For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hi i bought an iphone 6 in us but i am from ecuador how can i unlock my phone because it is suposed to be unlocked i came here and i have the surprise that it is not. I did the unlock recuest but it says that the imei its not compatible and it is the one that the phone gives me coul someone help me?
i can not use the iphone in my coutry

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hi i tried to unlock my phone by the way you tell but i have the response that the imei is not correct how can i unlock or how can someone help me i live in ecuador i have the phone here but i can not use

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi good night my name is mevlan dag im from turkey it is my iphone 5 ime no ***** my operator at&t please open the my unlock

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

@kdfederer wrote:

Yes, it can take that long. Normally it doesn't but it is a holiday weekend and some parts of customer service don't work on the weekends.

Phones will only be unlocked after any agreements have been completed.

Well, to report back after coming back from Ireland:

Even the AT&T Customer Service attempted to submit an Unlock Request. Didn't work. Come back to the States, call AT&T and tell them about the unlock issue and they tell me to resubmit and if it doesn't send an email confirmation, to call them back. Well HELLO, that's why I'm calling for a 4th time in regards to the unlock request. I went ahead and resubmitted another unlock request. Checked the status today and it says it was cancelled because I never replied to the confirmation email. I NEVER GOT THE EMAIL. Why is this process so complicated for AT&T?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Dear all,

My name is David from indonesia. so, my sister bought me an Iphone 6 (AT&T) from US and aperantly the iphone its locked by the carrier. is there anyone who can help me how to unlock it from here? Thank you.

Kind Regards,

David

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

first let me intoduce my self, My name is David from Indonesia, i just found out that the iphone 6 my sister gave me is locked and i tried to contact at&t and attached pic is the answer from At&t, can anyone help me how to unlock it from indonesia? im so desperate need helps. 

Regards,

DJT

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi. My name is Oleg. I'm from Ukraine. I bought iPhone 5S via Ebay. I tried to unlock it here but I received next message:

Unfortunately, your unlock request was denied because:
You haven’t fulfilled your service contract.
You can submit a new request once you complete your service contract.

I understand problem but I can't use ATT contract here in Ukraine and I can't use this phone with ukrainian carriers. What should I do, how I can unlock phone?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I have an ATT iphone 4 (it shows carrier ATT in "About device"), but when I attempting to unlock device here I receive the next e-mail: The IMEI number 01xxxxxxxxxxx42 you entered does not match a device compatible with the AT&T network? How it possible? Who can help with unlock?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi !
A friend give me an iPhone 5 bought at AT & T a few years ago .
But I'm living in Portugal . I can unlock the iPhone to use it in Portugal ?
Thank you.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

If your phone is eligible, all phone locks must go through the unlock portal.

www.att.com/deviceunlock

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.