For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
bebrad42's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 27th, 2017 7:41 AM

Closed

iPhone X Pre-Order Issues

i stay up all night and i keep getting redirected to the att page not the pre order page. i am beyond angry. i want my iphone.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

@Iphonexhopeful I honestly don’t know. I also have space gray for 11/2 - 11/10. I have no idea what’s been going on with the pre-orders. 

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

Wow, thought I'd order myself a new phone.

First ever, as I've not been a fanboy of the Apple devices in the past and work usually gets me a phone. However, nothing beyond 64GB is our (silly policy) so decided to buy my own. This is what happens with poor customer service, not empowering your employees with ability to make decisions and automating your procedures too much.

What a joke ATT is. Note: I work for an entity that does significant work with ATT and I will do all I can to shift business elsewhere whenever I can  (hello Zayo, Level3, Verizon - you just got a lot of business due to a  competitor displaying very poor customer service). I cannot condone business with a company that treats people this way. Be nice to all people at all levels as you never know who they are. 

History....

Initial order date:

10/27/2017 @ 12:01am - spend 45 mins (first 10 waiting for Apple Store to load) figuring out can’t order a “new" phone  without specifying a carrier on Apple site for ATT (unlike iphone8 plus - why the difference?). Got email from Apple with info about inability to contact my wireless verification (used my biz number -  my bad)  but place in line held supposedly. As I said, my bad. So I ordered a 2nd phone figuring I could cancel one, but availability is now mid-December as my ATT order could not be re-processed (don't have an existing number) and end up ordering a T-Mobile thinking I will switch that to ATT if my other order has a problem.

10/27/2017 - 35 mins ordering phone on ATT. At 1:16am I have order #22-3377203168xxxxxx. CC does initial pre-lim charge. All is good. 
10/28/2017 @ 13:42 - ATT email - Your order is pending. - Awesome!!! Estimated delivery is 11/3-10. CC not charged yet. All is great as I'm very happy with one week seeing the order now at 4-5 weeks for others but I only need to resolved whatever is making my order "pending".
10/28/2017 @ 15:23-36 I call 800-331-0500. Eventually told must go show ID at store. why....? Told it is because it is a new account and they just need to verify some info but it must be one at a store (seriously?).
10/31/2017 @ 9am go to ATT store in PA at Page Mill and El Camino. ATT person in store is amazing. He feels my pain and can't understand what is going on either. I spend 1 hour 30 mins providing address, DL ID, SSN (no privacy in store with lots of people around possibly hearing all of this) for credit check (what the heck?) and issued new order: 56-828000000xxxxxx. Est. ship date 11/2-9. Very hopeful!!! Actually better than before.
10/31/2017@ 9:40 am receive “verify billing" email. I do that. 
10/31/2017@ 10:07 am receive “Acceptance of terms & conditions" email. I both read and acknowledged/accept/click-thru, going through the, at least 3-part, acceptance/check-box (horrible UI)  forms.....
11/1/2017 @ 4:04 pm - About 60 mins before boarding a business flight.... "Order cancelled" email. Email states I was sent an “initial request on 10/31/2017” and a reminder on 10/31/2017 and that I didn’t accept the terms and conditions. See above.... This insinuates two notifications and that ATT took care to reach out to me. There was nothing but the two emails I responded to.
I call from airport lobby shortly before my flight and I am told, some sort of account confusion within ATT due to having another account (my son’s acct? my business acct?, what the heck?) that resulted in an automated system rejecting my order. I am issued a trouble-ticket:  ERAM8750000013X. However there is no way I can call them....
I call back on 11/1/2017 after I hit my hotel, but all phone banks closed after 9pm message.... Really ATT? 
11/2/2017 @ 10:58 am I receive a call back on my TT:  ERAM8750000013X. While waiting for a supervisor, I am hung up on or the call is dropped. They don't call back.... I try calling them but the line immediately goes to a dropped call ping.
11/2/2017 @ 20:43 I call back from my home after my business trip. I am transferred around again (typical is to spend about 45 mins getting to anybody who seems like they "might" be able to help) . I am told my order will be resubmitted. Phone hangs up or drops after 32 minutes of waiting…. 

Hello Verizon. You will be getting my personal business. Anybody else my institution deals with, I will persuade not to use ATT. I am somebody of influence you should not have crossed. Not enough to make you hurt as you're now a company that doesn't really care, but you will receive a lot less money from us. And I'll bring up this story from time to time with our account team. 

(edited)

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

I spoke with an AT&T rep this morning as I am still "In Progress" for 11/2-11/10. She assured me that I would get my phone within the time frame, but couldn't tell me any shipping details other than it would be in that time frame. She also said she would note my account to ensure I was a priority to get it within the dates...Cough...yeah right....cough.... So the wait continues. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

@Iphonexhopeful Same here. All I get is that “your order is fine,” “it’ll ship on the said time frame”. I ordered like an hour or two before my friends and their orders shipped yesterday already. I guess it’s also a thing about location. 

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I bit the bullet, and waited outside of the Apple store this morning. Got my iPhone X 256gb in Space Grey!! And cancelled my ATT order that was set to ship in December. I can’t believe how horrible ATT’s customer service is. I truly believe next year, I am switching to Verizon.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

So I am currently going through the same mess everyone else seems to be going through with the new iPhone X. I preordered 3 phones and for a week now I’ve been told a couple different stories by their customer service. My order status is all screwed up, showing canceled items and that only one was shipping. Sure enough I get 2 phones today and now they tell me my third one won’t be here until mid December. What’s the deal with them right now? I will be sure to pack up and move on over to another carrier when the phone does becomes available. I may even end up staying with the 7 plus for another year while everyone participates in Apples test run of the future. 

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

Update:

My work just offered to buy me a Verizon iphoneX and switch my biz number from ATT to Verizon. So much better than having to buy my own X, have a 2nd number to juggle and pay ATT any $$$ for service. Guess they just lost two contracts. Next up, cancelling DirectTV, and moving my son's phone off ATT to Verizon too. Apparently work says a lot of people are now requesting to get Verizon over ATT.

ATT really needs to improve their customer service. Best was a business meeting to discuss ordering new WAN circuits. Guess which company's name didn't come up. Hello CenturyLink and Zayo.... 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

In the forum on a previous post, there was someone that stated that they had a "ship" date of later than nov 2-10 and was promised their phone by Nov 3rd if I read that correctly.  Was there anyone with a tenative ship date of Nov 2-10 that has actually recieved their phone already or a message that it has actually shipped as of yet?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I got same problem. No phone delivered today even though they already took the tax payment out of my account. After 4 hrs on phone they tell me I gave to cancel my order and start over. So I go to cancel and am them told it can’t be cancelled for an unknown reason and all I can do is wait a few weeks for it to cancel on it’s own. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Terrible experience today with order of iPhone X. Got up last week at 3am est to make sure I could get delivery date for today.
Called during the week because my order was still showing in progress and was told delivery would be today.
Today comes and goes and no phone. Call att and for 2 hrs no seems to know why it won’t process. Tax money was ready paid and taken out of my account last week we i preordered.
After another hr on phone finally a person says something didn’t process correctly and I would have to cancel my order for the 2 phones and reorder but now the wait time is early December.
So I get transferred to person to cancel and he says he is unable to cancel the order and he doesn’t know why he can’t do it. Says my only option is the wait a couple weeks and it will cancel on its own and then I can try again.
Besides the fact I’m not getting the 2 phones today I’m also not getting the money I already paid.
Terrible customer service and a waste of 4 hrs on the phone To nowhere. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.