The new iPhone 15
IPhoneXhated's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, May 6th, 2018 7:17 PM

iPhone X Continouse Problems

I have been purchasing Microsoft products all my life, from IPhone 5-5c-6-6+ and now the IPhone X". I have been totally satisfied with all my IPhone's until the IPhone X. I did the pre-order for the IPhone X through my service provider AT&T and recieved the IPhoneX the beginning of December. Upon opening it I was immediately stunned at the small size. The operation of transferring my information from my old IPhone to the new IPhoneX was really great, but really screwed up my Contacts. I use several email addresses and when it came to downloading my mail, let's just say it was all messed up. The phone shuts off intermintantly, it over heats, flash doesn't always work, and how long will the finish on the rim stay nice with the oils from our hands. I have a screen and case protector on the IphoneX. I noticed yesterday the screen had cracked from the heat. I had insurance through Assurin from AT&T on the IPhone X but my cost is $299, so now I have spent over $1,400 for the most expensive IPhone ever and the most disappointing. I know why people are buying droids. I used to feel special owning a IPhone, now I feel stupid for buying it. I now owe a lot of money on this IPhoneX and wish they would take it back and pay off my IPhoneX.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Microsoft?  

The iPhone is an Apple product and only they warranty the phone.  Contact them directly for a warranty replacement.   

It is up to you to create a back up to a computer or buy extra iCloud storage if needed to back up completely.   Neither ATT, Apple or Microsoft is responsible for your data.

Im not an iPhone fan, but they produce quality devices and have an excellent warranty.   But you have to take them up on the warranty, not wait for a phone to crack under overheating. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

My iPhone XS is overheating.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks.  Just got the iPhone today, laid it down, picked it up after about 4 hours and it was heated front and back..

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I was one of the first to order an iPhone X. A few days after I received it I think in November 2018 it overheated and cracked the glass. I had to pay a deductible and get the phone replaced. Now it’s February 2019 my phone is completely hung up and has to be replaced again With a large deductible. This is the worst iPhoneI have ever had. And I have had lots of them.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@oliverslang wrote:

Thanks.  Just got the iPhone today, laid it down, picked it up after about 4 hours and it was heated front and back..

Read the solution post.  Defective iPhones must be warranted with Apple directly.  Carriers DO NOT do iphone warranty exchanges.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@IPhoneXhated wrote:
I was one of the first to order an iPhone X. A few days after I received it I think in November 2018 it overheated and cracked the glass. I had to pay a deductible and get the phone replaced. Now it’s February 2019 my phone is completely hung up and has to be replaced again With a large deductible. This is the worst iPhoneI have ever had. And I have had lots of them.

Your iPhone X was defective from day 1.  And you might want to read your old post, it cracked 6 months after you got it, not a few days.   You had more than 6 months to get a warranty replacement from Apple and did not, despite the complaints and concerns with the phone.  The transfer of data from iPhone to iPhone hasn’t changed, but the over heating issue alone was reason to return or replace the phone.  But you waited.  

Once it cracked your warranty was void.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.