For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

If you have completed the contract requirements, you can unlock your phone at any time and still use it until you get a new phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

Yes, it can take that long. Normally it doesn't but it is a holiday weekend and some parts of customer service don't work on the weekends.

Phones will only be unlocked after any agreements have been completed.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

I believe the website says 2 business days....

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Hello,

I've iPhone 5 which is locked with at&t. I brought it from internet, But i don't know about Wireless Account Number, Account Holder's Name, Last 4 Digits of the Account Holder’s SSN, AT&T Wireless Account Passcode. I only know about imei number. So i can you please tell me can i unlock my device or not?

Rajat Sharma

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

Shouldn't the email verification be automated after you fill out the form?!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

Two days to unlock, not to receive the verification email.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

when you go to https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/ the first field is "Customer type" click the radio button on the far right to select " Non-AT&T Mobility customer" and you will not need that information

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

thank you for solution.

I've one more question. When i insert my imei number it says "We found no record of the IMEI Number you entered". but it still shows the error of sim not valid in my iphone.

if you need i can provide my imei number?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hello!

Some years ago I bought a used iPhone 4, and it worked good for years as second line.
Now I moved to another country and I need to unlock it, but I have no connection with the first owner.
How I can do it now?

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

9 years ago

Your phone's lock status and your AT&T service are unrelated.  Unlocking your phone will not affect your service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.