Explore & discover

Helpful Links

iPhone X Ordered! Let the countdown begin!

Mentor

iPhone X Ordered! Let the countdown begin!

Give your order specs, estimated delivery date, and where you ordered from. Let's keep each other updated on our order progress.

SPECS: iPhone X, 256GB, Silver (GSM) AT&T
DELIVERS: 03 Nov, 2017 by Standard Shipping
ORDERED: Directly through the Apple website

iphone-x-silver-space-gray.jpg

Message 1 of 1,221
Mentor

Re: Shipping date changed? What’s your date?

I am upgrading from an iPhone 6s Plus 128 gb to the iPhone X 256 gb and my order status is: "In Progress" and Estimated ship dates: "November 2, 2017 - November 10, 2017".  I do not have a confirmation shipping email as of 12:35 PM EST (10/31/2017).  

Tried the UPS tracking trick above with no luck.

I also chatted with customer care through the app and the says rest assured my phone will be shipped on the estimated dates.  I have never upgraded a phone with AT&T so if this is the norm...I do not have a ton of confidence.

Message 61 of 1,221
Scholar

Just got done with ATandT chat and they assured me the status was going to change to just have patience, oh the agony

When I chat with them I refuse to give them order details.

Message 62 of 1,221
Mentor

My status still says "Preparing to ship" as of 10:30am PT (with a 11/3 Delivery By date).  I no longer have an option to cancel my order on the ATT status page, so hopefully a sign of some progress.  I tried the UPS tracking trick with my phone # as the reference number, but alas no luck as of yet.  I'm having the phone delivered to my work address, not sure if that impacts the tracking functions at all...

Message 63 of 1,221
Scholar

ATandT uses FedEx and USPS, doubt they use UPS

From what I was able to pick up last year and this year, got my AirPods delivered by FedEx when I ordered them through ATandT

On that AirPods order my status never changed from in progress

Message 64 of 1,221
Mentor

@iPhoneOwner Good to know re: UPS vs. FedEx for ATT--did you get a tracking number for your AirPods outside of the "my status" page?  

Message 65 of 1,221
Scholar

I got one the same day as delivery

Took them 3 days to send order details, really was in a loop if order went through or if I lost my money to system error. I had order system errors in the past from different sites, mostly Best Buy.

In total it was a 10 day when it was supposed to be a 5 day

Message 66 of 1,221
Mentor

Oh jeeze--definitely good to know.  Hopefully ATT's got it figured out for the X and people here will start getting tracking numbers soon...

Message 67 of 1,221
Mentor

For those of you with a "preparing to ship" status on the order status page, does it say anything about backordered when you use the *6737# method to track ?

Mine still says "processing".  I did receive the "We're good to go" email showing Nov 3rd.  Status page still says Nov 3rd.  But *6737# says "The items in your order are currently on back order, and we will notify you by email as soon as these items ship."

Rollercoaster of emotions.                      

Message 68 of 1,221
Scholar

@Alex673 We in the same boat, must be the Titanic.

No one really knows when, good to know Apple already started shipping from China. ATandT usually ships out from Texas.

People with inclement weather might miss Friday’s release if ATandT does overnight shipping

Message 69 of 1,221
Scholar

Sorry but I don’t understand why you guys are wasting yours and AT&T customer services time by calling them regarding your November 2-10 shipping orders. I don’t think you guys understand how this works. Listen, Nov 2-10 is NOT delivery date, it is just shipping date. So why would anyone think that their order status will change before Nov 2 is beyond me. Not only that, any order after the launch date is shippied via standard shipping. Which means add another 5-6 days to deliver (depending on the day of the week it was shipped) to your shipping date. So you all you should expect to see your phone after Nov 10. There is no point in calling ATT and wasting everyone’s time. 

As far as Nov 3 delivery date goes, we should see the status change from “preparing to ship” to “shipped” by tonight because it has to get here by Thursday. 

Message 70 of 1,221
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support