torch.  The only bummer is the 10% restocking fee on the iPhone.

Good luck!

99 of 156 (2,977 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 7:42:20 AM
(0)
Teacher
MJwood wrote: A shame about the wifi not working if you're not actively sitting there using the phone. I'm still using my BlackBerry Bold right now (waiting for my iPhone to arrive) and when I'm connected to wifi at home, I'm always on wifi. It doesn't drop the wifi connection when it goes to sleep and I register very little data usage when around a wifi hotspot. Depending how things go, you may want to wait until the 12th and get the new BlackBerry Torch that's being released. You have a full 30 days to return the iPhone so perhaps that would be the best solution. I know that if the iPhone doesn't work out for me I'm waiting to get the Torch. The only bummer is the 10% restocking fee on the iPhone. Good luck! MJ, I am going to get the Torch - at least that is my plan unless I don't like it when I see it. I used BBs for years and found some of the iphone things hard to get used to. The mail display though is the one thing that I truly love. I can't seem to find out whether the html display on the bb will be comparable or not. I already went through that darn restocking fee with the iphone4 and hope that i won't want to return the Torch!
MJwood wrote: A shame about the wifi not working if you're not actively sitting there using the phone. I'm still using my BlackBerry Bold right now (waiting for my iPhone to arrive) and when I'm connected to wifi at home, I'm always on wifi. It doesn't drop the wifi connection when it goes to sleep and I register very little data usage when around a wifi hotspot. Depending how things go, you may want to wait until the 12th and get the new BlackBerry Torch that's being released. You have a full 30 days to return the iPhone so perhaps that would be the best solution. I know that if the iPhone doesn't work out for me I'm waiting to get the Torch. The only bummer is the 10% restocking fee on the iPhone. Good luck! MJ, I am going to get the Torch - at least that is my plan unless I don't like it when I see it. I used BBs for years and found some of the iphone things hard to get used to. The mail display though is the one thing that I truly love. I can't seem to find out whether the html display on the bb will be comparable or not. I already went through that darn restocking fee with the iphone4 and hope that i won't want to return the Torch!

100 of 156 (2,949 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 8:22:14 AM
(0)
Former Employee

mjwood0 wrote:

donsgirl wrote:

Also, when ATT does implement 4g, it will be based on a technology called LTE. This is the same technology Verizon is implementing on their 4g network. Sprint's 4g network is based on something called EVO and many in the tech community would say it is not true 4g. You might want to do a little research on download speeds from Sprint's 4g network. You may be surprised. Bottom line, 4g to an ATT CSR means LTE so the CSR would be correct that no service provider yet offers an LTE based 4g network.

mjwood0 wrote:

donsgirl wrote:

Also, when ATT does implement 4g, it will be based on a technology called LTE. This is the same technology Verizon is implementing on their 4g network. Sprint's 4g network is based on something called EVO and many in the tech community would say it is not true 4g. You might want to do a little research on download speeds from Sprint's 4g network. You may be surprised. Bottom line, 4g to an ATT CSR means LTE so the CSR would be correct that no service provider yet offers an LTE based 4g network.

101 of 156 (2,884 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 9:40:21 AM
(0)
Expert

mjwood0 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Sent  - 1.1MB

Recieved - 3.4MB

200-300KB average

mjwood0 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Sent  - 1.1MB

Recieved - 3.4MB

200-300KB average

102 of 156 (2,871 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 6:04:21 PM
(0)
Guru

sandblaster wrote:

mjwood0 wrote:

donsgirl wrote:

Sprint's 4g is wifi currently.  I also read today somwhere that Sprint was looking at going to LTE also, moving away from wifi 4g.  And you are correct that no one currently has LTE available for retail service in the US yet....

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinion.

sandblaster wrote:

mjwood0 wrote:

donsgirl wrote:

Sprint's 4g is wifi currently.  I also read today somwhere that Sprint was looking at going to LTE also, moving away from wifi 4g.  And you are correct that no one currently has LTE available for retail service in the US yet....

