Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 19, 2011
9:57:38 AM
View profile
iTunes Homesharing on WiFi

Does anyone know if this ability is available if you are using the HotSpot on your iPhone as the wifi connection?  I am trying to activate homesharing via wifi so i can be outside on my patio but listen to my iTunes library without dragging my laptop outside too.  Be a lot easier if i could shar via the hotspot connection and just set my iPhone down on the table outside Smiley Wink

Does anyone know if this ability is available if you are using the HotSpot on your iPhone as the wifi connection?  I am trying to activate homesharing via wifi so i can be outside on my patio but listen to my iTunes library without dragging my laptop outside too.  Be a lot easier if i could shar via the hotspot connection and just set my iPhone down on the table outside Smiley Wink

Accepted Solution

iTunes Homesharing on WiFi

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 19, 2011 11:37:09 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Planet-Ed on Mar 19, 2011 at 11:39:01 AM

Home sharing requires a WiFi connection.  If you don't want to take your laptop outside you would have to extend your WiFi network to cover the area outside where you will be.

There are a number of solutions (wired and wireless).

Home sharing requires a WiFi connection.  If you don't want to take your laptop outside you would have to extend your WiFi network to cover the area outside where you will be.

There are a number of solutions (wired and wireless).

Re: iTunes Homesharing on WiFi

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (942 Views)
Solution