• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@AboutToGoPostal wrote:

AboutToGoPostal! 

iPhone X and newer have two IMEIs and AT&T automated system and humans can't handle that.

Latest screw-up:
This is what they sent me. (Text from 1410100002 to my phone - not the one I'm trying to unlock.)
FRM:mailto:OKCQSUBUN@ATT.COM
SUBJ:Information from AT&T
MSG:We have completed your unlock request. IMEI ending: [**]744 is not eligible for
unlock. If you have any questions please call 1-800 331-0500. Thank you. (End)
OKCQSUBUN@ATT.COM refuses to respond/reply to any emails or explain.  It appears they're looking up each IMEI separately.

Customer service claims to have fixed the problem, twice, and put in another request, twice, but to no avail.

When did you pay off phones?   Still a customer?   Account current?  

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@wjpooley wrote:

Question - if I just paid off the device , do I need to continue to wait for 60 days to unlock the device?  Doesn't seem to make much sense.  I'm having an issue where I activated a new phone on AT&T and then due to work had to port the number over to another carrier.  I've paid off the installment plan and am having issues unlocking the device.  It was active maybe 35-40 days.

If your account is brand new, yes, you have to wait 60 days.  

Scholar

• 

160 Messages

5 years ago

This solution doesn't help me.  I asked for help:

Today I asked a question on these forums & it was moved & falsely marked answered, even though it wasn't, by the staff. Permalink:
https://forums.att.com/t5/Apple/iPhone-Unlocking-Questions-and-Discussion/m-p/5897980/highlight/true#M315433

The mover refuses contact: "Please note that @ATTCares no longer accepts private messages. "

Scholar

• 

160 Messages

5 years ago

I'd like a staff member to contact me to look into this further.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@AboutToGoPostal wrote:

This solution doesn't help me.  I asked for help:

Today I asked a question on these forums & it was moved & falsely marked answered, even though it wasn't, by the staff. Permalink:
https://forums.att.com/t5/Apple/iPhone-Unlocking-Questions-and-Discussion/m-p/5897980/highlight/true#M315433

The mover refuses contact: "Please note that @ATTCares no longer accepts private messages. "

1.  Not your thread.  The answer is marked for the OP, not the 2 later questions.

2.  ATTCares does not moderate, that’s done by a 3rd party, who does not answer questions. 

3.  ATTCares no longer accepts PM, that’s true. 

Scholar

• 

160 Messages

5 years ago

>2. ATTCares does not moderate, that’s done by a 3rd party, who does not answer questions. 

Prove it.  Are you conncted to said 3rd party?

My question is now in a thread marked as answered. So no one but you is paying it any attention.

😞

Scholar

• 

160 Messages

5 years ago

>1. Not your thread. The answer is marked for the OP, not the 2 later questions.

Complete nonsense.  It's hidden in a thread with >350 PAGES of other posts.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

Your not going to get this fixed on here...  File a FCC complaint and wait for Att to contact you.

Scholar

• 

160 Messages

5 years ago

2B2F848E-AD71-4709-8371-3EB04DF439BE.gif
ACE - Sage - wrote, in. Re: Unlock help

Just file an FCC complaint.  

Why would I complain to the FCC?  Why does
 ACE - Expert - write almost the same thing here: 

Your not going to get this fixed on here...  File a FCC complaint and wait for Att to contact you.

The FCC pretty much never addresses individual complaints. 

The FCC writes (at https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov),

We do not resolve individual complaints on these issues and you will not receive status emails about your complaint.

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

That’s correct , they don’t. They forward your complaint, just like the BBB does.   You get a response from someone with a pulse AND a brain AND power to do something from At&t upper management.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.