• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Sir im living in india I have not an att account how to submit my request

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @shahrukh 

You can still submit a request even if you never had an AT&T account. See the information above and use the link to the online unlock portal to get started.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hello. I bought iphone 6 unlock. I have att number over 6 month. I back to Russia and my iphone does not work. I need to unlock my phone. What o need to do? In New York with my att number iphone worked.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

im a business customer, spend around $6,000 every month, and no doubt that ATT covers my necessity while abroad, however when asked to provide unlock for iphones they really are a pain, that makes me move to others carriers such as tmobile, since they have no restrictions in unlocking the phone at no problem, Ive been a customer for many years and I find this "unable to unlock" a sort of pushiment towards our loyalty, I mean I even researched if these was under constituion and Ive found out recently: "

President Barack Obama signed a bipartisan bill into law Friday that aims to make it easier for consumers to change their cell phone service providers without paying for a new phone.

The bill, known as the Unlocking Consumer Choice and Wireless Competition Act, reverses a decision made by the Library of Congress two years ago that said it was illegal for consumers to "unlock" their cell phones for use on other networks without their service provider's permission." under DMCA S.517 Why Att keep their unfair policy?

I called ATT and they simply told me that the phone must be in the account for at least 60 days

Scholar

• 

457 Messages

9 years ago

you have to request the unlock through online form. Or you can try call customer service at 18003310500 to get one of the rep to help you. 

Scholar

• 

323 Messages

9 years ago

Im assuming you have an international SIM?  It doesn't sound like it was unlocked.  So get an unlock code and place another carrier SIM into the iPhone and restore via iTunes to unlock the iPhone.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

deb0106, the unlock requirements appear to have changed in the last few days and are now as stated in the first post.  Have you tried your request recently?  There is also a separate link for business customers which I have not taken a look at.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Heres their reponse, Ive been using over 60 days:

This was yesterday:

Thank you for contacting AT&T about unlocking your mobile device. 

Unfortunately, your unlock request was denied because: 

Our records indicate that you are not associated with the original owner of the device. 

Please check the account holder’s information and submit a new request. 

Questions? Visit us on the web at www.att.com/bizdeviceunlock; call us at 800.331.0500; or dial 611 from your AT&T Wireless phone. 

Sincerely, 

AT&T Business Customer Care 

Kathryn S.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

So i have been attempting to get my iphone unlocked it was bought used. I read the requirements for the unlocks and I meet all the general reqs.

General Requirements for All Unlock Requests

• The device must be designed for use on, and locked to, the AT&T wireless network. (For help see Device Unlock Support )
  • It must not be reported lost or stolen.
  • It’s not associated with fraudulent activity.
  • All the device’s service commitments and installment plans are completed, and all early termination fees are paid in full.
  • The device is not currently active on a different AT&T customer’s account.
  • If you performed an early upgrade, you must wait the 14-day buyer’s remorse period before you can request to unlock your previous device.

I keep getting denied due to the fact that the old account holder data does not match. I am not a customer of att&t and want to get my phone unlocked. Here is the issue. NOWHERE does it say the new customer data must match the old customer data. The device i have is not linked to any account so why is it i keep getting denied? You guys are setting yourself up for litigation by not posting a full requirement list including that you know the old customers info.

The device i have like stated has met all the general requirments and i am still getting denied. What gives?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

I believe what they are trying to tell you is that the phone is still linked to an account of another AT&T customer. I believe that if you check you will see that the next to last General Requirement is that the phone is not active on another account. This just means that the person who last had the phone on their account did not inform AT&T that they changed phones, so that phone is still active on their account. Have the previous owner remove the phone from their account with AT&T.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.