The new iPhone 15
atandtwhy's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Friday, October 27th, 2017 8:29 PM

Closed

iPhone X Pre-Order Cancelled

I stayed up to pre-order an iPhone X, created a new account with AT&T, and was confirmed to receive the phone Nov 3. Today around noon, I received an email telling me the order was cancelled. I called into AT&T and first was told the sale department can't help, so I need to call the e-commerce department, then the e-commerce department told me I had to go to a store, then the store manager told me it's because they "couldn't contact me for a few days", which is not possible as I did this last night, and he told me to call customer service.

Is there any accountability at this company? This has never happened to me with other carriers, can't believe AT&T doesn't want new business.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I am having the exact same experience, have wasted 3 hours on the phone so far.  They sent me the confirmation email, they charged my credit card for the taxes, and then cancelled my order.  They can't explain it, it is a circus, I have been transferred and hung up on numerous times, it is a total joke.  All they tell me to do is to reorder and get my phone sometime in late December, no concern what so ever. 

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I saw in a thread AT&T was able to fix this for people that had the SAME problem for the iPhone 6 launch. Hopefully AT&T cares MORE now than they did in 2014.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Apple/Why-was-my-order-cancelled/td-p/4151694 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I had the same problem and it' so frustrating. I stayed last up night just to make sure that I was able to pre-order it with a delivery date of Nov. 3. Everything went fairly smoothly. I got the confirmation email that my order was placed and with an estimated delivery of Nov. 3. I checked my bank account, and indeed I was charged the amount I paid when ordering. I also looked at myATT account and it also confirms that my order is being processed. It seemed everything went through. I went to sleep a happy camper.

This morning, I checked myATT status order just to make sure that no mishaps has happened. Lo and behold, I see my order status as CANCELED. I did not receive any email regarding the cancellation and the order status provided little to no reasoning as to why my order was canceled. I called customer service to get the matter straightened out. First customer service agent spent 20 minutes trying to figure out why my order was canceled. I was placed on hold multiple times, going back and forth, ensuring that it is being looked at by a manager. After being on hold for 20 minutes, my call was ended. I waited 10-15 minutes for the customer representative to call me back, but no call back. 

I decided to call back again, and finally got a hold of another customer service representative. I provided again my inquiry and she assured me that my order is still in progress on her end. I told her that that's not what I see on my end and asked her if she could look into it. During this time, I finally received the cancellation email from ATT. The email states: "We couldn't confirm your identity with the information you gave us, so we had to cancel your order. Don't worry. If there was a hold on your card, we'll release the funds soon." I then read the email to the customer service agent, and asked the reason why it was cancelled, since the email was very vague. I was then again placed on hold. Another 10 minutes passed, I was then transferred to another customer service representative and asked the reason I was calling. At this point, I was very frustrated because of the run around I was getting. The THIRD customer service agent looked into my order again and she in fact confirmed that my order was canceled. She could not find the reason why it was canceled, nor tried to looked in my order further.  She asked if I would like her to place another order for me, which I then said Yes, if she could provide the same delivery date of Nov 3. She reassures me that she is able to request my original delivery date, but it's hard to believe anything I am told because of this experience.

Definitely frustrated with this company and I now I ask myself why I've been with them for almost 20 years.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

AT&T... You gotta fix this... Both new and old customers are frustrated.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Loyal customer of 10 years:

Well, really gotta take my hat off to AT&T customer service. Woke up early to pre-order the iphone X online this morning, after 20 mins of waiting in line got my order submitted with email confirmation. When I checked the order status this morning, my order had been cancelled. After 4 calls, a collective 3.5 hours of being passed off to customer service, e commerce, online sales, and customer loyalty, I finally was told that because my shipping address didn't match my billing address, the order was cancelled due to 'security' reasons. I opted to have the phone shipped to my place of work (a school) because I've multiple packages stolen from my home doorstep and decided I can't risk that anymore. I was finally told to go to a retail store to again pre order the phone, but when I arrived I was told that due to demand, stores were not taking pre orders. 

I completely understand, the demand for the iphone X is insane. Regardless, after hours on the phone confirming and re-confirming who I was and why I wanted the phone shipped to my work, I was never offered any solution other than re-submit the order online and have it shipped to my home. Even better, the phone is now estimated to ship around the same time I am getting married and will be on my honeymoon in mid-december. 

I'm not one to go full on customer service assassin, but has anyone experienced this level (or lack thereof) of customer service from AT&T? If so, were you offered anything to compensate for your troubles? 3.5 Hours Being Tossed aroumd by AT&T Customer Service

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

They are reading from a script, shutting me down hard.  They claim I made an error when ordering, but I placed 2 identical orders, received the same confirmation email and my CC was charged for the taxes.  I still have no confirmation that it has been cancelled.  But nobody can find my order.  

Update:  I was given this number to call 800-331-0500, I believe it is the retention team, if not it was a very experienced rep.  She told me the system crashed last night, so many orders that were placed are not actually cancelled and they are trying to get them all added back onto the system.  Every rep I talked to, could not see my order and told me to cancel and to place a new order, and the new delivery dates will apply.  This rep told me to absolutely not cancel and wait for it show up on the system, I will then receive an email update and my order will remain in the que per the original order time and shipping dates.  Hoping this turns out to be true. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

SAME ISSUE HAPPENED TO ME....I AM SO FRUSTRATED, ANGRY AND TIRED!!!!!!  getting up at2:00 am and now my order is cancelled!!!!  WHAT CAN WE DO??????

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I emailed the CEO. We will see if he lives by ATTCARES.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Now the date of delivery will be December!!!!  I was on the phone for almost three hours today!!! and their response ...."sorry"

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am so glad that I am not the only one that experienced this problem and I have to say this may have been the worst possible service anyone could have experienced. Not only did I get tossed around from one customer service to another, no-one could explain the reasoning behind why my order was cancelled. 

At one point I was chatting with a customer service representative on the phone and was being transferred for the 3rd time, they actually ended up making me wait on the phone for 15 minutes only to be transferred to a Spanish speaking representative. Unbelievable.... 

Then here is the kicker, I decided to see if chatting with someone would help and I asked for someone to call me to get this issue resolved. aroudn 3 minutes later, I received a phone call from an unknown number and picked up. This person claiming to be from AT&T and said he would help fix all my issues. During the call I heard outside noises, which concerned me. He then started to ask a basic list of questions about my name, phone number, etc. At that point he asked me for my Driver License number (at that point was starting to get suspicious). He then put me on hold, I would have assumed some background music would play but I was just on mute. He then asked for my account number and credit card information. At that point I hung up confused due to additional background car noises. I still don't know what happened here... This still confuses me and am guarding my credit card statement to see any activities of fraud. 

So then contacted another Customer service and told them my concern about that call and wanted to see if there was any record. GUESS WHAT?? No one knew about that call and could not tell me who called me!!!!! WHAT in the world happened? Someone give me some answers!

Since then I have called a couple more time and have not had any luck without reasoning to why my order got cancelled. This has been by far the worst and confusing experience. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.