For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Katdiane's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 2nd, 2017 10:07 PM

iPhone X screen repair

How much does it cost to get your iPhone X screen repaired when you have the AT&T insurance plan?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

ATT does not insure your phone.   Either you have Apple Care Plus from Apple, or Asurion.  Asurion probably does not cover screen repair, but replaces the phone for $225.  The cost or repair through Apple is about $150.  

You should contact Asurion first to verify they do not do $89 screen replacement on that model.  If they say no, then contact Apple.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

ATT does not insure your phone.   Either you have Apple Care Plus from Apple, or Asurion.  Asurion probably does not cover screen repair, but replaces the phone for $225.  The cost or repair through Apple is about $150.  

You should contact Asurion first to verify they do not do $89 screen replacement on that model.  If they say no, then contact Apple.

acutally it may be more for the iphone x

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

Way more than a good case and screen protector.  ☹️

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

6 years ago

@Katdiane wrote:

How much does it cost to get your iPhone X screen repaired when you have the AT&T insurance plan?

Like somebody said, Assurion do insurance claims for AT&T, and normally replace phone. But the iPhone X was released September, it’s unlikely if Assurion has them in stock now. Since alot of people are still waiting for them to be delivered, or be in stores. Probraly best to have Apple repair screen for fee.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@MR_SMiT

Ooo.  I forgot about that.  Asurion has been back ordered on all iPhones 7, 8 and probably the X.  

So either have Apple replace the screen or expect to wait months for Asurion to help you.  

The Apple repair has to be less than $225 deductible 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I bought the insurance.  My screen was cracked.  I called up for repair.  Asurion said they do not yet have the parts for the iPhone X  screen repair.  They said I have to get my phone replaced for $299.  The cost to get it repaired from Apple is $279.  My phone is fine except for the cracked screen.  Their table of deductibles says iPhone X screen repair deductible is $89.  They told me there is nothing more I could do. I paid the deductible, and they sent me a REFURBISHED phone!  So, I am out MORE money than a screen repair without insurance, I have a USED phone, and I am paying on WORTHLESS insurance.  WORSE than worthless!  Know what you're getting into when you purchase an iPhone X, and know that the Asurion insurance is WORTHLESS.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

worse yet if you would have bought apple care+ the repair would only be 29 bucks...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.