Explore & discover

Helpful Links

iPhone X Pre-Order Cancelled

Teacher

iPhone X Pre-Order Cancelled

I stayed up to pre-order an iPhone X, created a new account with AT&T, and was confirmed to receive the phone Nov 3. Today around noon, I received an email telling me the order was cancelled. I called into AT&T and first was told the sale department can't help, so I need to call the e-commerce department, then the e-commerce department told me I had to go to a store, then the store manager told me it's because they "couldn't contact me for a few days", which is not possible as I did this last night, and he told me to call customer service.

Is there any accountability at this company? This has never happened to me with other carriers, can't believe AT&T doesn't want new business.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 150
Teacher

Re: iPhone X Order Cancelled?

Just a quick update. I went to the AT&T store today after someone mentioned there was a fixed. The store manager submitted a ticket. A few hours later, my delivery date was changed to 11/3. I also got a UPS delivery notification. The solutions works Smiley Happy

Message 121 of 150
Teacher

I wish I could 200 miles away from a att store.
Message 122 of 150

I called at&t on ‭(866) 267-4510‬. Ther reordered it for me. Getting it delivered tomorrow. 

Message 123 of 150
Tutor

Did not work in the Newburgh Ny ATT store
Message 124 of 150

I don't consider this issue solved. I've been following this thread hoping for a concrete solution but I don't think one has been found. 

I've spent 5 or 6 hours (I was keeping a tally but lost track) on the phone over several days and many different departments trying to figure out what happened to my order. Nobody can explain why it was cancelled, one agent saw the order timestamp -- it took me forever to get through the order processing so it was after 4am ET -- but the fact that I stayed up til wee hours to order this device apparently means nothing? Back of the line for me? 

I went to my local AT&T store and they were quite literally clueless, and I don't mean that to impugn their intelligence, they truly had no idea that people have been having issues with their pre-orders being randomly cancelled. They told me to call -- ha! -- and that someone could make it right, but nobody is making it right. And I'm not blaming anyone with whom I've spoken because it's not their faults, but nor is it mine! The only "solution" anyone has offered is to re-order and that's with a ship date 6 weeks from my original promised delivery date: today!

We've been loyal customers for over 15 years and I'm appalled and beyond frustrated that nothing is being done to fix this. I wouldn't be upset but I've got a 3-year-old 6 plus that won't keep a charge, I've only held onto it this long because I knew there'd be an "anniversary edition" this year. *stomps feet and cries for 6 weeks*

Message 125 of 150
Contributor

SAME exact thing has happened to me and absolutely no solution.

Message 126 of 150

After explaining my situation (cancelled pre-order) to literally everybody I could find at both Apple and AT&T, both in person and on the telephone, an extremely helpful manager at my nearest Apple retail store (over three hours away) managed to snag me a reservation as long as I picked it up today between 3pm and 9pm. This hero could've easily passed the buck like the twenty before him, but instead, he went out of the way to make the situation right. The manager, Brandon, was greeted with a nice bottle of whiskey for his exemplary customer service.

My apologies go out to those in the same situation--there clearly need to be better safeguards in place to make sure this doesn't happen again. Ultimately, a random Apple rep (who really didn't have any responsibility for my "account" or even my botched pre-order) ended up fixing my problem. He was the last person I expected to help. Keep trying!!!

AT&T--you guys are the worst. My local business representative should've pulled a "Brandon," or at least told me how and when to pre-order so that it wouldn't be cancelled without explanation. 

Message 127 of 150
Tutor

Re: iPhone X Pre-Order Cancelled - No Reason Provided

Same thing happening to me. My order was processed at 3:09 am est. deliver for the 3rd. Same as you said in progress but it never changed. Spent 5 hrs on phone today to find out nothing but my order had a processing error and Mynonlymoption was to cancel and reorder. So I get transferred to cancel the order and I am told the order can’t be cancelled and I need to wait until it cancels on its own and then I can try again. Also no refund of the tax money I already paid until then. 

Message 128 of 150

Iphone x is available at all Apple store right now, I just booked mine. 

Message 129 of 150
Contributor

I would not switch to T-mobile.  They just did they exact same thing to our order.  Cancelled it and tried to blame our bank for denying it. Got bank on phone with TMobile and then alll of a sudden they are experience credit card denials from Iphone X orders only.  Really when does the credit card transaction say the reason for purchase and then selectively denies iphone x purchases only.  REALLY I wasn't born yesterday.  TMobile can't fill the orders they took so they selectively cancelling orders and trying to blame the customer.  Stand up TMobile and own up to your mistakes.

Message 130 of 150
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support