Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Sep 17, 2010
7:09:04 AM
View profile
importing *.ipa app files

i have two folders on my computer for iTunes after updating to v10.  'iTunes' and 'iTunes 1'...  the original 'iTunes' has a folder 'mobile applications' with all the apps i have installed.  the 'iTunes 1' does not have this folder and when i open iTunes v10 it does not recognize these apps.  How do i import these files into the new folder?  i tried to copy the folder to the 'iTunes 1' folder but that didn't work.

i have two folders on my computer for iTunes after updating to v10.  'iTunes' and 'iTunes 1'...  the original 'iTunes' has a folder 'mobile applications' with all the apps i have installed.  the 'iTunes 1' does not have this folder and when i open iTunes v10 it does not recognize these apps.  How do i import these files into the new folder?  i tried to copy the folder to the 'iTunes 1' folder but that didn't work.

Accepted Solution

importing *.ipa app files

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2010 8:29:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You can open iTunes, then drag/drop the IPA files onto the top left pane (where it shows Applications, ...).  I have to use that method to load an app that I beta test for the developer.  I have also used it to restore an older version of an app when the new version was too buggy, or took away features I didn't want to lose.  As I upgrade apps, I keep a backup of the old ones just in case.  By backup folder has grown to about 3GB now...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

You can open iTunes, then drag/drop the IPA files onto the top left pane (where it shows Applications, ...).  I have to use that method to load an app that I beta test for the developer.  I have also used it to restore an older version of an app when the new version was too buggy, or took away features I didn't want to lose.  As I upgrade apps, I keep a backup of the old ones just in case.  By backup folder has grown to about 3GB now...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: importing *.ipa app files

2 of 2 (1,513 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments