For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@cllauer Did you have it on AT&T postpaid or GoPhone?

Did you buy it from AT&T?  Did you ever have the device replaced?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

It was purchased through att but was replaced by apple about 3 months ago. (I went in to the store today and they confirmed that they gave me an att locked phone when they replaced it in November).

We have a typical wireless plan- the phone is all paid off and all the other phones on the plan were able to be unlocked.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@cllauer Sometimes the new IMEI numbers don't get passed over to AT&T properly in those cases.

I'd message @ATTMobilityCare and politely explain the situation.

Please let me know how it turns out so I know whether to suggest this again to somebody...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

February 22, 2017 a request has been put in to unlock my device. the status could not be checked because website is not functioning properly and now have to wait even longer for phone to work. att service has been good over the past 10 years but i guess when you move to another carrier they do not care anymore!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am military and on orders in Germany. I have sent my orders to at&t and put my American number on hold. I've sent my orders again trying to unlock it three times. This last time I was denied by getting this message:

Your unlock request was denied because the account information doesn’t match our records.

I don't have the funds to buy a whole new phone. My job requires my communication between elements and I've already been in country for a month.

What can I do to fix this!?!?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I've been try to unlock iphone 6 after the contract ended but got denied 6 times included 2 times with the at&t Customer service. Im still at&t customer. Everytime i tried there was always a message said: "Your unlock request was denied because the account information doesn’t match our records". Is there any help? Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

switched 2 lines from ATT to T mobile.
one line completed second line won't unlock. spoke to Apple they said ATT didn't complete the unlock process on the second line correctly. i keep getting Sim card not supported message.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

We have paid off all of our phones and are not currently under any contracts and attempted to unlock the phones on our account.  After completing the online unlock request, we were told that our request was denied because "Your unlock request was denied because the account information doesn’t match our records"  the account information was entered correctly.  What can I do to get these phones unlocked?  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for you help!  I've messaged, but haven't heard back yet - will make sure to update you when I do!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@cllauer wrote:

Thanks for you help!  I've messaged, but haven't heard back yet - will make sure to update you when I do!

FYI, It could easily be days before you get a message back. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.