• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have tried to navigate the unlock portal but don't think I successfully got my iPhone unlocked. I don't have an email with a request number to use to check my unlock status. Is there any way to find the request number or to determine by other means if my device unlock request was completed?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

If you didn't get an email, you never verified and unlock will be canceled in 24 hours.  

IMG_5470.PNGIMG_5473.JPGIMG_5472.PNG

3 Attachments

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am trying to figure out how to ublicj my phone,i was sent a blank page.... please help.

Thank you

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I attempt to unlock my apple iphone 6 on at&t website and submit some documents, but i got an email saying that they cannot unlock my phone because it is not a consumer device... i do not know what it means. Does it mean that I would never unlock my phone? 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Theyre doing the same with me too. Ive been requesting to unlock my phone several times. Ive paid this for cash but theyre not entertaining my concern. I bought this in texas under bestbuy store. I cant even logged in to chat the support group. I think chatting is only available for their subscribers.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I cant unlock my phone through AT&T. Theyve been sending email replies stating that they cant continue processing my request. This is because my phones info were diff to that in their database. How can that be?

Former Employee

• 

51 Messages

7 years ago

Device requirements for ALL requests

Devices must:

*Be designed for use on, and locked to, the AT&T network. (Questions? See Device unlock support)
*Not be reported lost or stolen
*Not be involved with fraudulent activity
*Have all service commitments and installment plans completed and all early termination fees paid in full
*Not currently be active on a different AT&T customer's account

Not an AT&T customer?
If you don't have an AT&T wireless account for the device you're unlocking, the device still must meet all these requirements.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1008728

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Bought a prepaid AT&T Go Phone 32GB IPhone SE from Best Buy 4 days ago paying FULL price. Talked to AT&T customer service rep asking how to unlock the phone to be able to use overseas as I am travelling. The rep advised that either request to unlock online which can take up to 2 working days or go to an AT&T store which can take care of the issue within 1 hour.  I requested it online but still haven't received any response back regarding how to unlock.  Any advice?

Regards

Manny

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

You are probably not going to get your unlock request approved. Since you bought the iPhone SE gophone, you likely did not pay full price. The iPhone SE gophone is priced lower than standard SE models and has a requirement for 6 months gophone service before it will be unlocked. If you bought the phone just for international travel, your best bet is to return it and buy an already unlocked phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I paid $199.99 which is the same price AT&T is asking for in the store as well as on their website.  Also, I have the entire chat conversation transcript I had with AT&T rep who said "Yes, you need to have the service for 6 months, but if you are travelling overseas, you can ask to get it unlocked at an AT&T store or online".  That's why I asked to get it unlocked online.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.