• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

When I get back to the states, I feel no sympathy to remain loyal to AT&T.   I would return the unopened iPhone7 and cancel the contract immediately.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

AT&T does not have contracts, so there is nothing to extend.   If your current phone is out of contract, or completed its Next installments, then it should be unlockable.    

What reason was given?

Japan has great wifi.  My son traveled there in April and had no problem using wifi for wifi calls and Text.  If you enabled wifi calling on your, iPhone 6 you can leave cellular off and use wifi. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I'm under a corporate account and it's being manage by a wireless
management company of whom I do not wish to named.

They said that they submitted multiple requests to unlock my phone and it
came back with a "DENY" message.

I've been a AT&T customer for over 10 years and with the corporate account
they still manage the account like they do before they introduce AT&T NEXT.

Yes, Japan does have great WIFI but it's still very choppy when calling
using WIFI. Not having data plan makes traveling difficult when I want
to use my navigation on the phone. There are still some area in Japan
where WIFI is not available.

AT&T screwed me big time here.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

If you are not the account owner, and your company is having problems with request, your company should be asking for help unlocking.  They should have contacted ATT after the first failure.  

The time to do this was before you traveled.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, I put in my request 3 days before departure. It takes AT&T 2-3
business days to process my request. The first request came back as denied
and the second attempt was the same. By all mean this was not a last
minute request. Nevertheless, AT&T have no right to hold on to my unlock
code. After 2 years of owning the phone and with good account balance, I
should get my unlock without any hesitation.

I'm also taking this account back to own my possession. Clearly my
wireless management company didn't fought hard enough to get me the unlock
code. They were literally just pushing papers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Ganhei uma unidade de US vir morar no Brasil, mas não o número da linha. Por esta razão eu não posso mesmo fazer registro na AT & T.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

NEVER post IMEI numbers on a public forum.

All phone unlocks go through the unlock portal - www.att.com/deviceunlock

Apply for the unlock as a non customer.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi I got a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from my nephew while visiting me in Cambodia. I put my local Sim card and it ask me for the network lock pin. Please can u help me get the unlock code. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I've submitted the request to unlock two AT&T iPhones and recieved the emails saying they were approved but the emails imply that I'll recieve another email once it's processed?

"Once you have received the email confirming AT&T has approved and processed your unlock request, follow these instructions to complete the unlock for your device"

So, will I be recieving another email once it's processed? If so, how long does that take? Or is this it?  When I check the status it just says "Approved".  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi,

I recently purchased an iPhone 6 from eBay since I was having issues with my current phone. I was also planning on taking it overseas with me since I travel from time to time. However when I inserted my international sim into the phone the phone didn't recognize it as a valid sim. I tried to go to the AT&T device unlocking website only to find that the previous owner had not paid off the contract for the phone. Is there any way the phone can be unlocked by AT&T? I couldn't find any support email address on their website which is why I am posting here on the forums. I have reciepts to show that I indeed bought the item and is not stolen or anything.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.