Sent from my iPhone 4

103 of 156 (2,823 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 8:32:14 PM
(0)
Former Employee

click_clack wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

OK, EVO is actually the name of Sprint's 4g phone made by HTC. The technology behind Sprint's 4g network is not wifi, it is WiMax which stands for Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access. Apparently it is very close to wifi technology as it is based on a 802.16e wireless standard.

click_clack wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

OK, EVO is actually the name of Sprint's 4g phone made by HTC. The technology behind Sprint's 4g network is not wifi, it is WiMax which stands for Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access. Apparently it is very close to wifi technology as it is based on a 802.16e wireless standard.

104 of 156 (2,799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2010 7:03:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

Just activated my iPhone 4 on Friday 8/20/2010. The phone was delivered to my house, so it's never been away from my wifi. So in theory it should ONLY be using my wifi and NOT any celluar data. So why would my phone even be eating into my data plan? So why I am also having this (almost) 2am usage?

08/2201:51 AMphone
Internet/MEdia NetSent

1921KB

Looking at the Usage > Cellular Network Data > Recieved as shown on my phone - the number is close to what was reported in my account BUT I still want to know WHY it's cellular data?

How do I assure that I'm only using my wifi when the phone is here at home? I have gone ahead and set my Cellular Data to OFF. Will have to see how that effects it. Are there any other settings I should turn off?

Just activated my iPhone 4 on Friday 8/20/2010. The phone was delivered to my house, so it's never been away from my wifi. So in theory it should ONLY be using my wifi and NOT any celluar data. So why would my phone even be eating into my data plan? So why I am also having this (almost) 2am usage?

08/2201:51 AMphone
Internet/MEdia NetSent

1921KB

Looking at the Usage > Cellular Network Data > Recieved as shown on my phone - the number is close to what was reported in my account BUT I still want to know WHY it's cellular data?

How do I assure that I'm only using my wifi when the phone is here at home? I have gone ahead and set my Cellular Data to OFF. Will have to see how that effects it. Are there any other settings I should turn off?

105 of 156 (2,557 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 10:09:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Turning off cell data will assure that the only data that's used is wifi data. You will not be able to send/receive mms messages either.

When you activated, did you accept Apple's offer to send diagnostic data? If so, that can be the source of unexpected data. Otherwise, even with wifi on (mine is always on as well, and I am generally under wifi coverage except when commuting) your device may choose cell data over wifi if it is sleeping, and wakes to check email or otherwise perform some background network (push) transaction. You can see this yourself - suspend the device with an active wifi connection. Leave it alone for an hour or so. Wake it up, and note that it's now showing 3G - and after a bit flips back over to wifi (assuming you've NOT turned off cellular data, of course!)

For me, this amounts to a trickle of data in a week - perhaps 5MB total - with email checking hourly on two imap and one exchange account.

Regarding the "2am usage" there are a million posts about how the accounting system batches up transactions over the day and reports them in the middle of the night, as well as the unexpected by some users fact that allowing your iPhone to send diagnostic data to apple means you will actually use data sending diagnoistic data to apple. Here's how to undo that setting if you set it

http://www.geardiary.com/2008/07/27/speed-up-itunes-sync-of-your-iphone-or-touch-by-only-selectively...

Turning off cell data will assure that the only data that's used is wifi data. You will not be able to send/receive mms messages either.

When you activated, did you accept Apple's offer to send diagnostic data? If so, that can be the source of unexpected data. Otherwise, even with wifi on (mine is always on as well, and I am generally under wifi coverage except when commuting) your device may choose cell data over wifi if it is sleeping, and wakes to check email or otherwise perform some background network (push) transaction. You can see this yourself - suspend the device with an active wifi connection. Leave it alone for an hour or so. Wake it up, and note that it's now showing 3G - and after a bit flips back over to wifi (assuming you've NOT turned off cellular data, of course!)

For me, this amounts to a trickle of data in a week - perhaps 5MB total - with email checking hourly on two imap and one exchange account.

