• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@Iphone-unlock

have you used an ATT SIM card to set up the phone as new?  The unlock is not complete until you setup with new SIM card.  You will get a notice about the SIM card - complete the setup anyway.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@Kimo46355

Only the owner can unlock it.  If they sold you a phone still under contract, they must pay off the phone, or should have told you it could not be unlocked.   Your option is to return the phone to the owner for a refund as it will not be unlocked until it's contract is completed.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi there! @trangnguyen2609  thanks for posting your question.

You’ll want to request an unlock for the phone. Although it has been purchased at full retail, if it’s an AT&T phone it will be locked to the AT&T network.

To request an unlock, please visit us online at https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/ and follow the steps to request your phone be unlocked.

Thanks!

Charise

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

i Have an At&t Iphone 5s that ive been trying to unlock and they keep teliing me i cant due to not having the phone on my account long enough. i bought it from 3rd party who upgraded his phone and i have it on my account a couple of months before buying the ne samsung S6. i so tired of getting the run around from AT&T all the time for something that i have paid for and they have made their money off of. it like you can never pay  them enough money to get something done.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi there @droberts7574

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been unable to unlock your device; I’d be glad to help you out.

Please send me a private message including your name, IMEI number, and contact email address.

We will reach out to you within 2 business days.

Thank you,

Michelle

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I've been trying daily to unlock my IPhone 4s I'm currently overseas so I can't call AT&T. I upgraded my wife's iPhone on 9/25 and I continues to tell me it's less then 14 days. This is my second post last recommendation was to wait a few day witch I did. Can I do a live chat with AT&T?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I want to unlock iphone 5c at&t

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

You need to go through the unlock portal providing you qualify...

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB414532&cv=821

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I requested that my iPhone 6 be unlocked on 10/09/2015 at https://www.att.com/deviceunlock, and immediatley received the following email:

Unlock request number: xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting AT&T about unlocking your mobile device.

Congratulations! Here are your unlock instructions:

For iOS 7 or later devices, please turn off Find My iPhone before unlocking your device.

Once you have received the email confirming AT&T has approved and processed your unlock request, follow these instructions to complete the unlock for your device.

Using a Non-AT&T SIM Card:

1. Remove your SIM card and insert the new SIM card.

2. Complete the setup process.

Using an AT&T SIM Card:

1. Back up your iPhone.

2. When you have a backup, erase your iPhone.

3. Restore your iPhone from the backup you just made.

Questions? Please call 800.331.0500, or dial 611 from your AT&T wireless phone.

Sincerely,

The AT&T Customer Care Team

As of today (10/16/2015), I have not received the the email confirming or denying my unlock request.  It has been 5 business days.  I can private message a support person with the IMEI and the Request Number if they could help me determine the status of this request. 

Thanks,

Mark

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Customer Service was able to confirm that my phone had successfully been unlocked evenn though I did not receive an email stating the unlock had been approved and completed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.