Helpful Links

iPhone Unlocking Questions and Discussion

Community Manager

iPhone Unlocking Questions and Discussion

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 2,007
Anonymous
N/A

Unlock my iPhone 5C

Dear Sir,

I want to unlock my iPhone with the following IMEI: ***. 

Apple support center confirms that it is locked to AT&T while AT&T says no it does not belong to them. I am confused.

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 1751 of 2,007
ACE - Expert

Re: Unlock my iPhone 5C

@mamorsy86

NEVER POST IMEI numbers on a public forum.

Was the phone used on the AT&T network? If it wasn't AT&T has no record of the IMEI number.

You will need to private message @ATTMobilityCare through this forum with your account and contact information and concern. If anyone can help, they can.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1752 of 2,007
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unlock my iPhone 5C

@kdfederer

Yes, the sim card is still there in the phone but I have no information about it (like number or username) because I have purchased the phone from a previous user.

Message 1753 of 2,007
Contributor

Iphone Unlocing

How to Check the Network with imei number? I have an iPhone 6 but i have no idea this network belongs to AT&T, SPRINT or  verizon. How to unlock legally if its locked. Please answer 

Message 1754 of 2,007
Highlighted
Contributor

Can`t confirm unlock request

Got email fron AT&T with confirmation link

The link leads to the page that has no confirmation details

ATT.png
And when i check status i see message "Your unlock request is on hold until we receive your confirmation."

Is there any solution?

Tags (1)
Message 1755 of 2,007
Contributor

Unlocking Device

I'm from the Philippines and my new iPhone 7 was a gift to me but it's locked with AT&T. I would like to unlock it but the link does not work. Can anyone lead me to a different link?

Message 1756 of 2,007
Contributor

Unlock Phone

My son's iPhone 6 is disabled. We have tried all Apple procedures which didn't work. We've tried hard shut done, removing AT&T sim & nothing worked. He does not have iTunes or iCloud acts. to sync with. He also had the "do not disturb" on. Will getting a new SIM work to unlock? We've submitted unlock request a 8 days ago, but have not received a response. What can we do?
Message 1757 of 2,007
ACE - Expert

Re: Unlock Phone

Not enough information.  But I don't see how carrier unlocking it will have any effect.

Why is it disabled?   Disabled iPhone usually indicates the locksceen passcode was entered wrong multiple times and is locked him out.

Is he the original owner?   If not, is the original owner available.  iCloud lock can only be removed by the person who locked it.  Not ATT or Apple.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1758 of 2,007
Contributor

Yes, my son forgot his passcode & did multiple passcodes resulting in being disabled & locked out. We are the original owners, purchased thru our AT&T account.
Message 1759 of 2,007
Contributor

Also, since Apple was unable to help us with this issue they suggested to contact our carrier.
Message 1760 of 2,007
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support