Regarding the "2am usage" there are a million posts about how the accounting system batches up transactions over the day and reports them in the middle of the night, as well as the unexpected by some users fact that allowing your iPhone to send diagnostic data to apple means you will actually use data sending diagnoistic data to apple. Here's how to undo that setting if you set it

http://www.geardiary.com/2008/07/27/speed-up-itunes-sync-of-your-iphone-or-touch-by-only-selectively-sending-diagnostic-data-to-apple/

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

106 of 156 (2,501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 10:20:49 AM
(0)
Tutor

Is there any way to assure that the phone only uses wifi when wif is available, even when sleeping? I'm thinking if my iPod Touch can do stuff when it's asleep using wifi, why can't my iPhone 4?

Is there any way to assure that the phone only uses wifi when wif is available, even when sleeping? I'm thinking if my iPod Touch can do stuff when it's asleep using wifi, why can't my iPhone 4?

107 of 156 (2,500 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 11:26:41 AM
(0)
Teacher
Why can't the iphone but the touch can? I believe that there was a recent change in the operating system. For me, it seemed to coincide with the time I ordered my iphone4 (which I subsequently returned). I went back to my original 2G but my usage changed from an average of 30MB a month to 90MB a month with no change in my behavior or email traffic. I have now switched to the Blackberry Torch and am seeing considerably less data usage because it always uses the wifi when I'm at home. It may be an aggregate of data used, but the bottom line is that it shouldn't be using data because it should be on wifi and it used to be on wifi and now uses cell data when sleeping rather than using the wifi. I bet one of the Apple operating system programmers put in code to turn the wifi off in order to save battery without realizing the consequences to data usage.
Why can't the iphone but the touch can? I believe that there was a recent change in the operating system. For me, it seemed to coincide with the time I ordered my iphone4 (which I subsequently returned). I went back to my original 2G but my usage changed from an average of 30MB a month to 90MB a month with no change in my behavior or email traffic. I have now switched to the Blackberry Torch and am seeing considerably less data usage because it always uses the wifi when I'm at home. It may be an aggregate of data used, but the bottom line is that it shouldn't be using data because it should be on wifi and it used to be on wifi and now uses cell data when sleeping rather than using the wifi. I bet one of the Apple operating system programmers put in code to turn the wifi off in order to save battery without realizing the consequences to data usage.

108 of 156 (2,480 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 1:10:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

lizbethk wrote:

Yes. Turn off cellular data. That will force it to use wifi. Your iPod Touch doesn't have 3G, so it doesn't have a choice. Like I said, it should just be a trickle of data, if at all, unless you have a lot of notifications enabled (facebook, IM, etc) and even then it shouldn't be hundreds of MB.

lizbethk wrote:

Yes. Turn off cellular data. That will force it to use wifi. Your iPod Touch doesn't have 3G, so it doesn't have a choice. Like I said, it should just be a trickle of data, if at all, unless you have a lot of notifications enabled (facebook, IM, etc) and even then it shouldn't be hundreds of MB.

109 of 156 (2,460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2010 6:06:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

I thought about this for a while and it seems some inside information is needed.  The average AT&T support person doesn't know how billing works and Apple doesn't have a clue what's going on in the mobile switching network.

I'm pretty sure you are looking at a single line item that usually includes your whole day's worth of data service.

I worked at AT&T, and wireline and wireless bills are tallied at the end of the day.  The system collects billing records from many different switching areas of the network and tallies it in one line item.

During the day when you first establish an IP connection the network determines whether you are a data enabled device, it keeps your same IP address open, even though you may move into another cellular center's routing towers (e.g. in the SF Bay area there are at least two, one in San Jose, the other in San Francisco.), that way you are not constantly getting new sessions with Google, MobileMe, et cetera.

Telephone calls and data sessions all have a midnight or 1AM cut off time for billing (i.e. you will never see a call billing record go longer than 24 hours, even if you talk for three days.)  Around an hour or two later all the remote data centers have reported your data usage to your home billing office (register), from there it gets itemized on your bill around 2AM.

