The new iPhone 15
sparkless123's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, November 30th, 2014 3:48 PM

iPhone activation

Hi, I need help activating my iPhone 5. It was given to me by a friend. I'm not using the phone as a phone but instead, an ipod. It came with a sim card when given to me. However, when I was setting it up, it said for me to insert a sim card. Which didn't make sense because there was already one inside. So I bought another one and tried it. Same thing, it told me to insert a sim card. I don't know what to do! I really want to use it as an iPod. Please help me out!! Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

kdfederer, the phone still needs to be activated with Apple even to be used as an iPod but as you said, that process should work with any sim.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

It should work with any old SIM. If it is not, there is a problem with the SIM card reader in the phone. You don't need to activate it to use as an iPod. If you activate it, it will be a phone. It should work as an iPod without "activation".

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

@sparkless123 wrote:
Hi, I need help activating my iPhone 5. It was given to me by a friend. I'm not using the phone as a phone but instead, an ipod. It came with a sim card when given to me. However, when I was setting it up, it said for me to insert a sim card. Which didn't make sense because there was already one inside. So I bought another one and tried it. Same thing, it told me to insert a sim card. I don't know what to do! I really want to use it as an iPod. Please help me out!! Thank you!

Are you using iTunes on your computer to set up your iPhone 5 as an ipod?Smiley Surprised

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.