• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How to Check the Network with imei number? I have an iPhone 6 but i have no idea this network belongs to AT&T, SPRINT or  verizon. How to unlock legally if its locked. Please answer 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Got email fron AT&T with confirmation link

The link leads to the page that has no confirmation details

ATT.png
And when i check status i see message "Your unlock request is on hold until we receive your confirmation."

Is there any solution?

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm from the Philippines and my new iPhone 7 was a gift to me but it's locked with AT&T. I would like to unlock it but the link does not work. Can anyone lead me to a different link?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

My son's iPhone 6 is disabled. We have tried all Apple procedures which didn't work. We've tried hard shut done, removing AT&T sim & nothing worked. He does not have iTunes or iCloud acts. to sync with. He also had the "do not disturb" on. Will getting a new SIM work to unlock? We've submitted unlock request a 8 days ago, but have not received a response. What can we do?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Not enough information.  But I don't see how carrier unlocking it will have any effect.

Why is it disabled?   Disabled iPhone usually indicates the locksceen passcode was entered wrong multiple times and is locked him out.

Is he the original owner?   If not, is the original owner available.  iCloud lock can only be removed by the person who locked it.  Not ATT or Apple.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, my son forgot his passcode & did multiple passcodes resulting in being disabled & locked out. We are the original owners, purchased thru our AT&T account.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Also, since Apple was unable to help us with this issue they suggested to contact our carrier.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

I'm having an issue with unlocking two of my iPhone 6's, both were purchased a couple of years ago at a AT&T store,

when I submit to the unlocking portal, after about 20 minutes, I get the status of being denied

"Your unlock request was denied because the account information doesn’t match our records."

I have triple checked the information, everything is accurate.  Yet I am still denied.

Where should I go from here?   I sent a PM to @ATTMobilityCare

regarding this, with account information.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi everyone,

the same problem here.

Until 21st of April, 2017, all prepaid/gophones could be unlocked by using AT&T device unlock portal.

Starting from that date, all requests are rejected by stating this reason:

We can’t unlock this device because it hasn’t been active for at least six months of paid service.

That's kind embarrassing, really. Previously we could do it and now it is rejected.

I would like to hear from some technician from AT&T, can we expect any sign of reversal ? Is it going to be fixed somehow?

Thanks.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@pamelajleon wrote:
Yes, my son forgot his passcode & did multiple passcodes resulting in being disabled & locked out. We are the original owners, purchased thru our AT&T account.

@pamelajleon

Per Apple....   https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.