Further explanations:
- You see some smaller data records during the day, e.g. 45kb or 341kb.  That's when you turned off your phone completely, reinitialized it, got off a plane in a new city, anything to cause the iPhone to close the previous session and start a new IP session (the old session also times out eventually or gets closed when a new one starts.)

- Also, sometimes remote AT&T data centers batch their billing records and send them a day or two later (creating another billing record.)  If you are away from your home data register for a few days, you might not have any tally that night.  (Often/mainly if you are in a different area code than your phone number.)

- Data users on other phones have the same 2AM records if they keep the session open all day.  NB: a Blackberry may close every IP data session intentionally - RIM thinks it adds more security to Exchange Mail than keeping the session open.  Also, if your kid's picture phone goes into browser mode or transmits a picture, there is also a short data session that ends and gets a data record during the day.

- Look at your usage:  watch some YouTube, navigate with Google Maps during the day, then look for the total of the data usage in the data detail of your iPhone on the AT&T Wireless site.  It shows up at night.

- If you think any "data" is leaking out of your iPhone at night (remember "Only the Paranoid Survive"), power down.  The data usage from the previous day will still be posted at 2AM, it doesn't need your phone on.  [The WiFi or 3G questions in this discussion were a red herring.]

Frankly, its a pretty tricky business counting packets from a wireless device than can travel through several cities and hundreds of cell towers a day.  

Cheers,

J

I thought about this for a while and it seems some inside information is needed.  The average AT&T support person doesn't know how billing works and Apple doesn't have a clue what's going on in the mobile switching network.

I'm pretty sure you are looking at a single line item that usually includes your whole day's worth of data service.

I worked at AT&T, and wireline and wireless bills are tallied at the end of the day.  The system collects billing records from many different switching areas of the network and tallies it in one line item.

During the day when you first establish an IP connection the network determines whether you are a data enabled device, it keeps your same IP address open, even though you may move into another cellular center's routing towers (e.g. in the SF Bay area there are at least two, one in San Jose, the other in San Francisco.), that way you are not constantly getting new sessions with Google, MobileMe, et cetera.

Telephone calls and data sessions all have a midnight or 1AM cut off time for billing (i.e. you will never see a call billing record go longer than 24 hours, even if you talk for three days.)  Around an hour or two later all the remote data centers have reported your data usage to your home billing office (register), from there it gets itemized on your bill around 2AM.

Further explanations:
- You see some smaller data records during the day, e.g. 45kb or 341kb.  That's when you turned off your phone completely, reinitialized it, got off a plane in a new city, anything to cause the iPhone to close the previous session and start a new IP session (the old session also times out eventually or gets closed when a new one starts.)

- Also, sometimes remote AT&T data centers batch their billing records and send them a day or two later (creating another billing record.)  If you are away from your home data register for a few days, you might not have any tally that night.  (Often/mainly if you are in a different area code than your phone number.)

- Data users on other phones have the same 2AM records if they keep the session open all day.  NB: a Blackberry may close every IP data session intentionally - RIM thinks it adds more security to Exchange Mail than keeping the session open.  Also, if your kid's picture phone goes into browser mode or transmits a picture, there is also a short data session that ends and gets a data record during the day.

- Look at your usage:  watch some YouTube, navigate with Google Maps during the day, then look for the total of the data usage in the data detail of your iPhone on the AT&T Wireless site.  It shows up at night.

- If you think any "data" is leaking out of your iPhone at night (remember "Only the Paranoid Survive"), power down.  The data usage from the previous day will still be posted at 2AM, it doesn't need your phone on.  [The WiFi or 3G questions in this discussion were a red herring.]

Frankly, its a pretty tricky business counting packets from a wireless device than can travel through several cities and hundreds of cell towers a day.  

Cheers,

J

Re: iphone 2am unauthorized data usaJf - further explanation

110 of 156 (2,390 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2010 6:23:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

I think at least I have come to the understanding that this is a "lump sum total" of my day's activities. The numbers I'm seeing for the 2am reconciliation are very close to what my phone itself is tracking. I think it would behoove AT&T to train it's support people to be able to explain this to paranoid masses.

