importing *.ipa app files

Highlighted
Teacher

importing *.ipa app files

i have two folders on my computer for iTunes after updating to v10.  'iTunes' and 'iTunes 1'...  the original 'iTunes' has a folder 'mobile applications' with all the apps i have installed.  the 'iTunes 1' does not have this folder and when i open iTunes v10 it does not recognize these apps.  How do i import these files into the new folder?  i tried to copy the folder to the 'iTunes 1' folder but that didn't work.

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Master

Re: importing *.ipa app files

You can open iTunes, then drag/drop the IPA files onto the top left pane (where it shows Applications, ...).  I have to use that method to load an app that I beta test for the developer.  I have also used it to restore an older version of an app when the new version was too buggy, or took away features I didn't want to lose.  As I upgrade apps, I keep a backup of the old ones just in case.  By backup folder has grown to about 3GB now...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support