The new iPhone 15
atandtwhy's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Friday, October 27th, 2017 8:29 PM

Closed

iPhone X Pre-Order Cancelled

I stayed up to pre-order an iPhone X, created a new account with AT&T, and was confirmed to receive the phone Nov 3. Today around noon, I received an email telling me the order was cancelled. I called into AT&T and first was told the sale department can't help, so I need to call the e-commerce department, then the e-commerce department told me I had to go to a store, then the store manager told me it's because they "couldn't contact me for a few days", which is not possible as I did this last night, and he told me to call customer service.

Is there any accountability at this company? This has never happened to me with other carriers, can't believe AT&T doesn't want new business.

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

Hi @Civilchaos2103!

I see you received a reply from AT&T, I hope the rest of us do as well!  I just sent a pvt msg, so we will see.

Enjoy your new iPhone!

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

I sent a private message too. Hopefully they wil not only respond but fix what is their fault.

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

Haha, well said, I hope they fix their egregious "error" too and just deliver on what they, AT&T, promised!

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

I spoke to my local AT&T business rep today about the issue. He told me there was nothing he could do to fix the situation and was unwilling to reach out to a local AT&T store to solve the problem. I've spent over twelve hours on the phone now with reps from AT&T and Apple. Neither party is willing to honor the 11/3 reservation I was given...in writing...twice. The email says "We've set aside an iPhone for you." Ridiculous. Both of you. Shame.

giphy.gif

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

Hey @danieljromine

Wow, that ridiculous does AT&T not have any shame?!?  There is just no possible way this could be an error on AT&T's behalf…  HONEST companies ADMIT their MISTAKES, CORRECT THEIR MISTAKES, and PUT IN PLACE NEW PROCESSES so the mistakes do not occur in the future.  I feel your disgust.

This just in today as published in WSJ...  

I voiced my concern (address below) with FTC... MONEY is the only thing that is sacred to AT&T…

U.S. Weighs Suit Against AT&T's Deal for Time Warner

The Justice Department is actively considering a lawsuit to challenge AT&T's planned acquisition of Time Warner, according to people familiar with the matter.

The department's antitrust division is preparing for litigation in case it decides to sue to block the deal, these people said. Simultaneously, the department and the companies are discussing possible settlement terms that would lead to the deal--valued at $85 billion when it was announced last year--winning government approval with conditions attached. The two sides, however, aren't yet close to an agreement, the people said. The outcome could go either way and the timing of any decision remains uncertain, the people said.

FTC Complaint Assistant: www. ftccomplaintassistant. gov

#AttTheNewComcast!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Well, we went to our local ATT store today. The experience continued. The store representative did not care about the ordeal we had been through and said there was nothing she could do for us.

My wife and I woke up at 245am est and began to use the Att iOS mobile app. After waiting in que and then having that fail several times we finally went onto the Att website and received confirmation at 400am that our order was placed and would be delivered November 3. Then at 800am I received an email explaining that my order was pending and I had to call. Thad when the nightmare really began. I cannot believe that Att would treat a long time customer this way.

Today was the icing on the cake. #shameshame

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for this I plan to file a complaint with fcc as well

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

It used to be that companies actually valued, respected and worked hard to EARN longterm customers, I see in both of our situations, AT&T has demonstrated a flagrant disregard for their customers.  Shame.

#AttTheNewComcast!

Untitled 33.pngLoyalty pays? Not so at AT&T.

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

How to File Consumer Complaints Against ATT Wireless
By Kimberly Hodgkin | Techwalla.com
Full Article: How to File Consumer Complaints Against ATT Wireless

[Edited to comply with Guidelines.]

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Just a quick update. I went to the AT&T store today after someone mentioned there was a fixed. The store manager submitted a ticket. A few hours later, my delivery date was changed to 11/3. I also got a UPS delivery notification. The solutions works Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.