I think at least I have come to the understanding that this is a "lump sum total" of my day's activities. The numbers I'm seeing for the 2am reconciliation are very close to what my phone itself is tracking. I think it would behoove AT&T to train it's support people to be able to explain this to paranoid masses.

111 of 156 (2,696 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2010 8:24:59 AM
(0)
Guru

We have good reason to be paranoid.  It's in AT&T's interest to charge us as much as they possibly can while rendering as little service as they can get away with.

In essence that's how business profits work:  Charge more than what it costs to provide a service or product.

Given the ambiguity of the billing statement, the so far lack of official word on whether or not diagnostic data and billing transmissions are counted against the tiered data plan byte count, and the questionable use of cellular data to do this reporting even while sitting in the middle of a Wifi hotspot for days on end, and the fact that we all know that "Frankly, its a pretty tricky business counting packets from a wireless device than can travel through several cities and hundreds of cell towers a day," is so very true, again it adds up for sufficient cause for us to question just what the heck is going on.

We're doing our due dilligence in trying to get some sort of official, reasonable, comment from AT&T on the matter, and hoping we can maybe put some pressure to ensure that the protocol of choice, regardless of whether or not the phone is in "sleep mode" is to send any and all diagnostic, reporting, location, etc., information via Wifi first, if available and if not, THEN transmit on cellular data, and if it just HAS to be transmitted via cellular data, garuntee the byte count isn't coming off our tiered plans.

Really, this isn't all that unreasonable.

We have good reason to be paranoid.  It's in AT&T's interest to charge us as much as they possibly can while rendering as little service as they can get away with.

In essence that's how business profits work:  Charge more than what it costs to provide a service or product.

Given the ambiguity of the billing statement, the so far lack of official word on whether or not diagnostic data and billing transmissions are counted against the tiered data plan byte count, and the questionable use of cellular data to do this reporting even while sitting in the middle of a Wifi hotspot for days on end, and the fact that we all know that "Frankly, its a pretty tricky business counting packets from a wireless device than can travel through several cities and hundreds of cell towers a day," is so very true, again it adds up for sufficient cause for us to question just what the heck is going on.

We're doing our due dilligence in trying to get some sort of official, reasonable, comment from AT&T on the matter, and hoping we can maybe put some pressure to ensure that the protocol of choice, regardless of whether or not the phone is in "sleep mode" is to send any and all diagnostic, reporting, location, etc., information via Wifi first, if available and if not, THEN transmit on cellular data, and if it just HAS to be transmitted via cellular data, garuntee the byte count isn't coming off our tiered plans.

Really, this isn't all that unreasonable.

112 of 156 (2,658 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2010 8:53:10 AM
(0)
Scholar

lizbethk wrote:

I'm seeing the same discussion on some of the other device sub-forums. It certainly doesn't seem to just be the iphone, and yes, I think it's some sort of daily tallying for something as well (at least some of it).

lizbethk wrote:

I'm seeing the same discussion on some of the other device sub-forums. It certainly doesn't seem to just be the iphone, and yes, I think it's some sort of daily tallying for something as well (at least some of it).

113 of 156 (2,640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 9:06:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

Two identical iPhones with the only difference 1 is unlimited data plan the other is on the 200GB plan. With no changes in settings late night 09/05/2010 a recurring sent data of 3KB every 10 minutes (some varied by a minute or so) on the 200GB plan but not on the unlimited plan. Contacted tech support and they could provide no explanation and suggested that some app was sending out information... this pattern continued while the phone was sleeping and charging and while the usage was small can I really trust the balance of the billings and why should anyone have to jump thru hoops and expend a great deal of time to verify a "smart phone". This pattern suggests someone or something is taking my data without my permission (I think that is called theft).

Two identical iPhones with the only difference 1 is unlimited data plan the other is on the 200GB plan. With no changes in settings late night 09/05/2010 a recurring sent data of 3KB every 10 minutes (some varied by a minute or so) on the 200GB plan but not on the unlimited plan. Contacted tech support and they could provide no explanation and suggested that some app was sending out information... this pattern continued while the phone was sleeping and charging and while the usage was small can I really trust the balance of the billings and why should anyone have to jump thru hoops and expend a great deal of time to verify a "smart phone". This pattern suggests someone or something is taking my data without my permission (I think that is called theft).

