iPhone Unlocking Questions and Discussion

Community Manager

iPhone Unlocking Questions and Discussion

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 1,759
Highlighted
Contributor

Can`t confirm unlock request

Got email fron AT&T with confirmation link

The link leads to the page that has no confirmation details

ATT.png
And when i check status i see message "Your unlock request is on hold until we receive your confirmation."

Is there any solution?

Tags (1)
Message 1751 of 1,759
Contributor

Unlocking Device

I'm from the Philippines and my new iPhone 7 was a gift to me but it's locked with AT&T. I would like to unlock it but the link does not work. Can anyone lead me to a different link?

Message 1752 of 1,759
Contributor

Unlock Phone

My son's iPhone 6 is disabled. We have tried all Apple procedures which didn't work. We've tried hard shut done, removing AT&T sim & nothing worked. He does not have iTunes or iCloud acts. to sync with. He also had the "do not disturb" on. Will getting a new SIM work to unlock? We've submitted unlock request a 8 days ago, but have not received a response. What can we do?
Message 1753 of 1,759
ACE - Expert

Re: Unlock Phone

Not enough information.  But I don't see how carrier unlocking it will have any effect.

Why is it disabled?   Disabled iPhone usually indicates the locksceen passcode was entered wrong multiple times and is locked him out.

Is he the original owner?   If not, is the original owner available.  iCloud lock can only be removed by the person who locked it.  Not ATT or Apple.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1754 of 1,759
Contributor

Yes, my son forgot his passcode & did multiple passcodes resulting in being disabled & locked out. We are the original owners, purchased thru our AT&T account.
Message 1755 of 1,759
Contributor

Also, since Apple was unable to help us with this issue they suggested to contact our carrier.
Message 1756 of 1,759
Contributor

I'm having an issue with unlocking two of my iPhone 6's, both were purchased a couple of years ago at a AT&T store,

when I submit to the unlocking portal, after about 20 minutes, I get the status of being denied

"Your unlock request was denied because the account information doesn’t match our records."

I have triple checked the information, everything is accurate.  Yet I am still denied.

Where should I go from here?   I sent a PM to @

Message 1757 of 1,759
Contributor

Re: Please help me my iphone 6

Hi everyone,

the same problem here.

Until 21st of April, 2017, all prepaid/gophones could be unlocked by using AT&T device unlock portal.

Starting from that date, all requests are rejected by stating this reason:

We can’t unlock this device because it hasn’t been active for at least six months of paid service.

That's kind embarrassing, really. Previously we could do it and now it is rejected.

I would like to hear from some technician from AT&T, can we expect any sign of reversal ? Is it going to be fixed somehow?

Thanks.

Message 1758 of 1,759
ACE - Expert

pamelajleon wrote:
Yes, my son forgot his passcode & did multiple passcodes resulting in being disabled & locked out. We are the original owners, purchased thru our AT&T account.

@pamelajleon

Per Apple....   https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1759 of 1,759
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support