Explore & discover

Helpful Links

iPhone X reported as stolen or lost

Contributor

iPhone X reported as stolen or lost

Hi! I’m not costumer of ATT but I bought an IPhone X from second hand store. There wasn’t problems with iCloud or with phone and it was in the box, imei number matched with phone. They said it will be activated in 24 hours after I put SIM card but week passed and nothing changed. Then I researched and found out that the phone was reported as stolen or lost with att.. is it really possible like that? I have no idea about this.I went back to that store but there were totally different people and they didn’t return and didn’t refund my money back. I don’t know what to do and where to go to get started to use this phone. I purchased too much money and they lied me. Please pay attention and help me out with my issue, I beg you just give any information how I can start to use it. Thank you 😔

Message 1 of 2
Master
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎05-30-2019 11:11 AM

Re: iPhone X reported as stolen or lost

Of course it’s possible for someone to steal a phone, sell it to a second hand shop, and that shop sells it to an unknowing customer.  Your only option is to return the phone and get your money back.  Only the person who put the phone on the blacklist can remove it, and AT&T won’t tell you who blacklisted the phone.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support