114 of 156 (2,440 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2010 5:58:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

mrworrell wrote:

Weird. I have three iP4s and none of them do this, on the 2GB plan. It sure sounds like "check email ever 10 minutes" is on. Or some other push feature.

mrworrell wrote:

Weird. I have three iP4s and none of them do this, on the 2GB plan. It sure sounds like "check email ever 10 minutes" is on. Or some other push feature.

115 of 156 (2,416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2010 11:44:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It sounds to me like you r phone on teh 200MB plan (not 200GB plan) has an outbound email hung for some reason, and it keeps trying to resend it.  I know this happened to me one when I "fat fingered" the SMTP password during email account setup on my iPhone.  I would suggest that you check to make sure this isn't your problem...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

It sounds to me like you r phone on teh 200MB plan (not 200GB plan) has an outbound email hung for some reason, and it keeps trying to resend it.  I know this happened to me one when I "fat fingered" the SMTP password during email account setup on my iPhone.  I would suggest that you check to make sure this isn't your problem...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

116 of 156 (2,386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 7:56:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

Hey all, I stumbled across this forum after getting messages from ATT in three successive days telling me I had chewed through 200Mb and they were charging me $15 each. Well, I was pretty surprised to say the least because I don't use data in a big way and I certainly don't do a lot of 3G activity as I am at home or school all day and evening and thus constantly surrounded by WiFi.

So, naturally I called customer service, who let me know about the odd data patterns happening at 2am and often amounting to 30 MEG or more. This is happening daily.

Customer service offered me a $15 credit and sugested I go to the 2Gb data plan that was now discounted due to the $15 credit to a 'mere' $10 more. This month.

I wasn't very satisfied but considering that at that time I thought it might have been a rogue app I said ok and went on my way. As I kept reading this forum (and many others) I grew more upset and curious. By the time I got home, I received yet another notice that I had run out of data. FOUR in the same day all due to ATT misunderstanding their own information about the plan I was on and how much data I had used.

I called Customer service, they put me on to Tech Support and there I was in conversation for 3 HOURS and TWENTY MINUTES during this conversation they suggested that I should put my phone in airplane mode every night, then got Apple Tech on the conference call.

We both waited ten minutes on hold there and finally got an Apple tech who had not heard of this problem before, but suggested that doing a restore might help. I politely asked to speak to someone who had heard of this problem before and he got really pissy with me. Finallt he transferred us to David, his supervisor who said he was familiar with this probem and here is whae we discovered....

(This is straight from a person who ATT tech support called and called himself a supervisor for Apple tech support)

Every iPhone 4 sends data to ATT every night at 2am. We are not supposed to be charged for this, but somehow that data bit is getting missed that flags this traffic as ATT initiated data.

The phone is using the 3G network by default because this is information going straight to ATT's databank.

----------------- /:

Well.... somehow through a billing snafu we discover that your phone is waking up at 2am and sending ATT information about everything that happened during the day on your new miracle phone.

I wonder if the size of this data dump is commensurate with the amount of data you used on WiFi... ? Is ATT collecting a copy of everything that you do? Do they share that with Apple? (I can't see how they WOULDN'T have some such agreement)

The thing that really creeps me out is the possibility that your privacy is protected when you get IP traffic through a server but NOT protected once that data is ON the iPhone. Even if you opt-out of the stats transmittal on the phone, there is nothing preventing ATT from collecting everything you do.

The first part of my conversation with ATT tech support, she kept saying that the phone was "synchronizing".

I can't see why in the world ATT would need to have my personal phone use and have the actual data copied that I used.

IF this is an 'aggregate' notification of the traffic I used on 3G throughout the day then all that would be required is a simple data bit telling ATT how much data I used off their network. BUT ATT DOESN"T NEED MY PHONE TO KNOW WHAT I DID BECAUSE THEY OWN THE NETWORK MY DATA WENT ON.

