For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
FN2017's profile

Tutor

• 

32 Messages

Friday, November 17th, 2017 8:42 PM

iPhone X unlock request - Paid in full from AT&T

I got my iPhone X delivered on 11/3/2017. Today is 11/17/2017. I sent an unlock request and got denied. I received this message: "Unfortunately, the device you're trying to unlock is associated with fraud so we can't unlock it". I know AT&T won't unlock new phone within 14 days of purchase. I will try again after a few more days. But does the denied request cause any problem? Or it is safe to try again later? Thanks!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

Did you activate on ATT?

Tutor

• 

32 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, Been using it.

Tutor

• 

32 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, been using it since launch.

Tutor

• 

32 Messages

6 years ago

Can anyone share your experience? Should I need to worry about the denied message? I will try again next week that will be more than 14 days after purchase (activation). I hope it works then.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

I would call about that fraud message first.  It may be the computer didn’t have any reply that fit, so it spit that out, but worth checking.

You can then ask for help from advanced tech support to process unlock.   

You may be asked to provide proof of purchase.

Because it is so soon after release, no one has completed unlock yet.  You get to be the crash test dummy.  Let us know how it goes.  

Last resort, because it will take a week, Message here @ATTCares with proof of purchase.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

A number of customers have reported getting that “fraud” response to their iPhone X unlock request. I guess we won’t know until someone past the 14 day return period posts that they were successful but personally, I see no reason why it wouldn’t be “safe” to put in another request. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

@FN2017-So, did your phone get unlocked after 14 days?

Tutor

• 

32 Messages

6 years ago

I was scared to try again. But I did submit the request again this morning (as it is supposed to be more than 30 days). Unfortunately, I got denied again. I paid full price for the phone, why can't I get it unlock. I need help urgently. I will be going to Asia in a couple weeks. I need to get my device unlocked to be able to use the phone oversea.

Tutor

• 

32 Messages

6 years ago

I just chatted with an At&t agent and she sent a request on my behalf. The phone should be unlocked within 24 - 48 hours. I will report back once my phone got unlocked.

Tutor

• 

32 Messages

6 years ago

Finally got approval email this afternoon. I got my iPhone X unlocked. I tested it with a pre-paid sim card. It works. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.