For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hello, 

I want to unlock my iPhone, which I'm using under contract with Airvoice. When I requested unlock service, the system says that "Your device is currently active on another AT&T customer’s account." I contacted Airvoice regarding this issue, but didn't get any useful answer. Can you help me? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I bought the phone from Jordan I do not have enough money to unlock How can you help me

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

@Cowgirl4499 wrote:

I recently purchased an iPhone 6 and tried to get unlock code for it and was denied because it is associated with an account with an unpaid balance( not mine I am not an att customer) is there anything I can do to get it unlocked or did I pay $500 for a glorified paper weight?

@Cowgirl4499

AT&T will not unlock a phone if it wasn't paid off.  You can use it on ATT or Cricket without unlocking it.

Otherwise sell it on eBay as carrier locked.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

If you buy a iphone from a locked from the company Can you open it. (Buy it from amazon)

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

@Alsefri

If you purchase a Gophone from anywhere, in ATT Gophone packaging, it is locked to ATT for 6 months of paid service.

Any other ATT phone is sold locked, but can be unlocked.  If an ATT phone has never been used on ATT the IMEI may not be in the computer and come back rejected as a non-ATT device.

If that happens, you have to message @ATTMobilityCare for help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I purchased an refurbished iphone6 years ago, and I'm trying to unlock it now.

I've submitted a unlocking request, but got an email saying that "We're unable to process this request because it is not a consumer device"

I still use this cellphone, and my mobile line is also in AT&T, not sure what the problem is.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

How to unlock an iPhone 6S bought and paid in full at Bestbuy Mobile store in a tourism visit?

I`m in another country now and I`ve JUST OPENED the box and couldn`t use the phone here. A sim card from AT&T was inserted in the slot and Apple said the phone is linked to AT&T.

The AT&T page about how to unlock say something about "use service for 6 months at least" and I`m not shure if this apply to my phone.

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My wifes old Iphone 4 unlock request has been denied saying it is not a 'consumer device'! it has been paid off like an year ago! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi sir i have question

About if i receive iPhone from usa and its locked by TA&T company how i can unlocked it I'm from gulf countries please i want how i cant do it .

Thanks for help me
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.