Added to the many people here who post big downloads on days when they have not used the phone, we get a disturbing picture of the real truth here.

I'm quite sure ATT is not allowed to copy, intercept or trap your IP activity when is passes through their servers, without a Warrant.

I'm also quite sure Apple clearly tells you they will collect data about your usage whether you like it or not.

What I have not read anywhere, or agreed to, is ATT clandestinely collecting that data in the middle of the night and providing it to Apple or using it themselves.

I am the paying customer being challenged by a monopoly in a way that I cannot protect my own security and privacy.

I'm posting this everywhere I can.

Hey all, I stumbled across this forum after getting messages from ATT in three successive days telling me I had chewed through 200Mb and they were charging me $15 each. Well, I was pretty surprised to say the least because I don't use data in a big way and I certainly don't do a lot of 3G activity as I am at home or school all day and evening and thus constantly surrounded by WiFi.

So, naturally I called customer service, who let me know about the odd data patterns happening at 2am and often amounting to 30 MEG or more. This is happening daily.

Customer service offered me a $15 credit and sugested I go to the 2Gb data plan that was now discounted due to the $15 credit to a 'mere' $10 more. This month.

I wasn't very satisfied but considering that at that time I thought it might have been a rogue app I said ok and went on my way. As I kept reading this forum (and many others) I grew more upset and curious. By the time I got home, I received yet another notice that I had run out of data. FOUR in the same day all due to ATT misunderstanding their own information about the plan I was on and how much data I had used.

I called Customer service, they put me on to Tech Support and there I was in conversation for 3 HOURS and TWENTY MINUTES during this conversation they suggested that I should put my phone in airplane mode every night, then got Apple Tech on the conference call.

We both waited ten minutes on hold there and finally got an Apple tech who had not heard of this problem before, but suggested that doing a restore might help. I politely asked to speak to someone who had heard of this problem before and he got really pissy with me. Finallt he transferred us to David, his supervisor who said he was familiar with this probem and here is whae we discovered....

(This is straight from a person who ATT tech support called and called himself a supervisor for Apple tech support)

Every iPhone 4 sends data to ATT every night at 2am. We are not supposed to be charged for this, but somehow that data bit is getting missed that flags this traffic as ATT initiated data.

The phone is using the 3G network by default because this is information going straight to ATT's databank.

----------------- /:

Well.... somehow through a billing snafu we discover that your phone is waking up at 2am and sending ATT information about everything that happened during the day on your new miracle phone.

I wonder if the size of this data dump is commensurate with the amount of data you used on WiFi... ? Is ATT collecting a copy of everything that you do? Do they share that with Apple? (I can't see how they WOULDN'T have some such agreement)

The thing that really creeps me out is the possibility that your privacy is protected when you get IP traffic through a server but NOT protected once that data is ON the iPhone. Even if you opt-out of the stats transmittal on the phone, there is nothing preventing ATT from collecting everything you do.

The first part of my conversation with ATT tech support, she kept saying that the phone was "synchronizing".

I can't see why in the world ATT would need to have my personal phone use and have the actual data copied that I used.

IF this is an 'aggregate' notification of the traffic I used on 3G throughout the day then all that would be required is a simple data bit telling ATT how much data I used off their network. BUT ATT DOESN"T NEED MY PHONE TO KNOW WHAT I DID BECAUSE THEY OWN THE NETWORK MY DATA WENT ON.

Added to the many people here who post big downloads on days when they have not used the phone, we get a disturbing picture of the real truth here.

I'm quite sure ATT is not allowed to copy, intercept or trap your IP activity when is passes through their servers, without a Warrant.

I'm also quite sure Apple clearly tells you they will collect data about your usage whether you like it or not.

What I have not read anywhere, or agreed to, is ATT clandestinely collecting that data in the middle of the night and providing it to Apple or using it themselves.

I am the paying customer being challenged by a monopoly in a way that I cannot protect my own security and privacy.

I'm posting this everywhere I can.

117 of 156 (2,152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 7:58:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

Even with push email, it shouldn't be asking for 30Meg of data, especially if they are using IMAP.

Even with push email, it shouldn't be asking for 30Meg of data, especially if they are using IMAP.

118 of 156 (2,151 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 8:23:34 AM
(0)
Teacher
Omimo, I started this thread and have posted to it many times. I agree with everything you said, but this is not just the iphone4. I switched back to my 1st iphone and it happened there. I went from a normal 30MB per month to over 90MB. I have now switched to the BB Torch and my most recent data usage for 20 days was 14MB. I'm back to the less than 10KB at 7am when my phone automatically turns on. Nothing in the middle of the night anymore. I wish that this issue would get fixed because it is extremely disturbing and has potential to result in some very bad publicity for ATT and Apple. These tech support people who claim they never heard of it are full of it. Not only is it covered in this forum, but the Apple iphone forum has plenty on it as well.
Omimo, I started this thread and have posted to it many times. I agree with everything you said, but this is not just the iphone4. I switched back to my 1st iphone and it happened there. I went from a normal 30MB per month to over 90MB. I have now switched to the BB Torch and my most recent data usage for 20 days was 14MB. I'm back to the less than 10KB at 7am when my phone automatically turns on. Nothing in the middle of the night anymore. I wish that this issue would get fixed because it is extremely disturbing and has potential to result in some very bad publicity for ATT and Apple. These tech support people who claim they never heard of it are full of it. Not only is it covered in this forum, but the Apple iphone forum has plenty on it as well.

119 of 156 (2,138 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 7:31:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

Here's a completely mystifying set of facts.

Got a new iPhone last month, switched from Unlimited to 200MB plan since I had rarely exceeded that on my 3GS before (usually have wifi, pretty vanilla user, not many apps, none that draw a lot of data usage).  

10 days into the billing cycle I had exceeded the data usage limit;  apparently used 23MB one day, and 110MB the next day. (don't recall ANY unusual use- synced apps through computer, and biggest one is only 40 MB anyway)

But here's the kicker- my new phone under data usage says: Last Reset: Never,  sent: 12MB, received 52MB.

So over the past month my cumulative data usage per the iPhone is 64MB, but ATT has it at 255MB.  

Is there any way that the ATT record could just be wrong?  

Does anyone have any idea where to report this to?  (ATT customer service profoundly uninterested in getting to bottom of it, just gave me $10 credit)

Themosta

16-Sep 2:25 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 6087KB

15-Sep 2:47 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 2236KB

14-Sep 2:17 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 2225KB

13-Sep 2:56 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 110790KB

12-Sep 2:03 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 23565KB

11-Sep 2:00 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 1225KB

10-Sep 2:25 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 4492KB

9-Sep 2:18 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 2590KB

Here's a completely mystifying set of facts.

Got a new iPhone last month, switched from Unlimited to 200MB plan since I had rarely exceeded that on my 3GS before (usually have wifi, pretty vanilla user, not many apps, none that draw a lot of data usage).  

10 days into the billing cycle I had exceeded the data usage limit;  apparently used 23MB one day, and 110MB the next day. (don't recall ANY unusual use- synced apps through computer, and biggest one is only 40 MB anyway)

But here's the kicker- my new phone under data usage says: Last Reset: Never,  sent: 12MB, received 52MB.

So over the past month my cumulative data usage per the iPhone is 64MB, but ATT has it at 255MB.  

Is there any way that the ATT record could just be wrong?  

Does anyone have any idea where to report this to?  (ATT customer service profoundly uninterested in getting to bottom of it, just gave me $10 credit)

Themosta

16-Sep 2:25 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 6087KB

15-Sep 2:47 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 2236KB

14-Sep 2:17 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 2225KB

13-Sep 2:56 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 110790KB

12-Sep 2:03 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 23565KB

11-Sep 2:00 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 1225KB

10-Sep 2:25 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 4492KB

9-Sep 2:18 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 2590KB

Re: iphone 2am unauthorized data usa- Mystifying Data

120 of 156 (2,074 Views)
Advanced